Banfield Pet Hospital In Secaucus / termination of job!

1 400 Mill Creek Dr.Secaucus, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 201-348-1645

I was employed by banfield when the hospital first opened up in feb. Of 2007 as a part time worker from 3pm to 6pm or 7pm depending if I closed the hospital to do the end of day close out. I unfortunately had an accident that resulted in having to have spinal surgery done on feb 14 of this yr. I was put on personal leave by banfield since the end of nov. Stating that because the hospital has not been open for a yr. I could not collect disability which was fine I did not expect to ask for it as a part time empl. I understand that there personal leave is only 12 weeks but my doctor required me to stay out another 3 weeks. Then I was told by banfield human resources and the manager in secaucus that my position was no longer needed because they were cutting hours at the hospital. So I was terminated. I feel I was terminated unjustly and should have been contacted earlier by the manager or the field directer who by the way did not at any time during my leave on absence ever call me up and ask how I was feeling or that my job was in jeopardy and that I was being terminated. I even went down to the hospital and the manager there did not even give me an inkling that my job would no longer be there, in fact they said they could not wait till I came back.

Sincerly,
Diane bania.

Comments

• He
      7th of Oct, 2009

The last thing you want to do is work there Diane. You may not think it's the best thing at the moment but I will tell you this that hospital is screaming close me down!. Nurses are not trained the way they should be I will never take my pets there. The way they restrain those pets is deadly. They take out all their pain and frustrations on those poor animals. doctors only look for a way to take your money rather than help the pets out. All they want is a way to pay their bills. They should have that hospital closed. Those workers should never be allowed to touch or own a pet. The wait there is long because the doctors have to look up a diagnosis because they do not know what they are doing. They call it one thing and then three months later when it's not working they charge you more and call it something else. you do not want to be associated with those kinds of people. I don't know how they sleep at night oh wait they don't care as long as they have your money they sleep just fine. I think you should take it from me that hospital is a mess and it either needs to be closed or needs a complete make over. It has been open for almost 3 yrs and it has the worst staff ever today the secretaries are rude the nurses are incapable the doctors are uneducated and the manager is a waste!!!