Borders.com / Never received item ordered online

Ordered 2 items for Christmas on Borders.com website. Shipping was standard 3-8 business days. Order placed on 12/3/10. Two of the three items ordered were delivered within the shipping time indicated. Third item never delivered, although I was charged for all three (3) items, including shipping. Never received e-mail or telephone communication regarding any shipping delay. Wrote to customer care @ Borders.com requesting information on delivery status, but never received a response. Called 800 number and was on hold for close to 30 minutes. First call on 12/17, representative assured me item would arrive on December 22nd. Item did not arrive on December 22nd, so called 800 number again and on hold for 30 minutes. Call lasted a total of one hour (cost me more for phone call than item), and I demanded a refund, which representative claims I will receive in 5-7 business days, but not holding my breath based on their track record so far. Will NEVER do business with Borders.com again!

Te

More Borders.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ex
      27th of Jan, 2011

I had a very similar problem. I ordered a book on 12/27, and waited until the status said "Delivered", but I never got anything. I called, wrote, and all they could tell me is that is was delivered, when i assured them it had not, at least not to the correct address, they finally said they would re-ship my order, and gave me a new order number to track it.
    After getting off the phone, I discovered that the order number was the same one, and it still said "Delivered".
    I still waited another week, just to see, and sure enough, I never received anything. So, I finally called them and told them to keep the book, I don't want it anymore. Just refund me so I can buy it off of Amazon, and actually get it. So the rep on the phone told me he would refund me, and it would take another week.
    I waited...and waited..., so here it is now a month later, and no one has any reasonable explanation for me. They do not respond to my emails, and the two times they actually did, they just told me it was shipped, and gave me the tracking number. HAHAHAHAHA... it makes me crazy.
    So I finally said, "I'm going to have to be a jerk." I called and asked to speak with a supervisor, and asked her what she could tell me about my order. Apparently, the last rep LIED to me. He didn't do anything to my account. I was outraged and let her know. Luckily she was able to just put all of my money onto a gift card, and gave me the number. So I will now be shopping at a Borders store, and NEVER on their website again. I would really just rather have my money back.
    I think this is ridiculous, even if it were children operating the business. The most unprofessional situation I have ever beheld.