Bel Inc. / BEWARE- False Advertising, Fasle Better Business Posted Rating, Horrible Customer Service

1 6905 NW 25th St.Miami, United States Review updated:

I, too, have a complaint about discountmugs.com - i ordered blank (Not printed) sports water bottles. By mistake, i ordered aluminum, when i really wanted stainless steel. I wanted to exchange them, and was going to pay them more for the stainless steel bottles. They said they don't accept returns. The bottles are still in the case, no printing, and they would have made more money by letting me exchange them. Pretty stupid business sense if you ask me. I will certainly spread the word not to buy from discountmugs.com - remember, they don't accept returns!!!

Comments

• As
      21st of Jun, 2009

Order wrong, consistently avoiding giving the refund they ought to...I'm currently spamming their ticket system in an attempt to annoy them as much as they've annoyed me.

21st of Jun, 2009

Discount mugs has no interest in getting your order correct or fixing it when they are inevitably wrong.

22nd of Jun, 2009

I have filed a BBB complaint. In the meantime, I'm spreading the word on the web and trying to click on the complaint links in Google so that it brings up the complaints on the first search page.

• Co
      30th of Jun, 2009

I decided to have my wedding in my old town, which meant shipping a lot of votive holders at the same time. I was worried about cost, mostly, but then I was worried that they couldn't deliver on time because I placed my order so late. Not only did they come through with a discount on my bulk order, they guided me every step of the way to ensure a timely delivery. And, the votive holders are absolutely fantastic. The printing is flawless.

• Es
      30th of Jun, 2009

Discountmugs.com offers the best quality products on the market. I've done some research and Discountmugs.com has the best prices. Won't go with anyone else

31st of Aug, 2009

Discount mugs sucks!! I order 100 mouse pads from them and told them I wanted it in 2 colors. They placed the order and said it would take 3 weeks. Two weeks later they email me saying that my order had a problem because I didn't "pay" enough for 2 colors. When I called in, they looked it up and realized I did place an order with 2 colors and that I had received a 10% discount. Two weeks after that I finally got my order. The box the mouse pads were in was all ripped up, the mouse pads were smashed in the box and the pads themselves were all dirty. I called so pissed off, yet their only way to solve my problem was for me to EMAIL customer support. To spend $300 and have to email someone for help is sick joke!! Their prices are good, but their work sucks and their customer service sucks even more!! Avoid this company like the plague, hopefully they will change their ways or go out of business!!

• Pf
      8th of Sep, 2009

Bad deal. I placed my order on 8/17/09 and told the girl it MUST be delivered to our hotel in San Antonio TX by 9/9/09 at the latest as we have a trade show on 9/10 at 6 am.

UPS has this scheduled for delivery by 7PM on 9/10/09. We will be back on the plane to California by then. I emailed them telling them I want to cancel this order and credit the credit card made to purchase this order the entire amount as it is the companies mistake and we now have no use for the mugs.

We will be disputing this charge on the credit card and will never do business with your company again.

THIS IS THEIR RESPONSE-

I'm not quite sure who you would've spoken to as this order was placed online and not directly with a sales representative. Unfortunately, this order is a normal production order on which only ESTIMATED delivery dates are provided and are therefore not guaranteed.

If a guaranteed delivery date was needed, a rush order should've been placed so as to ensure an on-time delivery.

Unfortunately, because the order has already shipped, there's nothing that can be done to have it delivered sooner as the shipping method cannot be changed once the order has shipped.

Please do go over the terms & conditions to which you agreed to when you placed the order. You will find all the necessary information regarding delivery dates and normal and rush production timelines.

We apologize for any inconveniences.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Again, this is a normal production order on which delivery date is only an estimate and not guaranteed. Please feel free to read over the Terms & Conditions you agreed to abide by when you placed the order under a normal production timeline.

Sincerely,

Customer Service 09-08-2009 01:25pm

My answer-

I had to upload the image online. I called and spoke to a girl because I wanted to make sure it was done correctly.

At that time, she said I had plenty of time AND the confirmation I printed out said the shipping date would be 9-01-2009. IT IS NOT AN ESTIMATED SHIPPING DATE and the product was shippe 9/3/09. Had they shipped it on time, it owuld be there on time. I told her the situation and would NOT have placed the order had she said there was a chance it would be there later as I WILL NOT BE THERE. I WILL BE BACK IN CALIFORNIA.

I think this company sucks and will never use them again. I am telling every other marketing person I know to avoid using them.

• Fe
      16th of Sep, 2009

We are now experiencing the same problem you all are. Which I had found this site earlier. We just got ripped off for $500. Told us the item was shipping TODAY 9/16, and then they email to tell us the tote bag is not in stock and would be like something else. Since they offered to replace it they will not give us a refund. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE. THEY ARE FRAUDS AND CHEATS. THEY LIE.

• Na
      23rd of Sep, 2009

People should read the terms and conditions on Discountmugs.com before placing and order. The are very clear in all the prodecures and how they would handle claims. I guess if you read that then you should know how they will handle your order. I think they have great prices and a great website and I guess we as customer need to know more about any company before giving the credit card and expect miracles for pennies and on top of that a 10% discount...

• Am
      24th of Sep, 2009

How long have you worked for discountmugs.com, Nandita?

Discountmugs.com DID teach me one thing...I will ALWAYS google a company on the internet before using their services in the future. One simple google search would've told me what a horrific company discountmugs.com is.

Or I could've just gone the the Better Business Bureau website. It would tell me that the company's rating is a C-.

• Di
      30th of Sep, 2009

Discountmugs.com is AWFUL! I placed an order after signing a proof. Which I may add was 3 weeks delayed because of their own inventory management problems. Now the product is WRONG and the imprint COLOUR is wrong. What I want to know is how can these glaring errors even make it out the door? Do they have NO QUALITY ASSURANCE?

To top it all off they are asking me to prove their incompetence by taking a photo of the product they sent me! Talk about a new customer service philosophy! I cannot believe these people are still in business. I would take that rating down to an F! I have never heard of such deplorable service and customer service to fix nothing but their own mistakes.

14th of Nov, 2009

• Di
      3rd of Dec, 2009

Many of the mugs I ordered for a family reunion were of unusable quality. They replaced them, but one of the boxes was lost by UPS. UPS reimbursed Discount Mugs, and we can't get them to reimburse us, since we're the ones who paid for them! I would never deal with them again, and have learned my lesson--do the research before ordering from a company for the first time. Beware!

• Ro
      14th of Dec, 2009

We ordered mugs for our clients for the holidays. I should have known dealing with a company in Miami that there would be an issue. When we received the order the imprint was impossible to read. Our initial order was placed with the instruction, we must approve a proof prior to going to press. The item went to press with out proof and hence, we received a horrible product. Their customer service is so bad but then again, NO HABA ENGLISH!!! If you go to whois.sc and type in discount mugs you will see who owns the company...hummmmmm could money being diverted from the States?????

Well, we are now going to file a complaint with our credit card company as the order was processed without our authorization. DO NOT USE DISCOUNT MUGS...HORRIBLE SERVICE, HORRIBLE PRODUCTS AND HORRIBLE RELIABILITY.

• In
      29th of Dec, 2009

DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE GUYS! DEALING WITH THIS COMPANY IS LIKE POKING YOUR EYE WITH A PENCIL. DO NOT DEAL WITH DISCOUNT MUGS.

Forget dealing with this company. I have been trying to get stainless steel water bottles as a Christmas gift for our customers. We ordered on November 24 with delivery expected on the 8th of December. On December 11 they told us that they had 1500 of a similar style and wold send them right away. We got 1000 on December 23 and they said that they would send 500 of another style soon, . Today is December 28 and still no water bottles. I called customer service today and they refused to tell me who the owner is (According to LinkdIn it is Amin Rahman). I wanted to get right to the heart of the matter. Ronnie, on the telephone said that the only way to get hold of the customer service is on the web site. The bottles that did show up did not have the size logo we requested.

• Pr
      10th of Jan, 2010

BOY OH BOY..ALL THESE ANGRY CUSTOMERS..WHAT WILL I DO! All Customers who throw themselves at ordering products without asking how the process works or asking the basics on HOW TO.. Unfortunately the PREVIOUS COMMENTS are NULL, due to the fact of "UNPREPARED CUSTOMER-ITIS". Customer Must be smart, All they think about is saving money and getting their product first in line, out the door and lead on. Who wouldnt? But if you dont start right, youll NEVER get great results.
    Customers such as assparks7819 who write: "I'm currently spamming their ticket system in an attempt to annoy them as much as they've annoyed me." are troublesome people with short mindspan, who think everything is quick quick quick get out of my way i know how. Customers that say: "Word of mouth is the best way to warn people about this company." are only trying to flare a scene due to their incompetency to be prepared when they originally placed their order. Something went wrong, They didnt like it. Issues can be solved in any company for the customer. But customers are impatient and irreputably out of place..THEY SHOULD CREATE A BPB: Better People Bureau..so people could comment over how bad and irresponsible, lack there of ..etc..etc on their blogs.. Look for this Sam Samson customer..on his 10th order and never had a problem..not a blemish..he wrote: "Great Products, Great Prices, Great Turnaround time. I will order from them again. I'm on my 10th order with them and I never had any problems." Customers who have found themselves with inventory management problems, are not ready because they order products with low stock numbers..UNPREPARED! Customers that say: "When we received the order the imprint was impossible to read. Well your fault you didnt ask and find out about the imprint area for the product as it probably stated on the website before you bought it..UNPREPARED! Another case of "Unprepared customer-itis". Let this be an example that if your shopping at Discountmugs.com or any company..BE PREPARED. Get yourself time ahead for production, provide good high resolution art, place your orders as RUSH and order extra pieces in case of breakage. ITS SIMPLE..BE PREPARED.
    Its been a pleasure sorting these issues with you.
    Richard Landry
    Coordinator of Investigative Promotional Affairs

10th of Jan, 2010

LOL! Yeah, TONS of complaints about your company and a C- BBB rating, and *I'm* the one causing the problem.

Your response is exactly as professional as your company is.

10th of Jan, 2010

BTW, Richard, I now have a credit with your company. Can I use it to order a bunch of pens that say, "discountmugs.com sucks" ?

Or will my order somehow be screwed up and I'll be offered yet ANOTHER store credit?

• Am
      13th of Feb, 2010

I have been very happy with their service. I have ordered with them over 10 time & never had any problems.
    Have you ever heard of competitors posting bad comments.

These guys are for real.

James

14th of Feb, 2010

I just placed my 11th order and again, I had no problems. I dont know why everyone in here is so angry. Make sure you know what you are doing when creating your own promotional product. 1. Choose a product that you think everyone will like. 2nd. Print a design that is catchy. If you are spending $200.00 + then i advise you to design it your self. Ask for a virtual proof! before they proceed with production. 3. Make sure you give your self plenty of time!. As easy as 1, 2, 3, you guys should be able to do this right!. Discountmugs is a good company!