Beall's Outlet / long lines & waiting to checkout

1 615 Cross St., #1125Punta Gorda, FL, United States
Phone: 941-833-1019

I was in this store's location today (6-2-15) to return a clothing item & to purchase another item. When I got in the checkout line there were 5 customers in front of me. As I approached the checkout line, I did hear one cashier tell the existing cashier that she was going to lunch (wrong thing to do with all those customers waiting to be checked out). But, she did leave the front of the store. There was only one register open & the customer that was being waited on had several issues being handled as it was taking quite a long time. As we all stood there waiting, I at one point left my cart for the woman in front of me to watch, and I went & found a store clerk hanging clothes on racks. I told her about the situation & she said the cashier will handle it--she didn't care at all or stop what she was doing to lend a hand up front. The one cashier did call over the intercom, Code 1 3 times & nothing happened. Ultimately, me & the 1 woman in front of me, pushed our carts around the corner & left. I do not know what any of the other waiting customers did. But, what happened there today was uncalled for. There were available clerks who could have helped for even a short time & that did not happen. I am in that store probably 3-4 times per month. I have never experienced this in any of the other locations thus far.

Ma