Awesome Auger / Shut down this advertising

Worthless instrument, extremely poor customer service. This product was ordered by my senior citizen mother who truly thinks she has been scammed! The product was not what it claimed at all, the "cordless" drill gift with purchase had a power cord and the s/h was more than the product itself! The advertisement showed the user standing upright during the use of this product, but a person would have to be less than 4 feet tall to stand erect and use this auger. This type of false advertising should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Billy Mays should be shamed to endorse such a company.

Va

Comments

• Da
      22nd of May, 2008

Haven't received this yet, but am convinced that due to the ordering process of leading one through one step after another then hitting us with the outlandish "shipping" it has to be worthless. What can be done about this, including the seeming obligation to pay the monthly charges for something after commiting in the "$10 cash back" process.

Is there a lawsuit in process?

If not, I plan to contact the Illinois Attorney General.

• Su
      8th of Jul, 2008

I received the auger - but I didn't order the auger. Beware of the website!!! Went to the website to check out the auger for my mom but could not back out - you must enter shipping and CC info to get the information you need about the auger and shipping cost. I finally had to close window but neglected to delete the cc info and address - what a mistake. Not I have this piece of crap and had to pay $28.+ shipping. I cannot contact anyone to get a return address or info. Very bad company!!! I Contacted the BBB but have not received a satisfactory response - just a form letter they must sent to everyone. Is anyone reporting them to any government agency??? Please contact me so I can add my name to yours - or tell me what to do next.

Thanks

• Bu
      9th of Jul, 2008

Ordered the auger, they took money from credit card and have not sent auger.

• Th
      10th of Aug, 2008

For all who have ordered this item by credit card and are dissatisfied, and unable to get help through the customer service department of the company. Very often credit card companies will help to settle third party disputes. You need to contact them and tell them of the problem, then send a letter with your bill stating why you are disputing that charge, and THEY will fight with the company to get your money back. It is designed to help consumers who have been scammed by companies like this one. Each credit card company has a different way of handeling it, but if you have done everything you were supposed to do, and the company has done something sleazy or are not honoring a redund for a damaged product or a return, then you should have their full support. Look into it and good luck guys, I genuienly hope I have helped you here, I dislike when people get scammed by companies like this!!

• Ro
      13th of Aug, 2008

I was scammed on the awesome auger, i only got the two drill bit's and nothing else. I'm a senior citizen and this in not right.

5th of Oct, 2008

I am so happy that I checked on the auger before buying. I have been taken advantage of by a few tv. offers only to later look on the computer and check on that product and I wasn't the only one. Now I am weary of all products and their claims. I am very grateful to the people who took the time to warn us about these products and how much they really cost.

1st of Nov, 2008

Your advertisement is misleading. $19.95 plus shipping /handling - $56.85 and you sent it by the cheapest shipper United States Postal Service. I haven't been able to use it because it took so long to get here and the planting season was over. There were other things that I could have used it for. I was goning to return it - but it took so long to get here. And the thirty days had expired. I will be contacting the better business bureau also. The majority of the people which are looking to use this particular tool most likely are senior citizens look for something that it will make it easier for them to do their gardening, etc.

I wonder if you have a conscious? do you have parents which are in this age and would you like some one to take advantage of them - what about you? All I can say let your conscious be your guide.

God Bless you, because he is the only one who can help you and your company.

• De
      3rd of Dec, 2008

All I got in my order were 2 Awesome Augers I didnt even order 2 I only ordered 1 and I ordered the 1 cordless power drill and the 1 weed auger with power extender. So I contacted the company and told them I wanted a return postage paid lable to send the one back because it was their mistake and I also wanted the bonus items sent that I didnt get. Well they said no and they said that After reviewing your email and your account, I have determined you have TWO orders in the system. The description of items and charges is as follows:
    TOTAL MERCHANDISE COST = ($34.90) + ($17.90) P&H = $52.80 TOTAL
    and the 2nd Order
    Number: S27829850000, This order has been canceled in our system.
    (1) Awesome Auger Set (3 & 4” Augers) - $19.95 PLUS $8.95 (P&H)
    (1) Cordless Power Drill – FREE (Pay only $39.95 P&H)
    (1) Weed Extender/18” Power Extender with Lock Pin Set – FREE (Pay only $7.95 P&H)
    TOTAL MERCHANDISE COST = ($19.95) + ($56.85) P&H = $76.80 TOTAL. So they have a bogus order that I didnt order and never got a confirmation email on and then they have my order that I did get a comfirmation email on and they canceled it so what the world it that???? So I contacted the BBB and talks went back and forth several times but the BBB said they wont comply so the only thing I can do is hire the BBB for $75.00 an hour to get it straightened out. Like I dont think so that is really stupid they are suppose to help you arent they???? Well so now I am stuck with 2 augers and no bonus parts which is why I bought the auger in the first place I bought it for the weed auger and power extender.

• Wa
      29th of Dec, 2008

I was charged twice the cost of idem.

• Ba
      29th of Dec, 2008

Check this out: www.infomercialratings.com/product/awesome_auger_reviews

• Br
      2nd of May, 2009

THIS IS A TOTAL SCAM! THE DRILL CANNOT EVEN BE RETURNED SO IT ACTUALLY COSTS MORE TO SHIP IT BACK. I WAS OVER CHARGED AND CAN'T EVEN DETERMINE HOW THEY CAME UP WITH THIS DOLLAR AMT. OH WELL I JUST SCAMMED!!! I WILL BY NOTHING FROM TV EVER AGAIN. 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE IS BULL!

• Wo
      25th of Jun, 2009

poor customer service worthless drill

• La
      18th of Jul, 2009

I should have checked you before I ordered my augers. It is a scam. I am stop-paying my credit card. Hope they will cooperate.
    I wonder why they are still able to advertise on TV.

22nd of Jul, 2009

this is the company selling the awesome auger. Let them know, and report them to your BBB and attorney general.
    Scott Sobo
    email at jknapp@sasgroup.com
    www.shopsas.com

• Mi
      8th of Aug, 2009

I went out on the website to order the awsome auger. Once I started going through the screens I realized that you did not get all the stuff they said you would get for 19.99. I cancelled out of the browser before submitting the order but to my surprise it submitted the order anyway.

When you call their customers service they make up some excuse that they cannot get into their computers or their systems are being updated. They ask you to keep calling back. They also said that they do not give any refunds if you return the package back, Refused return to Sender. I did that because I did not orde it.

The did credit my account back 19.99 but that meant I payed over 57.00 for shipping. I don't know how those folks sleep at night, ripping people off like that.

I'm going to report them to the BBB. We also have a TV station that does stories on Buyer Beware.

I'm going to make as much noise as I can to expose them for the SCAM it is.

• Ka
      16th of May, 2010

Do not buy this product. The commercial is misleading and you will wind up paying a fortune and will not receive the items shown on t.v. We all need to all fill out the complaint form to the Comsumer Protection Agency or Federal Trade Comm. before they will investigate them. I did and have received an e-mail back from them. It was very nice but it seemed like they would not take action unless they received enough complaints. I sent my complaint to the WI FDC. I wish I knew if we could file a class action law suit against them. If anyone knows how please let me know at pmkm0523@yahoo.com.