British National Lottery / Winning check of 850, 000 great british pound

1 Spain Review updated:

It is true or is a scam? Can you help me to know?
I have received an email from British National Lottery( monday september 1, 2008 4:54 AM)
P.O. BOX 1010
Liverpool
L70 1NL
Customer service / Claim Department
Ref: 9420X2/68
Batch: 074/05/ZY369
from Robert CHARLES ( robertsclaimsdept54@yahoo.com.hk
He said:
I am in receipt of youre email reply, and have forvarded youre winning check of 850, 000 GREAT BRITISH POUND to the transferring bank handling the transfer of your founds. It will be transferred to you on the appropiate date preferred by you.You are adviced to forward a copy of this email to them as well. Do make sure you contact bank representative to confirme the receipt of your prize...
...
You are to contact the Nationwide Bank Represenative Immediately and I advice you adhere to their instructions to enable a swifttransfer of your Winnings.
below is the contact details:
phone +(44) [protected]
Email: nationwidetransferdept17@hotmail.com
Mr. Mark Adams.
Nationwide Bank
I wonder when i am going to receive my prize, if i ll receive it at all! Cause i have a feeling that i have been scammed! Also Mr. Mark Adams claim to send him olmost 600€ from western union as a tax of transfer of the prize from Nationwide Bank to my bank.
It is true or is a scam? Can you help me to know?

Comments

• Pi
      1st of Nov, 2008

I have an e-mail just like that and If I won, why we have to send that money to: ASSIGNED CLAIMS AGENT: Mr. Glen Michael
    EMAIL: glen4michael1@hotmail.com
    TEL.: +447031982586, +447031979560
    Yours Truly,
    Sir Thomas Brown
    (Online Coordinator)

and probably we never see thouse money ?
    Why they just send the money in a check or something and not ask from us to send them the money ?