BAD Dog Breeders / Bad Breeders, Hip Dysplasia, Bacteria, Dogs dying, cancer

1 5917 Bunch RoadOakridge, NC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 336-643-7130

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS PUPPY MILL BREEDER!!! These Breeders here at their home sell golden retrievers with bacterial infections and send you home with medications for your new puppy. No puppy should be sent home with Metronidozol and Albon, that means your puppy is very sick when going home with you. They also cross the lines and do inline breedings, and promote funky looking shaped goldens. Their dogs have cancer in the lines from WestBen & mainly the Gold Rush dogs, Matt Dillon died at age 5 with heart complications (please research this yourself). I am a show judge from NY, and Craig Westergaard wins his dogs championship titles of his golden by doing sexual favors for the judges, yes that is right... he is in fact gay, and his lover runs the puppy mill business with him at their home. It is a very sad thing to say, that when he sells the puppies, he has so many dogs that he has no idea who the parents are of each pup. He picks your puppy out for you and he keeps all the pick of the litter pups for his own breeding stock...They all should be DNA'd, and be required by AKC. It is the main cause of the deaths in their lines.

Research this breeder, and ask around...as you will find yourself that these are true facts!! Good Luck if you buy a puppy or a dog from him.

Tr

Comments

• Tr
      17th of Feb, 2009

Yes I ran into the same situation not long ago with the same breeders.

13th of Mar, 2009

I thought your name was Toby?? Or Loxy?? Sorry but you have some real issues!!!
    I hope you get sued for defamation of character.

14th of Mar, 2009

Tricia,
    hmm...you forgot to change your user name when you "ran into the same situation not long ago with the same breeders"
    Some people amaze me! What a fraud!

• Ex
      5th of Nov, 2009

let us all get together and create a reputable web site and exploit all bad breeders if interested my email sp.mdy@att.net

• Ke
      20th of Dec, 2009

About the medicines you say are being sent to new owners with the puppies ~ it's given to prevent coccidiosis (an illness caused by coccidia, tiny, COMMON parasites that are easily passed from carrier to carrier). The stress of going to a new home can set off coccidiosis, and since pups don't have an immunity to it at this young age, it is best to treat them BEFORE they leave. Treatment generally ranges from seven to ten days, depending on the medication and the vet's recommendation. SO JUST BECAUSE A PUP IS BEING GIVEN METRO AND ALBON, IT DOESN'T MEAN THE PUP IS SICK YOU [censored]!!! The breeder is practicing prevention and plain old common sense!
    About line-breeding, inbreeding, and genetic illnesses, you make it sound like every single one of their dogs has cancer, and ONE dog who dies at the age of five due to heart complications does not mean the line is faulty, or unhealthy, or in any way inferior to any other line.
    About the sexual ### ~ who gives a ###?
    You've proven only that you are petty and completely ignorant of what you're talking about!

• Pm
      28th of Dec, 2009

I bought a beautiful, healthy puppy from Westben Goldens. It is sad that you had a bad experience, but my coworker and I have nothing but great things to say about Bryan and Craig. They are very professional and willing to help if you have any questions.

29th of Dec, 2009

Do not buy bullgogs or valley bulldogs from this woman! Regina Mcburney 480-650-8822 www.theroyalbulldog.com McBURNEY, REGINA M –AC-05-09-10 – Complaint 26801 /IR # 8078 . Issued She is a dog thief and should not be anywhere near your dogs! Bad breeder. Gina Mcburney Queen Creek, AZ

7th of Jan, 2010

roses unique breeds has 130 pups per year, dogs not health tested before breeding takes place and history of hip problems buyer beware of cindy roses unique breeds. thanks beware racine wis, sells multi breeds beware save your money look else where!!!

• Fr
      7th of Jan, 2010

this breader is a small local breader and have less then 10 dogs. They are very honest and helpfull they have gone out of there way to help me with many questions I have had. Anyone who has acctually talked to this family would now they are great people and care as much for their animals as most do thier children. This complaint is not only 100% not factual but jsut sounds like someone complaing to complain. Things happen with animals just as things happen with people, and you can blam that on anyone. I ahve done some reading about this breader and they are recognized by vets along with the city of racine as a very reputable breader.

• 07
      15th of Jan, 2010

Do not buy puppies from www.savannahriverkennels.com. They advertise the dogs as pure bred but they are in fact a puppy mill. They never gave me my papers for the dog and for months I emailed and called and they always promised they would send the papers but never did. I had to get the BBB involved and also take them to small claims court. The owners are Ben and Kelli Deen. They are rude and when asked for the papers they used profanity..I waited patiently but they have angered me. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE BREEDERS!!!

• Cf
      8th of May, 2010

Sounds like you are just trying to put these breeders out of business I don't see any proof that their puppies are sick.

• Ba
      11th of Aug, 2010

I bought a puppy from a breeder and my dog ended up having hip displaysia on both sides. Both patellas were also bad. I called the breeeder, he did offer to give me another dog but I refused, I told him I did not want to go through that again. He refused to give me money back. Do not buyfrom this breeder. Leroy Yoder in Utica Minnesota

He made the remark that other people always took another dog, and he had the gall to say I must not of loved my puppy since I did not want another dog.

It was very hard to put her down, she was in so much pain.

10th of Feb, 2011

It is up to the potential buyer of ANY pup to do as much research as possible on the breeder before buying ANY pup. If you buy a pup from someone...you are 1/2 responsible. NO ONE made you buy it.
    Ask for past buyers names and numbers of pups going back several years... If a breeder will not give you this info, move on. Simple as that. There are many breeder who breed wonderful pups and are willing to give you all the info you are looking for. Ya just have to do your homework!

26th of Feb, 2011

Let me start by saying that I'm not complaining about my breeder. I recently purchased a Labrador Retriever (Black) through a brokerage type website called North Carolina Labrador Breeders. We searched for a while to find the perfect puppy and finally we found him. We had been planning this for a while as we already have two other labs. The price for the dog was close to $1600. We followed through with the process, and were told that the puppy was coming from a breeder in New Hampshire and that a $300 shipping fee would apply. We recieved the dog in perfect health, and he is pretty much incredible. However, things started to not add up. When we got the puppy's papers in the mail, it said that the breeder was not in New Hampshire, as we were told by this company, but in Kernersville, NC. Less that 2 hours from where we live! WE contacted the breeder because the puppy did have fleas when he arrived. It was then we learned that the price she sold the puppy for was only $600. We were outraged to say the least. We contacted North Carolina Labrador Breeders and presented them with this evidence and demanded our $1300 back. They proceeded to try to explain that we paid for all this different stuff including a lifetime guarantee, this and that. So we did some research. In order to not void this 'warranty' you have to give your dog vitamins sold through their company, take the dog to a vet approved by them, just a long list of unreasonable requirements. And the guarantee only covered a replacement dog, and there was no way to get money back. Anyone with a heart who has ever owned a dog kows that you can't just 'replace' a beloved friend and family member. We contacted them again and told them that we had evidence of interstate fraud in the way that they charged us $300 to 'ship the dog from New Hampshire' when in fact, we could have driven to pick him up. When the actual words 'interstate fraud' came up, they immediatly refunded our $300. However, they adamantly refused to refund the $1000, which when you boil it down basically amounts to a finders fee. I have called and went on the website trying to find a feedback section, and surprise! There isn't one. I would warn anyone and everyone away from this site, and if anyone knows anywhere I could post this, please let me know. I'm attaching my email at the bottom of this post. What this company is doing is so immoral I can't believe that it's not illegal. They put a pemanent stain on what should have been one of the greatest experiences of my life. Let me reitterate, I'm not complaining against the breeder, who upon recieving this news promptly withdrew her name from the site, and I'm not saying anything about my puppy, who I have loved with everything I have since I first held him. This is a complaint against the website www.northcarolinalabradorbreeders.com. They are doing nothing but ripping people off. Tell your friends!

9th of May, 2011

If you really stop and think about it... animal breeders aren't in it for the welfare of the animal, if they were, they wouldn't sell the animal for PROFIT at all... money is what animal breeding is all about, it isn't about the animal... I don't see this any different than trafficking life for the sake of money...
    there is plenty of GREED with animal breeders, and that's why you read all these horror stories... if a person really cares about an animal they wouldn't just give it away for the sake of money, would anyone worth their salt do this with their children?... so why is it different for animals?
    Taking away baby animals from their mothers for money is about as low as you can get... next time you think about adopting an animal, why not think about going to your local animal shelter, and save a life...
    instead of lining the pockets of animal breeders...

it's sad that so many animals in shelters are put to sleep simply because there is insufficient space for them, and yet animal breeders flourish in bringing in more animals, many of them with known health problems due to unhealthy and excess breeding...
    animal breeders don't really care about you or the animals, but they do care about getting ahold of someone else's money... each of these stories here only demonstrates that... let the truth speak for itself..

• Sh
      12th of May, 2011

Do NOT buy a Presa Canario (Canary Dog) from a breeder in Grand blanc Michigan. I got one through someone who had bought him without realizing how strong he was. She bought him from the breeder and then sold him to me. The breeder said that he was vet checked de-wormed and had all of his shots. He wouldn't send us the vet records or even speak to us once he got his money. Took him to the vet to have his shots redone so I could get his liscense and found out that he had EVERY intestinal parasite you can imagine and HEARTWORM. The dog not only cost $2, 000 (which I paid $900 to buy him off the orginal buyer) but the treatment consists of the vet injecting him with arsinic (yes poison) to kill the parasites and is extreamly painful and costs well over $1, 200. (and we haven't even done the next treatment, yet we have to wait a whole month and may even have to repeat the arsinic treatment) I am on day two of the treatment and the puppy was screaming in pain all night long. I have never heard anything like it in my life and I am a dog groomer who sees a lot of strange conditions. The other parasites have cost me well over $200 to treat and we are finally rid of those. Not to mention the fact that a trainer and behavioralist evulated him and stated that it was her professional opinion that he had been physically abused. This was an absolute nightmare. I don't have the name of the breeder but stay away from Grand Blanc Presa Canario breeders.

• Lo
      2nd of Jun, 2011

We also purchased a Golden from Westben. He is beautiful and a wonderful dog, but he does have hip displasia. The breeders have been very nice and gave us a lot of hints on ways to make his life easier just as the Vet has done the same. We are hoping that it will not affect him until much later in life. It was found out accidently when they had to xray his bowel looking for an abstruction because we though he ate something he shouldn't have. We had an older Golden who suffered his last year of life with his displasia and it is a hard thing to watch.

• Ar
      28th of Jun, 2011

What frustrates me the most when it comes to breeders is when they knowingly inbreed their dogs. Example (mother to son/brother to sister/ uncle to niece) I literally can’t wrap my head around the way these people think… their incompetence is overwhelming. It’s because of these ignorant dunderheads that so many lovely lovely breeds of dogs develop more and more health problems within their breed. There’s a reason why people don’t inbreed. It makes you more susceptible to diseases because of your limited gene pool and increases your infertility rates. Not only that, but deformities become a common occurrence. If a breeder really and truly loved their dog, they would import/export dogs to insure stable bloodlines. And for the one’s that unfortunately can’t afford to do that, they could at least search for a sire from a different state.

• Dr
      16th of Jul, 2011

Matt Dillon sired my pup in 2002- when he was 7- get your facts right, please

• Tr
      19th of Jul, 2011

Beware of Les and Melissa Burke! They breed Labs, Goldens, Great Danes, Cattle Dogs, Cockers, and starting to breed Russel Terriers and Yorkshire Terriers.
    I had posted a complaint about these people on this site about 10 days after they moved out of a hours that they had rented for ONLY 4 months! The photos posted of the living conditions are TRUE and ACCURATE however when they found out about this, they decided to post a slanderous and very inaccurate complaint about us. The number of dogs they claimed we had was WAY off and MOST of the photos they posted stating they are of our home and dogs are NOT ours... I don't know where they got them but if anyone happens to see that post and recognizes any of the false photos, please contact the person or persons who own the publishing rights to these. These are very sick people to lie like this.
    If you are even THINKING of buying from these people, PLEASE make think again! They will tell you how much they " love their doggies " and SOUND like they know what they are doing but nine times out of ten, they will INSIST in meeting you rather than let you come to their home. We do raise a few puppies to support our rescue efforts as we are NOT wealthy people but we KEEP our kids until we find GOOD homes for them. Les and Melissa however will drop their prices drastically if puppies don't sell fast enough for them.
    As for the person stating that everyone should GIVE all of their puppies away, FIRST, if someone has NO investment in something, it becomes disposable AND it is NOT free to raise these kids, the cost of food, shots, advertising and Vet visits keep going up... Keep that in mind but DO consider rescuing ... But THAT isn' t free either AND not only do you have to PAY for a rescue animal, most of these places also take on THOUSANDS of dollars in donations.