Bright White / Scam

1 South Carolina, United States Review updated:

Bright white has also charged me $87.13 before the 10 day trial was up. I have contacted my bank and canceled my debit card. I am currently filling out an affidavit of unauthorized use. My next step is to file a police report. I have spoken with 3 different people today [protected]) at bright white([protected]). The first person (Nicole) states she is sending an e-mail for me to fill out for a refund. Didn't happen. Called back, same thing. My third call was with (Kate), she says she canceled my membership over the phone and i should have $87.13 back in my account in 3 days. If it were that easy, why did i have to call 3 times. I have my doubts. I will countinue with my bank has advised.

Comments

• Ir
      27th of Apr, 2010

I have the same complainant that everyone else has. Bright White STOLE $92.37 from my account. What a scam! Boy I wish I could run a business like that. I think I have been waiting on hold for an hour to talk to someone, to tell my there is not a thing they can do for me. DO NOT ORDER THIS PRODUCT! unless you have money to throw away.

• Mi
      11th of Aug, 2010
    El tecal,

Has charged to my account twice 87.49 I had called on the first charge and they said they canceled it but they did it again!!

16th of Aug, 2010
    bright white

Have been charged twice.Once for £4.02 and the £59.14 for bright white teeth whitener.Have not received product either.

• Da
      19th of Aug, 2010
    744 37th St.
    Des Moines
    Iowa

Order free sample of Brite White Tooth Whitening Gel...Did not order product again.
    My checking account has been charged for 87.47.

• Ra
      25th of Oct, 2010
    Bright White - order not received and money taking.
    bright white

I ordered free trial from the bright white for, witsh i never receive and i get charge fore free trial plus 87, 47 and foreine charge so when i complaine on phone 2 times i get charges again 87, 47 plus fotrine charges so the total the charges was almost 182.94 for something i never received .It looks to me this company it taking money from people without any purchases.i'm waiting for them until the en of the month if no i'm going to post not in my face book andat my work unt i puch this probleme to channel 7 because i taped my conversations for 2 times .so i'll wait and see what going to happen/////

• Mr
      26th of Oct, 2010

I purchased trial size package which should only been shipping for some dental whitening which should have been charged 99p and 2.51 then a week after the order, they took £55.96 off of my credit card. When I tried to ring the office of this firm in the UK they only had the answer phone on and were not taking any calls. I have contacted my credit card firm and had to cancel my credit card and have told them I had not instructed them to take anymore money.
    Barclaycard are trying to get my money back.

Mrs A Knowles

• Hw
      28th of Oct, 2010
    Bright White - taking money from my account

I ordered a FREE trial gift of a tooth whitening product paid postage only

now monthly amounts are taken from my account. To date a total of £106.15

has been misappropriated.

• Pa
      30th of Oct, 2010

I WOULD LIKE TO UPDATE MY COMPLAINT ABOUT BRIGHT WHITE. ON TUESDAY 10/19, I WENT TO MY LOCAL POLICE STATION AND FILLED OUT A REPORT AGAINST BRIGHT WHITE. I THEN WENT TO MY BANK AND GAVE THEM THE AFFIDAVIT OF UNAUTHORIZED USE AND THE POLICE REPORT. IN THE SAME AFTERNOON I WAS CONTACTED BY A DETECTIVE AND HE TOLD ME THE BANK WOULD PROBABLY EAT THOSE CHARGES AND GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK, SINCE IT WAS SUCH A SMALL AMOUNT. THE NEXT DAY 10/20, I RECEIVED A CALL FROM THE FRAUD DEPARTMENT AT MY BANK. LONG STORY SHORT, THEY GAVE ME MY MONEY BACK. WHAT IS SO FUNNY IS THAT ON 10/21 I SAW MY POLICE REPORT IN THE LOCAL NEWSPAPER. I WAS SO GLAD TO SEE THE REPORT, NOW EVERYONE IN MY AREA CAN BE MORE INFORMED ABOUT BRIGHT WHITE AND THEIR SCAMS.

• Cs
      1st of Nov, 2010
    Bright White
    El Tecal PA

This is the huggest scam! I authorized one shipment for $3.87 and so far over the last few months they have charged over $90/mo on my credit card and now more fraudulent charges from other companies from the same city are showing up. DO NOT BUY THIS!

• Mo
      3rd of Nov, 2010
    Bright White - cancelling of goods which were not ordered
    Int'l Bright white
    London
    England, Greater London
    United Kingdom

I, like your previous writer sent for a "FREE SAMPLE", which I did receive. The advert stated "pay for postage only"...no mention of cancelling with in 14 days. I have since contacted the company Twice to confirm my cancellation of goods not required..only to discover they continue sending out the goods by FED EX. I have, however instructed my bank NOT to pay these people. One more [point, the phone number showing on the internet for the U.K. is in fact in California, yet another con!!

• Ts
      8th of Nov, 2010

wanted to try sample of product.Billed CCard for morethen what was agreed upon

• Ar
      14th of Nov, 2010
    El Tecal
    Chicago
    Illinois

Free sample, credit card given for minimal shipping
    unauthorized $87.13 charge 3 days after I had the card declared compromised Sample package was shipped from an apartment complex in Chicago

• Pr
      15th of Nov, 2010

My credit card is being billed 3 different amounts from this company.

• Si
      17th of Nov, 2010

Hi,
    Same issues as above. I've been charged £57.60 that was entirely unexpected and unauthorised. sigmund_monkfish@yahoo.com.

• Ge
      18th of Nov, 2010
    Bright White - Unsolicited order
    Bright White

Like many others apparently, I believed I was getting a free sample of the Tooth Whitener only to be charged the full price for a product that does not work. I now find I have been charged a further$278 for the same item bringing the total amount taken stolen from my credit card to $278. What is going on? Please take the necessary steps to refund my money forwith.

• Do
      20th of Nov, 2010

The website (http://www.andersondentalpractice.com/whitening19) no longer exists. I ordered the "free trial" on 10/10/10 they charged by credit card 3.87. On 10/14 they charged my credit card 1.49 and on 10/20 they charged my credit card 87.13. A Transaction for $9.76 at PROFITVAULT 8002568416 was charged on my CC on or around 11/02/2010 in EL TECAL, Panama. It appears Bright white gave away my CC information. I froze my CC on 11/02/10. Received my CC statement and noticed the unauthorized charges. Contacted Bright White and told them I had 2 unauthorized charges from them on my CC. They told me that according to the "terms and conditions" I had to return within 10 days after placing the order to get a refund. I told them that I never had terms and agreements when I purchased the product and I cannot got back and verify because the website does not exist anymore. I told them that I have not used the product or opened the box and I would like to return for a full refund. I was transferred to a supervisor (Mariel Vauis) who processed the return and informed me that there is a 45% restocking fee. Also not advertised on the receipt or website. They will only credit $39.20 to my credit card of the $92.49 they initially charged - to return the unopened product. I do not believe they will refund any money due to their illegal advertising tactics and the company trying to make additional charges from my credit card from another company.

The final manger I spoke to was Mark Davis and he was no additional help. I cannot verify any information about their terms and conditions because the website is not longer working.

The RMA address is 47 West Polk Street, Suite 100, Chicago, IL, 60605

One last thing is I filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and I suggest everyone do the same.

• Ms
      21st of Nov, 2010

Hi
    Got caught by this firm on a pop up. Said it was a survey for Yahoo and as thank you could purchase trial pack for price of shipping. Have now discovered our account is over £100 lighter!!!
    Yahoo and our Bank Fraud Dept are looking into. Have cancelled debit card and will be informing the police and trading standards. Have no telephone number or email address to contact these people. No mention made of further costs and haven't recieved the trial pack. Would love to know how you got on.

• La
      22nd of Nov, 2010

I signed up for a 10 day free trial after seeing an article in the local newspaper about this product working. The trial was only supposed to cost me 3.87 for shipping. I cancelled within the ten days and they billed me several times and promised me a refund which I never received. Their phone no longer works and I have had to cancel my credit card and file disputes. These people need to be stopped!

• Ms
      23rd of Nov, 2010

This scam is now in UK - and yes I fell for it. Bank have been great but the police don't want to know. Have a thing called ActionFraud here which says it wants to know about all fraud big or small but tried to fill in a report online and because the bank are refunding the money they don't want to know - how are these people going to be stopped unless all police deptartments in all countries take it seriously. Bright White have upped their game by the way. Now use pop up to say please take part in survey for ??? (mine was yahoo) and offer trail pack for price of shipping. Then money leaks from your account via NovaPay - no 10 day wait just £56 per day!!!

27th of Nov, 2010