Black Slate Construction / His work was unprofessional, cheap and I wouldn't recommend him

Don’t work with Black Slate Construction. I hired this man to rebuild my kitchen, bathroom and living room. First of all, he didn’t provide all services, which were mentioned in our agreement. Also, he used cheap labor and material, therefore my kitchen and room looked like a disaster. He made many mistakes with the installation of bathroom and in kitchen. Nothing worked and we argued with this man, because his job was terrible and didn’t worth this sum, which he got from us.

Re
Feb 03, 2016

Comments

• Md
      Jul 29, 2016

We hired Black Slate Construction (Hunter Dolinger) to do a major home remodel: bathrooms, kitchen, floors, carpet, etc. We could not regret our decision more. They did substandard work and stiffed us with the bill to get replacement materials (tile) for the job they botched. Once they had their money, they ran never to be heard from again.

Check other reviews and sites, and you'll see that this outfit has a reputation for low quality work and not standing behind their jobs. I would avoid them at all costs.

• Md
      Aug 16, 2019

@M Dominguez I am happy to update and report that all of my complaints about Black Slate Construction and Hunter Dolinger have been amicably resolved to my satisfaction.

• Bj
      Feb 04, 2017

We had the same bad experience with bad workmanship and poor materials. The owner evidently doesn't pay his workers either, two of them came to my door wanting me to pay them directly since Black Slate wasn't paying them. Sheesh, beware of this ripoff artist.