Barbizon Modeling SchoolTotal waste..

When my mom called the lady, Miss Deborah, she was so enthusiastic that we called, so she "squeezed" me in on the nearest Saturday. It was in this little ghetto strip of buildings. Whenwe got there, we heard the loud voice of a women, Miss Deborah. We waited atleast an hour before Miss Deborah acknowledged we were there. Once we were allowed into the "interviewing room"[a little dark room with two chairs and a desk], Miss Deborah immediately got into the things she wanted to change about me. She told me i wore way to much make up, that i'd have to cut my hair because it was too long, and i'd have to dye my hair from bleach blonde to it's natural color because "model scouts don't like unnatural hair". I was kind of unsure how to reply to her, so I just kept looking at my mom and shaking my head yes. This lady was a complete whack job who looks like a chubby white version of Snooki from Jersey Shore. So after this lady was done babbling on, she asked us to sign a contract and give her a check for 200 dollars. We did. Luckily, my boyfriend and I did some research, because a lot of people were saying it's a scam. I was scared to, but I told my mom that I was no longer interested. She and my father were both happy because they'd thought it was a scam too. A day or two after my mom called Miss Deborah to tell her I no longer wanted to participate, she called us back and got really mean with my mom. She was questioning my mom as if she committed a murder. Then she told my mom she would have to pay 300 dollars for the make up kit. In a more worded way, my mother said "NO WAY!" to Miss Deborah, and we never heard from her again. :).

Dc

Comments

• Mi
      Aug 23, 2011

I went to a Barbizon years ago and it really helped me with my confidence, public speaking and overall just presenting myself better. I am in NYC this summer for an internship, I got the internship over hundreds of others from all over the USA, the things I learned at Barbizon helped me. Another girl that went to classes with me has modeled all over the world. I think a lot of people don't think they should have to pay to go to Barbizon but my parents paid for every activity me and my brothers did and they paid a whole lot more for my brothers sports then they did for me to go to Barbizon.
    I went to one and I liked it and the classes helped me.