Appliance Smart / Poor customer service

United States Review updated:
Phone: (952) 930-9000 or (800) 452-8680

We have purchased appliances from Appliance Mart for the past 5 years for me construction business without any problems. UNTIL last year when we had delivery of 3 appliances. The delivery men indented our New Cherry Oak floors with TWO Large long deep scrapes about 3 feet long across the floor. That condo was being sold and we had to resource the floor the day before the signing of papers.

It cost us extra time, money and headache to get to done within a specific timeframe. The deliverymen wrote a report to notify the office on Sawmill where we purchased all the items. The delivery department agreed to reimburse us for the extra expenses we had occurred. We are still waiting after dozens of calls to multiple people and still not response.

Comments

• Ba
      Dec 07, 2011

We have purchased multiple appliances in the past with no problems. We purchased a stove on 12/5/11 and just had it installed today-stove doesn't work. We were told when we bought the stove they were new, had full warrenties, and were just scratch and dent. When I called Appliance Smart, they said there was nothing they could do and I had to call the manufacture. Come to find out, my new stove was actually sold to Home Depot and had previously been installed in July 2010 and already had a write up on it. I was told the warrently was a year from the original purchase date and, therefore, was no longer in effect. Called Appliance Smart back and (surprise surprise) there was no one around who could help me. Never go there to save a buck or you could end up with a $700 paperweight!

• Ba
      Dec 08, 2011

Well Appliance Smart came through for me and I retrack the above comment. Got a call from the service manager today. They gave me another $175 off the stove and are having someone come out today and fix it. They said the appliances are marked as "ABCD" and Appliance Smart are only supposed to be sent the A appliances. My stove should have been marked as a D (it appears they had to replace a computer panel) and it should have never been sent out from the manufacture. I believe them since I finally did talked to a manager at Maytag and was told they never should have told me the stove was previously sold and returned as defective and I should ignore that information. Maytag said it would take a week to get someone to my house to look at the stove and if it needed parts, it could take up to a month. So I guess my bad customer service is for Maytag. Appliance Smart stepped up and is sending someone out today so I applaud them. Guess I'd rather work with Appliance Smart then Maytag. So much for their "lonely" repair man-seems like the repair people are really really busy...