Atlantic Circulation, Inc. / Ongoing SCAM

Atlantic Circulation, Inc
2550 Kingston Road Suite 113
Phone: 717 755-3480
These kids just hit the Kingston, Washington area July 25, 2009. They appear well-programmed and brain-washed by some heavy handlers. The stories are the same as those mentioned earlier on this site. A competition between boys and girls, public speaking contest, earning points by selling magazine subscriptions, boy wants to own his own company within five years. One boy named Scotty Akins was earning points for a trip to Italy. He said he was from San Francisco, CA. and now lives in Bremerton, WA. He said he was home schooled and graduated at 16. He said he was military brat. He said his father told him not to use "F-word" when soliciting. He leaves a sticker with a star on your door to warn other solicitors this house was "hit". He said he is 18, but appears to have the demeanor of a 14-16 year old. I have warned my close neighbors, local newspapers and sheriff's office. I have requested a refund from Atlantic Circulation, Inc. I stopped payment on my check and will report back on this site, if and when I get a refund. Thanks to all the contributors to this complaint board for putting the "flashlight" on this issue. As Americans, we should protect our children from such companies like ACI. If ACI is a legitimate company, I hold them responsible for their heavy-handed tactics in recruiting these vulnerable American kids to sell magazines for which they have no intention of honoring their contract with the customer.

A  18th of Aug, 2009 by
Just realized that it had been some time since my order was placed and that my daughter hadn't started receiving the magazine I had ordered for her. Same story as the others. Fast talking college student earning points to win a discounted trip. My daughter is a college student also. Could have used this money ourselves. Who is cashing these checks? Where are they getting their supplies? They have paper work and forms in triplicate. There may must be someway to track them and make someone accountable. They were in the Troy/Albany NY area on June 29, 2009
A  22nd of Aug, 2009 by
On May 31 2009, I as scammed by this company as well inside of a military instalation which it clearly stated - no soliciting!! The girl who came said her Dad was deployed and she wanted to make him proud of her by earning a nursing degree and the magazines where going to help her through college. I related to her and felt bad as a military member myself with two children. I have since reported the company to the Department of Defense and the better business boro. I also contacted each magazine to let them know what was going on so they could proceed accordingly. Any other information anyone could provide would be great. THank you
N  11th of Nov, 2009 by
I too just realized that I had not received my subscription. I ordered back in July of 2009. Still no magazines! I have called and can't get through either. I am going to get "Jessee"! Channel 4 news in Seattle Wa. I am from Shelton Wa. Be warned!!!
A  3rd of Mar, 2011 by
Now in Virginia Beach Virginia as of 3/2/2011 same old story, girls vs Boys, earning point for a trip to Europe, smooth talkers.If you see them...RUN...or better yet handcuff them and call police.Luckily, something didn`t feel right so i found all the horror stories by google search and was able to stop payment on my check before they could get their scam hands on my money, but hope to see them again before they move on to next area, i gotta gift for them...lol...a a** Whipping
A  12th of Sep, 2011 by
This company should not be allowed to sell to anyone! These kids come to my door and use this sly scaming tatics and lies and it is honestly sad to say I was put in a postion where they talked to me saying that I seem like a nice person and they like nice people, then they give me this paphlet and tell me which magazine I like to read and all this nonsense. After chatting with them, the boys asked to come into my house, because he said he had a bad knee, I kept him outside still because I did not know him and I was alone with my son at my house. He then told me it would only cost a little bit of money. That right there sent red flags flyin! I told him I was not interested and he kept on nagging me that I was nice person and it would support him into going to spain for some trip. I proceeded to tell him I really cant afford it and he just kept at it. I then felt extremely uncomfortable and just to get him to leave I agreed to pay him. Then when he was writing up the oder I saw that there was a 15.00 extra for S&H I told him, " Hey you didn't say this was included, thats just out of the question." He told me he would go half with me and meet me in the middle so I dont have to pay the whole amount. I just wanted him to leave so I agreeed. Right after he left I went online and saw mutiple complaints about this company and immiately cancelled my order through fax. This was over 2 months ago and I still have not gotten my refund. I called the company 4 times and they told me they sent it out. Come to find out they sent the refund to a completly different person at a different address. they say they are resending the refund and that I will recieve it by this Friday, but I am werry to see if I will actually recieve it. I will never allow door-to-door sales people to come and sell to me again because of this. Hope this helps and good luck to you all!