BillionGraves Holdings / bad searching system

United States Review updated:

I found the website www.billiongraves.com and hoped to find the grave of my grandfather. I searched for several hours and found nothing, because the website turned out to be scam. Their searching system was horrible, and it didn’t provide correct names, searches. I wasn’t satisfied and wouldn’t recommend this website, because it turned my hopes to find the grave of my farther. Please, post your comments and reviews about this website.

Df
Apr 27, 2014

More BillionGraves Holdings Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ci
      14th of Jun, 2014

Oh if only every single cemetery in the world was magically photographed and transcribed overnight. We'd never have to leave our armchairs to do our research. These sites are possible through the efforts such as myself who selflessly give up their own time to visit, photograph and transcribe so that you can sit at home and ### because we haven't gotten to your wish list. How about get off your ### and make some contributions while you are waiting for yours to show up. Now if you'll excuse me, I am on my way to give up my Saturday to photograph and transcribe a cemetery that doesn't have any of my relatives in it. Maybe I'll stumble across yours. I'll tell them you say hello.

11th of Sep, 2017

No support and no refunds. It wasn't until I was checking my bank statement that I discovered I even had a subscription at Billion Graves. My card had been charged without my knowledge with no warning, no reminder, no email, nothing. My email to their "Priority" support only got me a copy-and-paste reply that had absolutely nothing to do with my questions. My second email didn't get a response at all. They care nothing for the users, only the quick buck they're going to take from you without telling you first.

Do NOT sign up here folks! You'll get no support and no refund when you're charged without your knowledge.

26th of Jul, 2018

BE AWARE -- There is a NO REFUND policy once you sign up and on your anniversary your payment will be billed automatically with no pre-notice allowing cancellation.

This policy is NOT on the page where you commit and pay for the service. It is well-hidden on one of the webpages. Search the master help page and you will find no mention.

31st of Jul, 2018

billiongraves.com REFUND.

Just got PayPal response and they agreed with my complaint and are refunding the money from BG's account.

I believe that contesting this on a CC account would also work.

Dear Bob,

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
    favor.

We were able to recover $44.99 USD and this amount has been credited to
    you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to
    recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
    to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
    seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account
    privileges.

30th of Aug, 2018

Address Listed on Billion Graves site is 1881 Traverse Parkway Ste E 555 Lehi Utah.
    According to www.businesswiki.info, 6 companies are listed for that address with a registered agent Jason M. Yancy.
    Ancestry headquarters is at 1300 Traverse Parkway. From where does the "team" for Billion Graves work?
    Why is there no phone, e-mail or live-chat on the web site for Billion Graves. Just too many unknowns for me to consider subscribing. JLG

• Fj
      26th of Nov, 2018

I just got charged for $24.99 on Discover Card. I contacted Discover, they had me call a identity theft and fraud number. They have canceled my credit card. I never signed up for a subscription from Billion of Graves. This is fraud.