Bloomex / Dead flowers

1 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I purchased three dozen roses to be delivered on Valentines Day. When they arrivede, several of the roses were broken and most of them were black. It was obvious that they had frozen. So far I have made numerous attempts to contact Bloomex, with no response. I will be contacting my credit card company to try to get a refund...

Br

Comments

Jo
  6th of Mar, 2008

My two children who live in istanbul and thompson manitoba had both ordered from bloomex to have flowers delivered to my office for my 49th birthday. one order arrived one day early and the flowers were not only dead, but I found out my daughter had ordered and paid for a larger number of flowers than what was received. the next day an order arrived from my son and his wife in instanbul. these flowers were so dead they fell apart as I tried to removed them from the box. I immediately called the bloomex number and to my surprise, got no satisfaction from them. after a lot of calls and complaints they told me they would have someone pick them up and the money would be refunded to my kids.

Well, to date the flowers have yet to be picked up and the money has not been credited to my kids visas.

I have spread the word for all who I know not to order flowers from bloomex. I also reported them to bbb and found out that I was one of many dozens of reports to the bbb and the company has not responded to any of the complaints.

Mo
  20th of Mar, 2008

I sent bloomex flowers to my sister to celebrate the birth of my new nephew. the flowers received were dead and not the flowers I sent. I have been in contact with bloomex to have the issue resolved for over a month (luckily my sister took a picture of the flowers when they were received so we had proof). the company has offered to replace the flowers or to credit my credit card, but only after collecting the dead flowers for a $9.99 charge... excuse me!
I ordered my wedding flowers from bloomex and have numerous sleepless nights because of this incident.

Ca
  24th of Mar, 2008

This company should be run out of town on a rail!
I placed an order on march 17/08 for delivery on march 21/08. it was not delivered, but I got an email telling me it was delivered on march 20/08, that would have been great, but it's not true. the confirmation email also stated their agent in kelowna, british columbia delivered to my order destination of morinville, alberta! I think they need a map of canada as well, duh!
I think someone should pay them a visit - if I could I would!!
Why do canadians put up with so much crap!!??

29th of Mar, 2008
Bloomex - Use at your own risk!
Bloomex
Canada
bloomex.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=47

Read their terms of use. it states that you use them at your own risk!!!

Terms of use -

Services and conditions of use
As part of our service, we agree to provide you with information and other services that we may decide to offer, subject to the terms of this agreement. upon notice published through the service, we may modify this agreement at any time. you agree and continue to agree to use our services in a manner consistent with all applicable laws and regulations and in accordance with the terms and conditions set out in the policies and guidelines outlined below. please note that you will be referred to as 'customer' in this agreement.
Rules for online conduct
By using the service, you agree that you will not attempt to undermine the integrity of this web site.
Limitation of liability and warranty
Customer agrees that use of the service is entirely at customer's own risk. services are provided 'as is, ' without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation any warranty for information, services, uninterrupted access, or products provided through or in connection with the service, including without limitation the software licensed to the customer and the results obtained through the service. specifically, we disclaim any and all warranties, including without limitation: 1) any warranties concerning the availability, accuracy or content of information, products or services; and 2) any warranties of title or warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortious behavior, negligence, or under any other cause of action. customer specifically acknowledges the service is not liable for the defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of other customers or third-parties and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with customer.
Neither the service nor any of its agents, affiliates or content providers shall be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of use of the service or inability to gain access to or use the service or out of any breach of any warranty. customer hereby acknowledges that the provisions of this section shall apply to all content on the service. we are not responsible for late deliveries caused by acts of god (weather conditions, storms, hurricanes, earth quakes, etc...) and no refunds will be issued for these reasons.
Trademarks
All trademarks appearing on the service are trademarks of their respective owners.

29th of Mar, 2008

These are the owners of bloomex - the info includes phone numbers and email addresses.

Domain florist-ottawa. ca

Fax
Email lokhonia@idirect.com

Gw
  2nd of Jun, 2008

I have also had trouble with a non delivery from Bloomex. As I live in the UK and my friend is in BC Canada, I checked online to find a local company to deliver flowers for her birthday-unfortunately not Googling them first to see the complaints against them!
Several emails later-with no response! and obviously not wanting to phone from the UK, I checked their website again and discovered their online 'chat' facility. I sent a message stating that I was refering my case to Visa if I did not get a refund and received a reply immediately-informing me the 'manager' would be reviewing the situation.
I have now received a full refund.

Br
  4th of Jun, 2008

Since I was going to be out of town for the days immediately preceding mother's day, I ordered flowers for my mom on april 30. when I googled "florists, penticton bc, bloomex was one of the first ones to come up. I chose a bouquet and ordered the flowers be delivered on the day before mother's day. she received the flowers the day after mother's day and they were half dead and flattened, some broken. we were both surprised that the flowers had come from a vancouver florist and had been shipped by truck to penticton, a 6 hour drive away. when she told me, I contacted bloomex by e-mail through their website and waited. when I received no response I had my mom e-mail me pictures of the damaged bouquet and I forwarded them on to bloomex with another message. again no response. I phoned them and, of course, got voice mail saying they would call back in 24 hours. 48 hours later still no response, so I e-mailed again and phoned again. after the may long weekend I received an e-mail apologizing and stating that they would replace the flowers. a week and a half later, when she still had not received the replacement flowers, I e-mailed again, then I called again - then I called again. finally a representative called and said they hadn't sent the 2nd bouquet because I hadn't responded to their e-mail. I pointed out that np where in their message did it say that I was to respond, it simply said they were replacing the flowers. period.

Yesterday I got an e-mail from my mom saying the replacement bouquet had arrived. it is half the size of the original and when she unwrapped it most of the petals fell off the flowers and some were actually rotten. when I contacted bloomex they said that when the first order was unsatisfactory I had the option to reorder or obtain a refund. no one offered me this option. they now refuse to refund my money.

Bloomex mgmt has posted on other websites saying that their competitors post all these complaints - well I am not a competitor - my confirmation number was 805669 - I am just one of the many people bloomex has not served satisfactorily. I strongly urge people not to deal with them, they are unscrupulous!

Gr
  10th of Jun, 2008

My son is traveling overseas & send me flowers for Mother's Day. The flowers arrived early, which was okay. But they were moldy & the roses fell off the stems when I tried to pick them up. I took pictures & emailed them to Bloomex. To date - no response! I would not recommend using this company!

Ba
  9th of Jul, 2008

I have never had such a terrible experience with a company in my life. bloomex delivered flowers 5 days late and dead. when I phoned for customer service, all I got was an operator who said they couldn't do anything about it. I sent e-mails galore! phone calls daily. I finally insisted that the operators contact their head office and tell them to contact me. they never phoned me. this has gone for over a month. had to take pictures of the dead flowers. then they sat on the recipients front porch for 2 weeks to be picked up by bloomex at a cost to me again. then I had to fight with the company to give me my money back. do not, do not, do not ever purchase from bloomex. you will only be disappointed. shame on the people who work for and own bloomex. e-mail everyone you know about this company. we need to get the word out.

Je
  1st of Aug, 2008

Absolutely horrible. wish I would have listened to these complaints prior to placing an order. I am now going to await my refund and will file suit against them. not only did my friend in the hospital never receive her flowers... they kept telling me that they were "investigating" the order. the order was already 3 days late at that point. I am livid! went back to my old trusted friends at ftd.com who never let me down!!! what was I thinking to try to change?! do not I repeat do not order from this company. you will not get anyone on the phone and no one calls back and you can only leave messages online or on phone or text back and forth with a rude "live operator"... not sure how they're still in business, but I will contact the bbb and attorney generals office in regard. I can't believe how horrible this "company" is!!!

Li
  4th of Sep, 2008

I have been trying for over 3 months to get a refund for the dead, moldy flowers that were delivered to my Mom on Mother's Day. I sent photos of the dead flowers to the company, but they have since ignored me. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, but unfortunately there is nothing they can do and the company keeps ignoring them too. Does anyone know what else can be done? I'm so livid that this company stays in business with such poor business practices and absolutely no customer support!

Li
  23rd of Oct, 2008

Wow, I thought I was the only one who was frustrated with Bloomex. Here is my story-ordered flowers early on Oct. 21st for my daughter as she was due home from surgery. I order 6 red roses, 6 white roses, a teddy bear, and much to my surprise I had to pay for the vase. Order was nearly $80.00. I was told they would average the cost for the red and white roses as they sold them as groups of red or white. Said the order would be there on the 21st. Did not arrive that day-that evening I started trying the website, but it was closed. Next day got on the chat line, they said the flowers would be sent-later that day -I even got a call from the manager in Ottawa saying he was checking it out. I called my daughter, she said she had just got them-she did not sound very happy. I asked if she liked the roses, she said she got daisies, very cheap arrangement, and was surprised as we always send nice flowers. Got on the website again, they said they would send the roses the next day. Which is today, called my daughter, she got 3 roses and some lilies. She said the whole arrangement is pretty pathetic. Got on the web again, said I wanted a refund as they had promised the roses, did not get them and what was going on. The said they had delivered twice and the order was closed. I asked my daughter for pictures, I am taking it up with Visa

Je
  29th of Oct, 2008

Even I too, a florist, have learned my buyer beware lesson from bloomex.
We have no wire service such as ftd for precisely this reason. large volume call centres and websites can't possibly do the same job a professional florist can.
We usually contact a florist directly by phone & email and pay by visa. this seems to be the most reliable way to ensure a timely delivery of a good product. I have never had a problem doing it this way.
One of my newer staff members sent an order with bloomex to help one of our customers get flowers to ontario (it came up first on google and she did not shop around I guess).
I have been given the run around for a week now on a non delivery. I was offered a resend which does no good as the recipient is no longer in that location (it was for a graduation ceremony) or cancellation at a charge of $25.00. now I have to dispute it with my credit card company. I feel that these guys are running nothing more than a scam.
I will never use a wire or internet service again.
From now on all my business goes to small florists in actual retail shops.
Thanks for sharing your stories, i'm glad i'm not the only person to be ripped off by these guys, and I hope these guys get what's coming to them. failure.

Ja
  31st of Oct, 2008

Bloomex was completely indifferent to my requests for service and for an answer to my fundamental question of: "Do you intend to deliver the flowers I ordered and paid for?".

I had to badger them for a "I'll get back to you" response on at least three occasions. Weeks passed...no answer or action and clearly no interest in refunding my $52 dollars that they had promptly processed the day after my order. They do that well!

No excuses for Bloomex. Order from them at your peril.

I had to dispute the charge through my credit card company to get my money back. I did.

Bad. Really bad.

8th of Nov, 2008

To all bloomex customers that placed an order with bloomex in the past
5 months,

I am an ex operator for bloomex, I am the operator that placed your order
For flowers or a gift basket. you are entitled to a small refund with bloomex,
There is a glitch in the system and you will notice that I asked you for your
Credit card information before giving you the total of your order, the reason
For this is that the price increases after the order has been confirmed.
The following is a note from the manager of bloomex angela, all operators
Were instructed to do as her letter requested.

This is how bloomex works, please read the following especially #4. which explains why we should not give a total till after the credit card goes threw...!!!

Hi everyone!

A few things ;

1. credit card security codes. must be asked for, when you are taking the number over the phone, we are finding a lot of orders stay in pending when they could have just been paid for.
It is because the security code was not put in. please remember.

2. vase and card combo. this is not an order we can send out by itself. the vase is large and with 3 roses in it, it is not pretty! so, please ensure that you are using it as an add on, not as an order alone.

3. if you have someone who is sending to 2 different people, you need to create 2 different orders. this is because both orders cannot be processed with 1 delivery. if you have any questions about this, please ask.

4. when you are finalizing the order, tell the customer the price after the order confirmation. this is a better reflection of the price. then you can tell them the order number as well. (it is a glitch in the system that we cannot find, but we are working on it... customers for the most part do not notice. do not draw attention to it, please. just be aware of it! and tell the customer the price only at the very, very end of the transaction.!!!)

5. please make sure that you have all of the information. we know by now that you are tired of hearing this, but we are still having orders go through without postal codes, etc. it is not that hard to find this information on 411. ca or canada post, and if it is a business you can goggle the business. please and thank you.! oh yeah, we must have a phone number for the recipient incase the order has to go with teleflora.

6. be a positive and professional voice over the phone. that is what continues to work with the customers and helps you make sales.!!

7. add on sales. it is now a very smart way for you to build your sales by adding on extra touches. the balloons, the full size cards, the vase and card combo etc... all will help build our average ticket sale!

Thanks guys. angela

Just fyi,
Some changes to the schedule you may have noticed, david h has decided to leave us. we thank him for his help and dedication to bloomex.
Stephanie p, sophie, rolly and stedman have all gone now and we wish them the best of luck.

9th of Nov, 2008

Just so everyone knows... the sales operators do not work at an office, they work out of there homes, this is why you can't be transferred.. if your a complaint operators are told not to waste time with the customers complaints.. they have people in customer service that have been trained to hang up on you or leaving you hanging on the live chat.. they know you get tired of waiting and hang up.. thats the game they play... if your working for them I would suggest you check your pay hours you'll find each pay you have been deducted for something if its $5.00 for a wrong email, its something else.. I think office staff angela m, michelle, marilyn and megan get bonus if they get back funds from you... they screw you to benefit themselves... ask me I know.. you can contact me if you like and I will give you all the information about this company... its so easy to collect your credit card info with this company... it wouldnt surprise me if the head office was already doing this for there own purpose... if your not wise enough to read these notes from people you deserve to get screwd... and they will screw you... they would screw over there own mothers if they had the chance...!!!

9th of Nov, 2008

a message from the owner for telling people the truth ...
Yvonne,
You signed contract for non disclosure of company information. Your file will be handled to McGuire & Mills law firm on Monday morning. Pls contact Angela first thing in the morning to rectify the situation untill legal action against you will take place,
Dimitri
Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

I think me letting customers know that they are being ripped off has upset someone tsk tsk ... doesnt pay to be dishonest ... does it Dimitri !!! you wanted me to work for free ... I am ... more volunteer work for bloomex.ca

10th of Nov, 2008

If you are ordering flowers from bloomex, or making a complaint the reason the operator cannot transfer your call is because we all work out of our homes and not in an office with other people.. we are just individuals like yourself, sitting a home selling flowers on line.. your credit card information is only as safe as the computor its being processed on. please do not take out your frustrations on the operators, they are instructed by head office to not help a complaining customer.. you as the customer should realize that you are not the only ones getting screwed, if you give the operator the wrong email address $5. is deducted from you pay for each address that is wrong, we are not paid for breaks not 10 min breaks or lunch not even paid if we go pee, we are deducted. we were being paid $11 hrsly plus 3.5% commission, but that changed overnite to $10. hrly and commission only if you sell so many orders over $60. then you get an extra 1$ an hour which works out to if you worked 20 hrs for the week you get $20. bonus, this is a significant drop in pay, dropped mine over 400. a paycheck.. the reason I was told for the change is because operators are no longer doing customer service, the commission wasnt for customer service it was for sales, and then its based on a conversion that megan in the office does, so if you get 30 calls a day and 15 are sales and 15 are customer service its still figured that you missed 15 sales and this counts towards your sales bonus, but they make sure you can't get that either. bloomex no doubt can write a book on how to screw the customer and employee in 10 easy steps.. they have had lots of practice.. check face book groups and see how many people they have screwed royally.. have a nice day!!! do yourself a favor and order from anywhere else. pay the extra 10$ in the end it will be worth it...!!!

10th of Nov, 2008

To anyone and everyone who has been ripped off by bloomex. ca flowers on line.. including ex employee's who have also been ripped off by bloomex. dimitri the owner of the company has decided that he is pursuing legal action against me for informing customers that they have been ripped off. which is true, any customer who has placed an order in the last 5 months has been overcharged this is the reason the operator takes your credit card # before giving you a total.. it increases after they process the credit card. I have notified some of my customers and I have approximately 1000 left to notify by email.. so join the fight and help put this company out of the business of legally stealing from every one.. contact me at bloomexrippedmeoff@hotmail.com lets fight them together... have a nice day