AppraiserLoft.com / Horrible company, unprofessional service!

This company is totally unprofessional and there service is horrible. We put tons of appraisals thru them at first to find out that it was going to do nothing but add problems for us. The owner of the company cussed at me and hangs up when you need something done. His name is Aman and if you talk to him he will tell you he is not the owner because he has a lot of complaints and he cant handle them all. Hapreet is another girl that works there and claims she is the manager but she will yell at you and tell you that you are wrong. They are rude to the clients as well. They say send me a value check and then they go ahead and send someone out to do the appraisal with out confirming with us or the borrower and then send an invoice with the value way lower than what they told you... Appraiserloft.com is the worst appraisal company to work with... They are in it for the money and they will scam you.

Ry

More AppraiserLoft.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ro
      29th of Aug, 2008

I cannot speak for the business practices. But why are you looking for free appraisals (comp searches). If you want quality/accuracy, you need to pay for it.

• Ap
      3rd of Dec, 2008

I cannot speak for the company from your end but I do appraisals for them frequently. YOU ARE THE PROBLEM SIR!!! Order the damn appraisal and quit trying to see if the value is there beforehand. THAT IS ILLEGAL idiot. Learn how to run an ethical mortgage business and then get back to us.

• Ss
      24th of Jun, 2009

I have tried to do appraisals for them, they pressure me to change reports unethically. To make changes that make thier lives easier. I have felt some of the orders border on fraudulent. Brought it to thier attention and then was addendumed to death for stuff that was ALREADY in the report or was against USPAP or FHA.

They are TERRIBLE. They didn't pay as they said they would, call when they said they would.

It was awful!

• Ju
      3rd of Jul, 2009

When you go to their log-in page of their website you will notice that it is not a secure website. If you enter your ID and password they can and probably will be seen by anyone monitoring that page. After you upload your documents then the person(s) who harvested your ID and Password can log on and steal any document they wish. Including but not limited to your E&O, License, W-9 and Signature. Using these items they can then steal your identity. I suggest that you contact your State Appraisal Agency and advise them that their log-in page is not secure and is a direct violation of the Graham, Leach and Bliley Privacy act.

• Re
      11th of Nov, 2010

This company will not own up to their mistakes. They send out appraisers from 30 miles away in a dense city while there are hundreds of qualified appraisers in the area that are more familiar with the subject neighborhood. If you have a choice use another appraisal management company. These guys don't care and use appraisers that don't care. This is what makes HVCC the worst ever! No body cares anymore! Surley not this company. Stay far far away!

• Ti
      12th of Nov, 2010

I have conducted 17 residential appraisals for Appraiserloft over the past year. I only have two complaints: 1. I have been asked on about 50% of the appraisal to add supporting comments about adjustments made. But the kicker is that the comments they requested were already in the appraisal report 100% of the time. 2. They have problems paying their appraisal invoices. On 100% of the appraisals that I have performed for them I have had to call their accounting department to ask them politely to pay me.

• Va
      7th of Jan, 2011

We are on the east coast and all has been well thus far. It's been about 6 months since we started working with them, and aside from the basic hold ups with you experience with every AMC, I find them pleasant, responsive and always willing to help. I am an LO for the record and I have to say, although the values are not always there, this in no way reflects upon AppraiserLoft, or any AMC for that matter, it's simply the market. Wake up people, there is a serious deflation of home values. If you are honest with yourself and your borrower, appraisals from people you don't know will not always be low.

• Ne
      28th of Jan, 2011

I have been doing appraisals for them for about six months now. My biggest complaint is that their reviewers do not seem very competent. Half the time I don't think they even read the appraisal because they are asking for things that have already been addressed in the report. It is also becoming more and more difficult to get paid by these people. This is hard to understand since they are paid up front for the appraisal.

• Ro
      4th of Feb, 2011

Folks, a good number of the states have enacted appraisal management company regulations into state law. Whenever one of these so called appraiser oriented AMCs like appraisal loft violates a provision of your state's laws/regulations submit an official complaint. If we run the bad AMCs out of business for shaddy practices by using the state laws/regulations against them we'll all be better off and have legimitate/honest AMCs to work for. Imagine appraiserloft recognizing "fair & equitable" payment, that will never happen !

Remembr, historically appraiser's have been their own worst enemies by not uniting to tack action. Let's get it together, take back our industry and send the crooked AMCs packing.

• Bo
      17th of Mar, 2011

MY SMALL BUSINESS STARTED USING THEM IN SUMMER 2010- IT WAS ALWAYS DIFFICULT RECEIVING ORDERS AS THEY WOULD TEXT THEM TO YOU AND YOU HAD SECONDS TO GRAB IT OR LOSE IT!! THEN, I HAD TO ALMOST ALWAYS REQUEST A FEE INCREASE. THEY WERE GREAT IN TH BEGINNING- BUT AFTER THE NEW YEAR- THEY TURNED HORRIBLE AND STOP SENDING US WORK JUST BECAUSE WE WERE SIMPLY TYING TO GET PAID AND THEY WOULD DELAY OUR CHECKS. IF YOU STAY ON THEM- YOU WILL EVENTUALLY GET PAID! THEY HAVE AN "F" RATING WITH THE BBB IN CALIFORNIA.

APPRAISER IN DALLAS, TX

• Re
      26th of Mar, 2011

I have done many appraisals for them. They provide me with a good volume of work, but take 75 to 90 days to pay me for work done and it takes many emails and calls to finally get paid. They want the appraisal work done good and fast, but do not pay us good and fast.

• Ab
      30th of Mar, 2011

I HAVE BEEN DOING APPRAISALS FOR APPRAISERLOFT.COM FOR TWO YEARS. THEY WILL ABSOLUTLEY NOT PAY ON TIME. YOU HAVE TO CALL REPEATEDLY AND FOLLOWUP CONSTANTLY OR THEY WILL JUST NOT PAY. THEY SAY THEY WILL PAYANYTHING OVER THIRY DAYS BUT THEY DON'T . THEY WILL ONLY PAY YOU WHEN YOU HAVE REACHED THE POINT OF ANGER. IF SOMEONE DID NOT NEED THE BUSINESS THEY ARE NOT WORTH DEALING WITH. I HAVE HEARD EVERY EXCUSE FROM EXPANSION TO VACATION TO NEW HIRE BUT THEY JUST DON'T PAY THEIR BILLS.

• Co
      13th of Apr, 2011

Sure they are a GREAT company that Appraisal Loft, I love getting paid net 180. who doesn't? These [censor] birds suck [censor], and no I am not polite about it anymore. I have 12 unpaid invoices currently going back to November 2010. Next step is to contact all their lenders and start collection process. Vengence is mine however; once I recieve my money I will start accepting orders again and let them sit on my desk and not return their emails or phone calls. APPRAISERS GIVE YOUR ATTENTION TO ME! WE MUST FIGHT BACK!!! DEMAND YOUR MONEY AND DONT ASK NICELY. HVCC IS DEAD AND SO SHOULD BE ALL THAT INVENTED IT. MAY ANDREW COUMO ROT FROM AIDS!!!

12th of May, 2011

I have done appraisals for Appraisal Loft, they pay next to nothing for very complicated assignments, when they are paid by the client a much higher amount. After doing appraisals for almost nothing, no payment has been received for reports completed by in 10/2010. I have called repeatly for payment. This is a very unprofessional company and cannot believe they are still in business. I cannot believe that are allowed to do business. With all the new restriction placed on appraiser's, there needs to be restrictions on management companies as they are where we have to get most of our business. We are all aware that they are paid up front for all assignments. I believe they are keeping funds to earn interest and not paying any appraiser until they are treaten.
    I remember a mortgage company that had withheld paying brokers their commissions, earning interest on the monies they held, and were sued for the pratice. Appraisers are the ones that do most of the work and receive 1/4 of the fee, with no disclosure to the clients. I do not understand, why this is not a violation of RESPA and USPAP. Something has to change.

• Na
      19th of May, 2011

I just paid this company last week $425 dollars for an apraisal after I was quoted $375 by my lender. Now they want an additional $100 for an FHA upgrade appraisal. What gives? is some one gonna drive another 40 miles one way to do this FHA appraisal for less money? BTW the appraiser that did the first complete appraisal would have only charged me $300. according to his web site. Think appraisal loft forgot to smear some vasoline on me first. After the loan part is done, one way or another, I will be raising hell with this company demanding a partial refund

• Fe
      24th of May, 2011

I also work for appraiserloft. I can live with the non-professional team who deals with appraisers on the phone. What I am really frustrated with is that they take forever to pay. This is out of control and non-professional, because they of course get paid before we begin working on an assignment. And of course, we need to comply with the qc guidelines, including sending the reports on time... no matter what. What do we get in response? No checks.

• Br
      24th of May, 2011

We have to call 5-6 times to get paid, as of late they have past due bills extending past 4 months. They promised to pay twice and never sent a check. Last year they paid the wrong appraiser repeatedly in spite of claiming they updated their records. Accounting not answering calls again.

• Go
      26th of May, 2011

I have same problems with them, when I accept an assignment from appraiserloft, I have to finish it and upload it before 48 hours and have to answer more than 5 calls and messages and e-mails with regarding the report which they like to check the status, however when it comes to pay for it, , no one is there and there is no respond to your e-mails or messages wont get return, I agree with this gentleman, which they keep the money to make more on top of it.

• Go
      26th of May, 2011

what really can we do with all these problems, they have take over our business and now we became like their workers and they treat us like slaves

• Pv
      10th of Jun, 2011

I had to hold a 1004D hostage for payment on over $1, 000 worth of work I did. Granted, they havent sent me any more work since then but I dont want to be in business with a company that takes the appraisal fee up front from their clients, then takes more than 90 days to pay their vendors.