Asian Wedding and Party ServicesWedding Event Review

Asian wedding & party services are the most horrendous, disgusting & in humane organisation I have ever come across. We received warnings from several people but still went ahead thinking he sounds like he would do a good job. We signed a contract for a very simple wedding to be executed however we received nothing in return. We were told 2 days before we had to pay for place cards despite no charge being mentioned when it was agreed a month ago. Mr Armaan Mohammed, the "wedding planner" did not turn up to the event he was supposed to run nor did he tell us. We had to call him to find out where he was. He told us he was in Liverpool but did not say why. Apparently a substitute was sent although no one introduced themselves. Half of the stage was missing, the food was cold, some guests were told there was no food even though we received 4 large containers to take home, understaffed, staff had coloured pink/blue hair, face piercings etc. p.a system was 'forgotten' so no music for half of the wedding. Asian wedding & party service employee skipped track halfway through brides entrance song then stopped music altogether. WORST part-they agreed remaining balance could be paid after wedding however, while the guests were waiting for food, they told us they would not serve the food until remaining balance was paid in cash - !!! Who the F does that?! We had no choice, had to pay cash. I would not hire this disgusting excuse of a company should someone pay me millions. To my dismay I found out after that he has done the above to many clients at wedding functions he has been hired to organise. This review will be deleted by the company but I will keep putting it on. Mr Armaan Mohammed is not a wedding planner, he is a con artist. He has metal shutters on his premises due to the amount of people who want his head on a platter. Cannot wait to see the company crash and burn. Just a matter of time. Saffron or Milaan events would absolutely be the wiser choice.

An
Sep 12, 2013

Comments

• Sh
      Jan 03, 2014

Hi there,
    I sympathise with your experience as we had similar issues with Asian Wedding Party Services. All seemed to be going smoothly until the day of the wedding. Our cake which was to feed 400, ended up being a small three tier balanced on bowls (this apparently was his amazing cake stand!) We were unable to serve this as it did not even feed 100. It was embarrassing and we had no alternative but to take the cake home. We also prepaid for 2 videographers, we asked for professionals and stupidly paid for this prior to the event. On the day, we discovered that his videographers were actually waiters. They had to stop filming to serve food. The reason for 2 videographers, was so that footage could be taken at the bride's house and the groom's in the morning. When we received the final video, there was no footage of the grooms side. When we queried this, Mohammed simply stated that the videographer wasn't really recording the footage on the day! He just sent another waiter to please us!! He also demanded the full remaining payment before food was served. We were completely shocked and taken back as we arranged for payment to be made after the wedding. There were a number if other issues as table arrangements not being delivered as requested and a shortage of food. When we asked for a partial refund, this was denied as his contract states that no money would be refunded under any circumstances. We should have met the small print. We learned the hard way that Mohammed is a charmer and a complete untrustworthy salesman through and through. I would most definitely not recommend him. We too were warned but got taken in by his 'charisma' and 'passion to succeed' - wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. It's ashame, I have yet to come across a good wedding planner.

Nov 04, 2017

@Shaq R Definitely DO NOT go anywhere near Mr Armaan Mohammed, the so called "wedding planner" . Avoid him and his company if you can!

Mar 02, 2018

@Lorenzo Graziati They exploit their staff. Most people that work for them are being paid peanuts so they never stay. They have a very high turnover of staff. #avoidliketheplague and choose saffron.

• De
      Jun 27, 2014

Absolutely agree, they are a highly unprofessional disrespectful team. We were shocked when he failed to turn up at our wedding only to find out the night before he had gone out on a 'bender' and was unable to get to Glasgow in time. He promised us the whole world, the PA system was terrible, it was jumpy and skipped our wedding song. He also held our wedding hostage and demanded the rest of the payment for the food - I mean who carries 5k on them in cash to a wedding?! We had to give alot of our wedding money, given as gifts to pay for this at such short notice - it was awful. I felt so ashamed. The food was pretty bad, very cold and some parts of the chicken curry hadn't thawed out, I was under the impression that everything would be fresh.But it was not. Do not fall for this cretin, even tho he didnt turn up to our wedding he lay his card business card out on EVERY SINGLE SEAT - not table - SEAT of our wedding. INCREDIBLY TACKY like a used car salesman. Ironically now all of our family know not to use his services.

Nov 04, 2017

@Devinder Muhmood Mr Armaan Mohammed, the so called "wedding planner" . Avoid him and his company if you can!

• Lv
      Jan 06, 2015

Terrible service! A massive disappointment! We are getting married in Glasgow this year and live down south. Had specifically arranged to meet with ARMAAN at a specific date and time and he never showed. We arrived at the office at the appointment time. No one answered so I called him-he had forgotten and denied ever having an appointment and blamed it on his secretary. I had confirmed this appointment with him 1st then his secretary when making the appointment and when I told him this he then said he was just back from holiday this year. He said he could meet us later in the evening. This was not convenient for us. Really bad customer service and no remorse. We had come from 400+ miles away and he forgot-He could at least sadi Ill be there right now! and made the effort. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!!! WASTE OF TIME!!!

Nov 04, 2017

@LVDR Definitely DO NOT go anywhere near Mr Armaan Mohammed, the so called "wedding planner" . Avoid him and his company if you can! He is very well known for not giving a [censor] about making proper arrangements when meeting people at his shop at Address: 334 Pollokshaws Rd, Glasgow G41 1QS
    Phone: [protected] - Avoid if you can!

• Am
      Sep 04, 2015

For the person who made the first comment, i was on that shift that day, half of the stuff you said is untrue, the disc jumped was the disc given by YOU FOR IT TO BE PLAYED, so the problem was yours. As for the food, hell no... dont even go there.

The problem with the staff was that you barked at the staff as they were beneath you, and i remember very clearly you clicked your fingers at me, and out of professional courtasy you were luck that i didnt give you a mouthful of abuse...how dare you... treat people like that. Take a good look at yourself first before you treat others.

Nov 04, 2017

@Amirud Din The service is so poor it is almost laughable. You must be the first and only person who has worked for him that actually considers customers opinions to be so beneath you or this horrible excuse of a human being, Armaan Mohammed.

Mar 02, 2018

@Amirud Din Amirud Din? Isn't it a coincidence that this name is linked to Armaan's family? LOL. Clearly the work of Armaan and Sam! Fake review. #tryingtosavethebusiness

• Jt
      Apr 03, 2016

Not only is he a s*** wedding planner but he is a horrible excuse of a human being. This man/object does not care about anything but money. Thankfully I never got my marriage done by him but I did have a friend and Mr Mohammed treated me, his staff and others like ###. I strongly suggests everyone not to work with him because he is such a terrible human being and he thinks he is so much better than everyone else even though he looks like a pregnant whale. And his wife and kids are no different apparently, they also are so much up their own a***hole its unbelievable. I cant understand why anyone would want to work for him, he is an absolute a***hole and I hope his company burns.

Nov 04, 2017

@JT222222 Armaan Mohammed does not provide safe transport for his staff or wage slips as he does not pay national insurance contributions at all.

• El
      Jul 31, 2016

My daughter has worked a few weddings for this company and all they are doing is exploiting their staff, cause these kids rely on lifts they are out at a horrendous time and not home till very late and paid peanuts for their services and encounter the abuse of Sam who thinks she has the right to swear and shout and the staff in order to get a job done professionals they are not. For future brides DO NOT USE this service believe ALL these comments as they are true and no doubt more could be said but I'm not wasting my energy in them and as for u Sam u better not hope I run into u trust me am capable of abusing u the way u abuse others u r a disgrace

Jul 31, 2016

Hello I also think this company is disgraceful as me and my friend worked for them and they are robbing ### who don't give breaks and don't pay the standard wage and the staff who treat you like trash. I advise anyone who would even think of working for this "company" to seriously think again

Nov 04, 2017

@Jamie Paterson I totally agree with you Jamie, Armaan Mohammed is a con artist only interested in exploitation and raking in a s much money as he possibly can from each wedding party. I witnessed on some occasions at various hotels that when staff were still dismantling mandaps and various other props into the van he had already vanished with money back to his £500, 000 home in Mearnskirk. The guy is such an unpleasant and despicable person.

Mar 02, 2018

@Lorenzo Graziati Agreed. Someone has to pay for his rangerover right!

Mar 02, 2018

@Jamie Paterson Agreed. No care for staff or customers.

Jul 31, 2016

The way they treat us is shocking, piss take with money, lifts, breaks, attitude. She makes you work for hours without a break, shouts swears and moans when you sturggle to do something . My friend started today (may o add she said I would get extra money for getting someone to come and help) was struggling and she never even showed him anything o showed him. He felt so upset. And the way she talks to us, made me feel so low and if lost all my confidence. I will never work with them again not reccomend them to anyone. They think their a cut about you I worked 12 hours 2 weeks ago and only for 48 quid worked 3 hours today and only for 11 quid. They only care about money and don't pay anyone the right amount. They have always been short staffed and now I know why. Asking me to get loads off people to work (which o don't mind but you need to) treat people with a bit more respect. I actually wish I said something to you before I left. I have never been so angry on all my life. Hope your business goes into the ground and if I see you again Sam I WILL tell you how you made me feel.

Nov 04, 2017

@Andib95 The photography services offered by Armaan Mohammed are so unprofessional and not of the best quality at all. I recall 2 brothers from a family came to the shop one evening to ask why their wedding photographs had people's heads cut off and why they were such poor quality. Mohammed responded sheepishly being his usual self tried to play off the fact that they were not satisfied and that handing over a CD of photographs and allowing them to choose much better photos to get re-printed was like giving them his business. A wedding is supposed to be a memorable occasion but that family would want to forget Mohammed as soon as they could.

Mar 02, 2018

@Lorenzo Graziati Agreed. They did my cousins wedding and didn't take the shots of her as requested by the family. They also failed to book the venue when they told us they had. So, we had to find an alternative then they had the cheek to tell us off when we complained. Really, their work is not worth it. I know of others whose 'jhoolas' have malfunctioned on stage and ended with the bride on the floor. Such a shame. They also refuse to give the deposit back for a wedding when a family had to re-arrange a wedding due to a bereavement. Very sad. It is also true about the shutters. He has them because he has messed up so many weddings. He does not have an MBA from anywhere. He has done no degree and has no professional qualifications. Saying that, he has tried to stick in at the business for the sake of his family. But, it seems it is more of an outlet and a way for him to escape from his wife and children. Girls do not feel comfortable around him. Husbands do not want to leave their wives with him. He does not let you feel safe around him. He does treat his staff terribly. He tries to do a good job but simply does not have the eye for detail and tries to do too much at once. He would be better off trying to do each wedding properly rather than trying to make so much money because his reputation is suffering here evidently and he clearly has the resources to make a good wedding happen. He just lacks the drive and professionalism unfortunately. Armaan is a big show off and likes to flash about showing off his money. He is a nobody and most people do not like him. I know a lot of people will never use him but they have now expanded down South even though they do not have a base there. Someone should warn them and let them know the reputation he has up in Scotland!

• So
      Nov 02, 2016

Booked this guy for an enagagement party, biggest waste of time and money...these guys are a joke! Most unprofessional, unreliable service ever. Typical flash mouth sales man promised you the world and doesn't have a pot to piss in himself. Do not book this service, you would be better off throwing your money down a drain.
    Please do not also pay them any money upfront as everything is then "non refundable"...:shameful

Nov 04, 2017

@Soormasingh Mohammed is not to be trusted! Forget it and go somewhere else to get your parties planned or face the consequences of poor unprofessional service guaranteed.

Mar 02, 2018

@Lorenzo Graziati Agreed! Go to Saffron.

Nov 04, 2017

Many years ago I had the misfortune to work for this pathetic and unprofessional con artist, Mr Armaan Mohammed, the so called "wedding planner" . I decided to quit working for him as he owed me money and I was unlikely to get paid by him. I would recommend that no Muslim or Hindu organise any wedding parties with this corrupt company as you are going to be very disappointed when things don't go to plan. After one wedding in Glasgow Hilton he then tried to withhold money from an Indian music artist, even called the Police asking them to come to his shop but then changed his mind later and decided to pay them. Other times I witnessed him not paying some younger staff and asking them to leave the shop. The transport that he provides to his staff is dangerous, often staff return back home at various unsocial hours placing their own safety at risk. He does not provide wage slips as he is not paying national insurance to his staff. This guy is only interested in chasing money and will stop at no ends to disappoint and enrage people. Avoid him and his company if you can!

Nov 04, 2017

@Lorenzo Graziati http://asianweddingservicesuk.com/aboutus.asp As the Indian Music Artist said: Armaan Mohammed, you are a dirty wee man!

• Im
      May 24, 2018

Why have u all not wrote a complaint on the Google where people actually see it.?

• Im
      May 24, 2018

The company only has 4 reviews on Google, if we had seen these reviews we would never have touched them.

• Ra
      May 30, 2019

Mr Armaan Mohammed deleted his Asian Wedding Party Services from google map due to the low rating.
    He wont pay his staff.
    Mr Armaan Mohammed's professional photographers are his part time employees working in his warehouse.
    This guy is a disgrace for his home city- Calcutta!

• Sh
      Jul 23, 2019

Mohammad promised the world to us for my nephew's wedding and it was an absolute disaster. As soon as he took the deposit it was hard work to get him to stick to the agreed service. He is a liar as he blatantly lied that table dressing does not include centre pieces and he would charge us more. He also took all of the hotels crockery and cutlery but charged us separately for this. On the day he didn't even bother turning up after lying to us several times that he was 10minutes away. As we got closer to the time for the event he switched his phone off. Thankfully we turned up a little early for photographs and all crockery and cutlery was lying on floor, no tables set. We had to roll up our sleeves and set everything as he was allegedly still 10mins away. There was no stage just a two seat sofa. His staff turned up and after realising Mohammad was not coming they decided to walk out as they had not been paid for several events. We had to plead to them to stay and also ask hotel for more staff as the ones that had arrived were not enough. the final straw was when we were being held hostage to pay up or no food would be served.
    They spoilt our day and I hope this message will deter others to go through what we went through.

• Ru
      Aug 03, 2019

Really bad service at my cousins wedding a few weeks ago. Mohammed was just out smoking most of the time whilst everything was chaotic. He was such a joke. No music until we hammered down the DJ ourselves. My dad then had a big fight with Mohammed as he was asked to pay the remaining about before FOOD WAS SERVED. What a joke. We had to scramble for money during the wedding. After the wedding he cracked on to my younger sister and invited her back to his hotel and a ride home. WHAT A SLEAZE. Apparently he has kids and a wife. He acts like he is single!! DESPICABLE MAN.