BulldogsRUs / Fraud & scam

1 Queens Village, NY, United States Review updated:

Please read this article out of the paper, Robin is finally losing. There are so many people out there that need to pursue this with her!

Queens-based 'Bulldogs R Us' owner accused of selling sick puppies.
BY BRENDAN BROSH
DAILY NEWS WRITER

Keivom/News
Valerie Ramirez (l.) and daughter Jessica hold photos of bulldog Ozzie, whom they eventually euthanized.

Ward for News
Robin Schulder, who operates the Web site 'Bulldogs R Us, ' has also been ordered by a Bronx judge to pay $2, 095 to a heartbroken family that had to put down their ailing 7-month-old puppy. A prolific Queens dog breeder has drawn the ire of animal lovers and the scrutiny of state law enforcement officials for running what a former customer described as a "house of horrors" that produces too many sick puppies. The breeder, Robin Schulder, who operates the Web site "Bulldogs R Us, " has also been ordered by a Bronx judge to pay $2, 095 to a heartbroken family that had to put down their ailing 7-month-old puppy.

Schulder sells at least five different dog breeds from her home in Queens Village, and has numerous consumer complaints against her - drawing the attention of state law enforcement officials. "We are aware of the complaints, take them seriously, and are reviewing them closely, " said Alex Detrick, a spokesman for state Attorney General Andrew Cuomo. The Ramirez family in the Bronx bought an English bulldog puppy from Schulder in November that suffered from neurological disorders, blindness, parvovirus and a host of other problems.

"Within the first few days we noticed something was wrong, " said Jessica Ramirez, 16, who borrowed money from her grandmother to buy Ozzie, a handsome mahogany and white puppy. "He started to lose weight. He walked around in circles." In a contract, Schulder guaranteed Ozzie's health for a year, but she didn't help the family with veterinary care when he fell ill.

"We got three unfit-for-sale letters from three different veterinarians, " said Jessica's mother, Valerie, a paraprofessional with the city Education Department. "I wanted her to pick up the medical bills but we didn't want to give [Ozzie] back to Robin." One vet noted on Ozzie's medical chart that he was "depressed, weak, unable to support weight, vomiting in cage, no appetite."

After seven months of heartache the family tried to place Ozzie with a bulldog rescue group but another veterinarian advised them to euthanize him. "I didn't want to lose him, " said Jessica, who worked at a supermarket to pay her grandma back. "I didn't want to go with my family when they put him to sleep."

The family took Schulder to court and a judge ruled in their favor with a $2, 095 judgment, which Schulder has yet to pay. "I have no comments for these people, " Schulder told the Daily News in a phone interview, contending she has done nothing wrong. Schulder said the case was still pending. Court papers show the judgment is dated April 24. During the court hearing, Schulder said she sells 200 dogs a year, the Ramirez family said.

"I have no violations with Albany, " Schulder said, referring to the fact that dog breeding is regulated by the state Department of Agriculture and Markets. "I'm a licensed breeder." She also sells Yorkshire terriers, pit bulls, bull terriers and Chihuahuas from her home, and operates several Web sites. Animal rescue groups are familiar with "Bulldogs R Us" and other animals sold by Schulder.

"This is a terrible operation, " said Laurette Richin, head of the Long Island Bulldog Rescue, a group that places abused and sick animals with families. "I have had so many complaints about her that I don't know how she can still be in business."

Several former customers described Schulder's home as being overrun by dogs. "It was filthy, it was smelly, it was disgusting in there, " said Patricia Czech, who bought a bulldog named Vinny from Schulder. "It's a house of horrors."

Czech had so many problems with the 8-month-old that she had to return it to Schulder in two weeks and was refunded her $1, 000. She has inquired about Vinny's fate, but Schulder won't return her calls, Czech said. The Ramirez family cautioned potential customers from doing business with Schulder.

"Just look her up on Google, " said Valerie Ramirez. "She needs to be shut down. She has sold sick puppies to a lot of people."

Comments

• Va
      3rd of Jul, 2008

this is my story im jessica ramirez and it was my puppyy and my mom did all this for me and robin seriously needss to be put down!

• At
      6th of Jul, 2008

I cant understand why in the world anyone would purchase a puppy that came from a filthy house of horrors like it states in the paper It said that you woman went to Robins home from bulldogsrus and you observed a hell house of horrors but yet the both of you purchased dogs from her that sounds like a total lie, if i went to a breeders home and saw filth smelly ### laying around i would run for the hills. I personally dont believ your stories at all I think that you are both liars, thats my personal opinion ! Unless you people are just sick which one ? And i read that Robin refunded the money for 1 of the ladys dogs no problem, I also contacted Bulldog Rescue of Long Island and they have never resued any dogs that were sold through Robin I think you people are really nuts and lie alot to hurt others. That is not nice at all. I also called Albany where the licence is issued and Robin never had any complaints regarding dirty unsanitary filthy conditions when the inspectors arrived, which now makes me wanna blow the whistle on you people for lying ! Candice

• Cr
      6th of Jul, 2008

Oh Robin, get a life! You do know that the Attorney General is on board now, it's just a matter of time before you won't be able to sell anyone else any sorry excuse for a purebred, "AKC" registered english bulldog. It's all come full circle now, and all the people that you've taken advantage of are finding each other. They are all comparing stories and each one of them is helping the next one to take your "business" down. You will, in the end be paying everyone back for the misery and heartache you've caused on the families with these sick little creatures.

Have you no heart?

6th of Jul, 2008

YES you said it, that's exactly what's happening.
    Crazy 4 Bullies, that's what this WHOLE thing is about.
    We are getting together and talking, there is more than you can imagine.

It's about a 16 year old girl that has paid a high price for a dead puppy.

Animal cruelty has nothing to do with your dirty house, what is your obsession with this filthy house crap. It's the quality of dogs you are putting out there that we can't even fix on these helpless, beautiful animals.

Any suggestions on how to make a blind dog see, a brain damaged dogs head stop hurting, help straighten out these crippled legs, no I didn't think so. To late for Ozzie anyway.

I have a suggestion for you, keep up the good work on keeping your house clean, that's what seems to bother you the most.

By the way Candice I mean Robin if I did voulenteer work for the Human Society Or any animal protection agency you would be the 1st person I would pursue.

I'm thinking of leaving the Dept of Ed to Work for the ASPCA.
    You know them Robin, YES.

6th of Jul, 2008

Hi my name is Brian iAM REAL EMAIL ME ! and I have to say to all of you that I guess out of the 7-10 complaints I read we are one of the lucky ones, we have a 2 year old bulldog from Robin and he is great never sick a day in his life. I am not Robin here is my email adress serious emails only no harrasing emails or you will be reported Frrjo7@AOL.COM I got in touch with about 89 people that purchased dogs from this so called bad breeder (ALL OVER THE UNITED STAATES REAL PEOPLE YOU CAN ACLL OR EMAIL THEM, REAL NUMBERS, REAL ADRESS'S) and they had signed a petition stating to the fact that they all purchased a puppy from Schulder at Bulldogsrus and they have never had a problem, if you purchased a bulldog from Schulder and are happy email me and we will add you to the list we are fowarding this to all the government officials and the SPCA and th media to publish. We have formed a support group for Schulder with respect to the fact that we all purchased dogs from her and they are all healthy and we have never had any problems. We sill stand up for this breeder and fight for her and we are alot stronger than the few of you we have already 89 people (FROM ALL OVER THE STATES ) that are legitamitt and have real names adress and phone numbers that can prove Bulldogsrus sells great pups with out any medical problems. If you really had the problems with your Dogs that you claim you have it is unfortunate but we are happy and will protect this breeder at any extent to ensure she stays in business and has made alot of us and our families very happy ! Brian Schulder has put out alot of healthy dogs WE STAND TOGETHER IN UNITY TO KEEP THIS BREEDER GOING !
    EMAIL ME ONLY IF YOU WANT TO SIGN OUR PETTITION FOR THIS BREEDER AND STATE YOUR POSITIVE EXPERIENCE, WE HAVE FORMED A VERY STRONG GROUP AND LOOKING FOR MORE PEOPLE TO COME TOGETHER AND JOIN THE MORE THE BETTER SERIOUS INQUIRES ONLY PLEASE EMAIL ME THANKS Brian
    Opposed to the few complaints on this board we will fight legally as an army for this wonderful person who has brought joy amd happiness to my kids !

6th of Jul, 2008

Does the IRS know about all these sales? Just curious? hmmm

6th of Jul, 2008

Its Brian I posted my email and I have just received 4 new emails and got intouch with 4 more satisfied customers which brings the count up to 93 people so far that have taken dogs from this breeder Schulder and are very happy and will join this crusade to out do and out rule you people making these terrible rumers about this person.
    We now have 93 people against your 2-3 people who do you think will win? Who do you think they will believe the more the merrier ! Now alot of people are surfacing and comming to the aid of a well know responsible breeder whom we all love, some have even taken more puppies from this breeder and I have these testimonies all on paper signed and notorized. I have spoken to Robin and she greatly appreciates this and I wanther to know more people all over the United States love her then the very few of you that do not. We even working now on a testimonial web site page that will state our names adress and emails and phone numbers for any one to contact us as a reference to use for a great lady and breeder that has brought happiness across the US ! Brian and Fans

Valerie did your daughter really drop the puppy on his head to cause him a brain injury ?

• Du
      10th of Jul, 2008

As I read this story, it breakes my heart I have a Great Dane and a Toy Yorkie Terrier.

If I were this breeder, I wouln't have said I have no comment for these people I would have given my side of the story if I had one.

Are you kidding me. She owes a 16 year old girl a judgement and is not paying.

I would do right by this child, shes been through enough.

Your lucky that your not dealing with me. I hope you don't have children because what goes around comes around.

MORE ### SOB STORIES GO ON TO OTHER THINGS GET A JOB OR SOMETHING

• Du
      11th of Jul, 2008

Whats the matter Your whole board is ###. Most of us put our REAL Names in our Name box Billy.

I do have a job whats your job are you a vet tech.

Thanks Irene

Billy is Robin don't worry Irene. I hope you don't have issues with your dogs.

Thanks for your support but Robin has no heart so she won't settle with Jessica.

I'm sure you have a great job!

Maybe Robin is a vet tech I have no idea. She did mention to me that she was, she gave Ozzie a bogus shot and for $20.00 a month she would vaccinate him. You can buy Scrubs anywhere Brian I mean Robin won't confirm.

• Do