Baja Real Estate / Disclosure of problems not required!
If you buy property that a seller is getting rid of because of structural problems, they do not have to be exposed. So if someone tells you they are only selling because they want to live closer to their grandchildren, you move in and find out that the foundation is eroding, because the ground is unstable, you have NO recourse. That is what happened in Real Del Mar in Baja. It is truly buyer beware. Have an expert inspect any property before putting money down. You will be spending good money after bad to either fix it or try to sue. But if the person has left the country, and the transaction happened in Mexico, you have to get them to go to Mexico in order for you to sue them, and they have to have assets in the area of Mexico that you can trace. You really need to think about the differences before thinking about taking the risk. If you want to live there, rent.
More Baja Real Estate Complaints & Reviews
- Baja Real Estate - Very poor service! 
- Baja Real Estate - WARNING about buying in Baja! 
- Baja Real Estate - What sales agents and developers don't tell you! 
- Baja Real Estate - Risky
- Baja Real Estate - No laws which regulate the sale or management of real estate in Mexico! 
- Baja Real Estate - No requirements for agents in Mexico 
- Baja Real Estate - Poor service!