Bruce Hardwood Flooring / Substandard flooring - flaking like scabbies!
After Hurricane Katrina, I had to purchase new flooring for my home which was severely damaged in the storm. I bought four room of Bruce Hardwood flooring [not cheap]. It was installed and now it is flaking like scabbies. There are brown dots, they spread like chicken pocks, the wood starts to bubble, splinter,and chip off. It was a mis-mash of colors from light cherry to deep mahogany. It was like tiger stripes in some areas. I t had to be changed three times. It continues this process. After speaking to the store manager and several people in the flooring department and Bruce flooring, they decided that they would not fix it again and would not honor the warranty. I was forced just to take the money back for this horrible substandard flooring. If I had not, I would have had to have sued both Bruce and Lowes. You would think that Katrina was enough, but I would rather have shipping crates on my floors than this unsightly mess. I was told that it was costing too much money to keep replacing it. Neither even offered to come and rip it up or pay for the expense for me to hire someone. Katrina means "a Cleansing" so I've heard, maybe I need it now more than before Katrina.
More Bruce Hardwood Flooring Complaints & Reviews
- Armstrong laminate flooring - Poor customer service 
- Bruce Hardwood Flooring - They did not want to honor the warranty
- Bruce Hardwood Flooring - This issue would not have been resolved 
- Bruce Hardwood Flooring - Bad Fumes from flooring
- Armstrong/Bruce Flooring - Warranty
- Bruce Hardwood Flooring - the floor is coming up
- Bruce Hardwood Flooring - Hand Scraped Oak Flint
- Armstrong - Laminate Flooring Very uneven edges
- Bruce Flooring - Acacia Flooring by Armstrong
- Armstrong - Plank floor salsa maple