Awok.comit is a scam - beware!

It was my first shopping experience at awok.com and it was terrible.
I ordered 5 items online using credit card on delivery. All the items were okay except one (Nicer Dicer). It was broken. The delivery was on Thursday evening, and by that time their customer care working hours were over. They also do not work on Friday, so I had to complain on Saturday 14th May.

They processed my request and sent a courier guy to pick up the faulty item. After 7 days I got a parcel as a replacement. When I opened the parcel it was the same broken item.

When I called customer care to question about this nonsense, they said as per the company policy, customer need to complain on very same day of delivery. Which was not possible for me as I explained above.

After that I have still not got any response from them even after reminders.

They also sell refurbished items which customers might think as new.

So BEWARE about such scam and do not fall into trap by paying your hard earned money - even if it is not material.

Order # [protected] dated 10th May 2016.

Thanks & Regards,
Nandkumar Nikam
[protected]

Na
May 29, 2016

Comments

• Lp
      Jan 23, 2017

awok.com is a scam, it sends you refurbished items, the flash deals is a big lie, none of the items appear in it for sale and if often you click to buy with in time, it will say all items sold. You can ask for non-electronic items from awok but be careful, they are of very bad quality. And if...

Jan 30, 2017

The worst ever online shopping site. Flash deals are nothing by BS and utter scam. Terrible quality across and definitely not worth it. Stay away from this amateur and cheating site

• Ho
      Mar 07, 2017

I agree with the opinions here - they are scam, unprofessional and misleading advertising, completely a waste of time going to their site.

• Sr
      Apr 23, 2017

I did try the flash sale
    and they ask for emirates id phone number and email after that step they said failed
    so don't try this web site

• Mj
      Apr 24, 2017

AWok is not professional.
    I ordered some items from awok and on delivery date they call to tell it is out of stock . they will give it if i pay extra money...which is utter cheating...

@MJC81 call the police of dubai mate

• Ha
      May 15, 2017

this is so true, i ordered a laptop from flash sale and according to them they wanted some documents to be uploaded (credit card pictures and id card). they contacted me to upload the documents and i uploaded the documents immediately after the call. three days later i get a call regarding the same issue of uploading documents so i told them that i uploaded the documents already and if they want to check they can do that. The customer representative said 'oh okay sir i will release the order right now' a week later i get an email NOT A TEXT saying my order is cancelled. when i call awok asking about this issue they say your payment is rejected and when i ask them why they say the documents are not uploaded.

• Hr
      May 25, 2017

Where do we report issues? Is there a consumer forum or grievance redressal? Did anyone report these to Police?

Jun 26, 2017

@Hrishi Bawa just call the police mate

• Re
      May 21, 2019

@Hrishi Bawa https://www.dmcc.ae/application/files/9714/8370/7962/WhistleblowingConcernReportingForm_1.pdf

Report here

Jun 26, 2017

guys i believe all of you,
    i am just about to order something and it includes fidget spinners are those stuff bad quality?
    and when you sell an item of yours does it become bad quality or do they tell you to bring to them bad quality stuff
    because when i sold my own thing it was high very high in quality so they told me to bring something that is bad quality.
    i am about to order me things.

• Ra
      Jul 21, 2017

Terrible company stay away from AWOK it is a scam and all products are cheap China copies of bad quality.. iPhones are all copies and overheat, total wate of money i am reporting to police

• Qm
      Jul 24, 2017

they are doing almost fraud by delivering wrong items i ordered them android tablet they send me ios base tablet means wrong item when complaint they insist they are right customer is always wrong its time to take some action against this company or asked them to deliver items after checking in front of customer

• Mc
      Jul 27, 2017

I buy mobile July 27, 2017 when I open the box so I can put the battery it's not pitted to the battery of this mobile? How it will pass to your quality control? Kindly give me urgent response
    My no. [protected]

• Na
      Aug 03, 2017

Just visit Sharjah website if u ordered from sharjah lodge the complain with complete details in description and upload the documents of invoices as attachments then wait and relax coz this is UNITED ARAB EMIRATES one of the safest and fast responsive governig authorities in whole world. Somebody will study ur case and contact you if ur complaint is legal and true by nature. Action will be taken just try to get the mobile number of manager of awok to whom the complaint council can contact i had my issues cleared. Hope it will be beneficial for you

And same type of authority is placed for other emirates zone so google and search for it. Hope it will be helpful 4 u ✌

• Sh
      Aug 14, 2017

i HAVE SIMILAR EXPERIENCE WITH AWOK.
    Ordered one perfume of play boy brand.received it as damaged.
    i filed a complaint that day itself.
    Their delivery boy come and collect the item.
    After that no response.whenever i call them they responds as under process.
    today when i check the status of the complaint it is showing as closed. what the hel??!!!
    From where i can make a coplaint against them. pls advise.

Aug 14, 2017

it is the same think happen to me, I will never buy or recommend it to any one .

• Nj
      Aug 16, 2017

Pathetic website, scam will never trust this online shopping website, got a refurbished laptop, laptop is not of any use have to trash it.

• Ri
      Sep 10, 2017

Its a horrible website as they cheat customers.. I bought an HTC mobile online and they did not send the mobile till date.

• Ga
      Oct 18, 2017

Worst place to purchase online. I purchased 2 tablets, they failed to deliver then refunded less 170USD.

It was a complete con.

Jul 24, 2018

i HAVE SIMILAR EXPERIENCE WITH AWOK.
    Ordered one perfume of play boy brand.received it as damaged.
    i filed a complaint that day itself.
    Their delivery boy come and collect the item.
    After that no response.whenever i call them they responds as under process.
    From where i can make a coplaint against them. pls advise

• Re
      May 21, 2019

@Mashkoor iqbal https://www.dmcc.ae/application/files/9714/8370/7962/WhistleblowingConcernReportingForm_1.pdf
    Complain here with details.

Jan 15, 2019

Awok is a cheater company, there return policy is very bad if you places order outside the UAE. I placed SR: 250 mobile order its defected and i raise complaint to return they write we have to sent at their location by courier by our expense then they will consider returned after inspection. Shipping cost from KSA to Dubai SR 100 or more it means we have to pay another SR: 100 for returned.
    This is their mistake and pay us.

I suggest to all never purchased from AWOK special from KSA. They sell defective items.

thanks
    Mashkoor

• Jh
      Oct 14, 2019

i had experience too, they delivered so many defective items and I complained they say they will replace it, then the delivery came and they charging me again. "double payment and on same crap items?!"