Brinks Home Security — long term contacts
I used Monitonics for a number of years and was satisfied with their service. Brinks took them over and shortly after that we moved from the east side of Indianapolis to Avon which is west of Indianapolis. I called and tried to cancel with Brinks but received a notice that I had a contract with them until 08/08/2021. Apparently, I had a technician come out sometime late in 2017 or early 2018 to look at a problem and he said that I needed a 'new panel'. It was installed and as part of this 'upgrade' (which I didn't ask for) my contract was extended to 08/08/2021. We made an unexpected decision to move in August of this year to help out my daughter and her 2 kids. She has SimpliSafe at $14.99 a month. She wants to stay with her security system.
Now Brinks tells me that I have to continue to pay $45.00 a month until August of 2021. That's a total of $1, 485.00 I am going to pay Brinks for no service. I admit that Brinks is legally in the right but I wonder what customer satisfaction means to the company. I am retired and on a fixed income. I didn't know that we were going to move so quickly and so soon. I called Customer Service twice and there is NO desire on Brink's part to understand my position and help resolve this in way that helps me. I noted to the last person I talked to that I am done with Brinks, I will not use or recommend them, and will, in fact, actively tell my story on social media and other outlets. I think that Brink's desire to get me into long-term contracts is a deceitful business strategy and I have nothing but disdain for the company.
More Brinks Home Security Complaints & Reviews
- Brinks Security Lighting System - instructions 
- Brinks Home Security - horrible company! 
- Brinks Dusk-Dawn Light Model 7252 - faulty electrical and photocell 
- Brinks - Broadview Security - fees and cancellation 
- Brinks (Now Broadview) Home Security - poor service and would not release from contract 
- Brinks Plug-in Activated Security Light - goes on and off all night
- Brinks Security - scam and lies
- Brink's - brinks 7674w solar security lights
- Brink's Global Services - brinks led bulb 5jl1 e340191 
- Brink's Global Services - led flood light stopped working after only 4 months. replaced with other bulb and it works fine. I need a replacement bulb, but can not find any.