Apex Battery / motorcycle battery

1 Carol Stream, IL, United States Review updated:

After getting recommendation for a motorcycle battery from a Vmax site, I ordered a Panasonic gel battery through apex link. When the battery arrived, it turned out to be a cheap chinese made substitute. I immediately sent an email to complain of this, and apex totally ignored me. I sent several emails over several weeks, all ignored by apex. I made a complaint through Paypal which didn't help.
I made a complaint to the Chicago BBB, which they again totally ignored. I currently have a complaint with the Illinois Attorney General office, but haven't heard from them yet. This has all taken place over a period of nine months, and have gotten nowhere with apex. This is the worst experience I've ever had dealing with an online business. This company feels no obligation to deal with any sort of customer service.

Comments

• Bm
      11th of May, 2009

I agree. I had a problem with a motorcycle battery going bad. After several calls I talked to a person who claimed they were sending a replacement. When it didn't arrive they started lying, claiming it was on back order, yet their website claimed they had several different replacements in stock. Ignoring customers and hanging up seems to be their method of dealing with problems. Buyer beware! Lucky for America there are several other games in town.

• Bu
      1st of Jun, 2009

Hmm. Panasonic batteries are made in China. What constitutes a "cheap chinese made substitute"? It sounds like they are not communicating with either of you which is very bad customer service, but I don't see any support for the claims that they lied or committed fraud.

• Rv
      28th of Dec, 2013

Ordered 4 batteries (12v 12AH) for electric bike and got them fast but after 5 months of use one of them shorted inside and blew up during charging cycle. I called apex and they sent me 4 replacements (supposedly better @ 12v 15AH batteries) fast shipping but replacements only lasted 9 months for a 14 month total usage (5 + 9) on their 1 year warranty program. Semi-literate Sales Manager Mercedes Posado told me that the warranty did not apply to the second set of batteries and I was left with dead batteries! Fast shipping but Junk Chinese Crap Batteries need to be shipped fast so that it appears that they lasted longer!

• De
      22nd of Oct, 2014

I finally got a response from Apex only after they read this complaint online. According to their reps. record I was sent the cheaper battery and only charged the price of the cheaper battery. In fact I was charged the higher amount for the Panasonic battery and sent the cheaper substitute. The biggest problem with Apex is their customer service. I sent multiple emails complaining of getting the wrong battery and they never responded to one of them. They only responded after reading of this problem on this public forum and the message they sent me was rude and condescending.