Blair Clothing Company / Bad business when shipping & giving refunds to long standing customers

220 Hickory St.Warren, PA, United States Review updated:
4.55
Phone: 1-866-289-3689

I am informing you that blair is overcharging people on orders for shipping, backorders, and returns.
I placed an order where 2 reg. Priced t-shirts that were $12.99 each. They sent me one & said the other was on back order. I also had a full order & they were to send the *original* w/free shipping. A week later the second t-shirt arrived at the reg. Price, plus eeightly one cents shipping charge.

So I stopped buying for awhile—about a year and a half.

Foolishly, in june of this year, I ordered a dress on sale for $14.99 & it was just a reg. Order of two items... I was going back slowly on purchasing from blair.

The dress sent looked like potato sack on me... Down to the floor on a mid-calf item & I am five foot-6".

So I spent shipping coming & going on said $14.99 dress & what do I get? An $8.00 check & the "missing (to me of a refund) $6.99" was for what they call a smart label deduction. Never wore it other than to try it on. This is absolutely absurd & I wish someone would stop them from doing this.

Comments

Pa
  26th of Feb, 2009
I did not knowingly sign up for the Blair Rewards and would appreciate it if you would tell me how to unsubscribe.
Be
  9th of Mar, 2009
It a shame!
A business needs to make a profit, I have seen this kind of practice in a Third World country, and will your business survive if you lose your trust from your customer?
Blair is responsible for endorsing Blair Rewards. Blair just simply hand it off to “third party” and leave it customers frustrated.
Where your justice? Where is your civilization?

------------------------------------------------------------------

March 6, 2009

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Blair.

We can not send you a picture of this website. After an order is placed, a pop up window appears. The $1.95 charge for the thirty day trial and the $14.95 a month membership fee were described on the membership acceptance page under offer details. Providing your email address and zip code, then clicking yes confirms the Blair Rewards program and authorization to bill the credit card used on the original order. We do not sign customer up automatically. For any further questions about the membership, please contact the program’s customer service at 1-888-287-7683.

We apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact us.

Sincerely,
Casey
Blair Customer Service
1-800-821-5744
Ki
  5th of May, 2009
Blair has now decided to charge me $14.95 for a mythical "rewards" program which I never signed up for and have never received anything for. Now they're charging me an extra $15.00 a month as a "late fee" because I refuse to pay them $14.95 a month for something I didn't want or ask for in the first place. These crooks need to be exposed, publicised and put out of business. I called and cancelled the "program" and was given a "confirmation" number but apparently that's all part of the scam.
Kk
  28th of Jun, 2009
I'm am being charged $14.95 per month for some reward program that I don't want.
  25th of Jul, 2009

Blair.com - $14.95 taken from my account
blair
Newton
New Jersey
jcabi@embarqmail.com

I just discovered a charge on my bank account for $14.95 which I never authorized. I have made clothing purchases from Blair but everything had been paid for. I would like this amount to be refunded immediately. Apparently I am not the only person who has had this happen to them. Please tell me how to stop this scam. I am outraged at this and will probably never make any more purchases from Blair.
Ga
  28th of Jul, 2009
I received a Christmas Gift and asked if my debit card could be used. I just found out that "Blair" has been charging my account $14.95 since then. I would like this charge removed and a refund as this account was never asked for...
Tim
Ba
  1st of Mar, 2011
I want my money back now, this is a scam!.
Do
  22nd of Mar, 2011
Last summer I ordered some clothing from Blair. I have been very busy taking care of my elderly mother and holding down a demanding job. I pay my bills on line and don't always read my statememnts right away. I just discovered a unauthorized charge of 14.95 for Blair rewards. I never would waste money on something so stupid. I emailed them and asked them to remove the charges and credit my credit card back to the begining. Its a shame because I have been a customer for many years, but I won't be doing business with them again. And if I dont get every penny back I will hire a Lawyer.
Db
  16th of Aug, 2011
Blair clothing has been charging 14.95 for over a year on my credit card statement
Pe
  30th of Sep, 2011
I will never again order from Blair.Ordered a jacket for $40.00 and a sweater and top.They were so cheap looking and I think for $40.00 you should get a nicer looking jacket.I think their quality is really going down hill.Prices are up quality down.Never again.Have been a customer for many years, but not any more.
Si
  12th of Feb, 2012

Blair.com - Returned 2 items - only got refund for 1
Blair.com
blair.com

I ordered two sweaters from Blair in November 2010. I returned one because it was defective (falling apart) December 2010. I asked them to replace it. April 2011 I returned both of them because they were both defective. I have called five times and was told by all that I got my refund for both. I got the refund for only one! I called 5/2/2011 and asked for the supervisor only to be told by her that I got my refund for both of my sweaters. The sweaters cost 19.99 a piece and I was only refunded $8.50 & $11.49. Which is a total of $19.99. I should have gotten $39.98. Why can't they do the math? I told them to take my name off their mailing list as I will not be ordering anything from them ever again! I will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.
Sa
  28th of Feb, 2012
You signed up for Blair Rewards online or during the phone order, and why may ask did it take you 1 year to finally do something about it. Don't you look at your credit card statements and see what charges are put on there, I'm 22 years old and I check my statement every month if I have a problem then i notify my card or the company right away not a year later. DUH!
Ju
  14th of Jun, 2012
i want the 14.95 put back into my account and belive me i will buy from you again this is not right

julie wilkie ottolee1@hotmail.com please contact me and let me when it will be returned and why this happen.
Si
  6th of Sep, 2012
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have ordered from Blair.com in the past and have had really terrible results. I received a catalog that stated clearly on the front cover, order by this date and order will be shipped in time for Christmas delivery. I never got the order until AFTER Christmas. I called customer service and finally got a lady who just kept repeating over and over "there is nothing we can do". Recently I was very tempted to order again and did some research and found out this company is in bankruptcy. Not taking a chance again. I will never place an order with this company, too many complaints and too many problems. No thanks!
Jo
  8th of Oct, 2013
Please cancel my Blair Rewards. 21003360
Ni
  13th of Mar, 2014

Blair.com - Order did not go through
Blair .com
blair.com

I put in a order a few days ago for blair.com through Paypal, used a coupon, received a confirmation on the web page then never received confirmation to my email address.Called blair.com and told my order never went through.Too bad, I ordered from them before but then my order did not go through on their end.This is unacceptable! Wow, so many complaints about orders not going through and I was so sure mine was a fluke.
  17th of Aug, 2016

Blair - no confirmation order number
Blair
Los Angeles
California
Phone: 3236662317

My order has been placed on 21 December 2009 to the Blair company for clothes, since 10 days they dint send any confirmation order nor they are picking telephone calls. when I checked this company background, they were cheating people and supplying all dirty material. Pleased be advised to all customer to be aware from this company.
  17th of Aug, 2016
My attitude to stop blair company website atleast other customer will be safe. I saw in internet webside thousands of people are complaint against blair company.
So
  25th of Aug, 2016

Blair - Blair Rewards
Blair

Ordered two pair of pants for Christmas Gift. Apparently, I checked a box joining Blair Rewards. Just noticed they charged me $1.95 for membership fee, and $14.94 for monthly charges. Clearly misleading and fraudulent. For refund do the folowing: call number from credit card, insist on full refund, get transferred to manager, insist on full refund. This worked for me. Never have I seen such a slick scam. Shame on you, Blair!

Blair.com Logo Blair.com