AP9 24ProtectPlus / Unauthorized charges on my account!

Ok, this company AP9*24PROTECTPLUS keeps Charging me on my account and I don't even know what this is!!! STOP F***** CHARGING ME DAMMIT!!!

A  14th of Feb, 2007 by
I also was charged $14.95 on my AT&T card from 24ProtectPlus. I have not ordered or received anything from this company. By chance or not; this amount is the same as my monthly charge from AOL.
A  15th of Feb, 2007 by
I just checked my bank account this morning and I also saw a charge from this web site. I never ordered this and doubt that it even works.
A  2nd of May, 2007 by
I used the People Finder website for a 1 time person search of $9.97. This Ap9*24protectplus 888-658-6859 Ct company, if it is
even a company charged my card $14.95. I never signed up for this service. I'm pretty sure this is illegal. I notified my card company and stopped all payments to this company and notified the BBB and Consumer Fraud agency and you should do the same.

A  3rd of Jul, 2007 by
This company is known by credit and debit card companies. Dispute the charge to your bank or credit card as unauthorized. If you dispute, it will help in the long run. If visa can see that this company is charging cards unauthorized, they could lose their rights to their visa membership.
A  30th of Aug, 2007 by
USA People Search is another scam site for the rip-off 24protectplus scam.
A  7th of Sep, 2007 by
I was charged $14.95 on two separate occasions (on my debit card). I called Bank of America to dispute the charge, and to my surprise, they said that by law, they could not file a claim on them. Apparently, this AP9 24ProtectPlus is affiliated with Bank of America in some way--they can market to Bank of America customers and send direct mailings to them. They told me that I would have to call the company directly to dispute the claim. By then... I knew it was hopeless. I changed my card number.

I then called this AP9*24PROTECTPLUS company. You know this company is shady when the first thing they ask is your credit card number to locate your membership record (since I obviously have no idea what my membership number was since I have not received anything from them). I was then transferred to a customer service person who asked for my name and city/state. They couldn't find my membership record with that information and proceeded to ask for my email address and telephone number (is this phishing for information or what??? I'm sure they could have matched my record through my credit card number). After they located my membership record, they told me that I paid for a one time person search on Intelius.com. I had selected a $10 rebate off my next purchase (which I don't remember doing) which included a free trial of AP9*24PROTECTPLUS. The "trial" was only 7 days long, after which I was charged $14.95 monthly for roadside protection and discounts on random nothings. I canceled that "service."

I am disappointed in Bank of America. The only thing I could do on their side is file a complaint to their Customer Relations department by writing to:

Bank of America Customer Relations
P.O. Box 513609
Los Angeles, Ca 90051
A  15th of Sep, 2007 by
was able to call the number on the statment.

I first cancelled the service and talk to a supervisor and was able to get all the charges reimbursed. They had charged 14.95 for four months on my visa. I told them i did not authorized and they reimbursed the money fairly quickly and easily.

The reciept for peoplefinder does not have any information related to any membership or signup.
N  9th of Oct, 2007 by
These people charged my credit card and i have no clue who these people are!
A  16th of Oct, 2007 by
I've been scammed by the same s**t. My husband went on intellius.com for a one time 6.95 fee, and now they deducted 14.95 from our bank account.
A  17th of Oct, 2007 by
Their telephone number is 1800-211-9749. I spent more than 1 hour to talk to my credit card company and them to dispute the charges. I don't know how did they get my credit card information. The credit card I used was new. Before they charged me, I only used it twice. Once is in a department store; the other is intellius.com. It's very likely intellius.com sold my information to them. When I called 24protectplus, I found that they even know my home address!

I will report this incidence to FBI and consumer complaint department. If you have any suggests, please let me know.
A  17th of Oct, 2007 by
Just received an email from 24protectplus, which states that the membership is canceled. I am surprised that they know my email address. Definitely, it's not the department store who gave them my information!
N  19th of Oct, 2007 by
I called 7.800.211.9749 and they let you cancel without talking to anyone. Just enter your credit card number, and select cancel in the options. Quite easy. It seems that if you use http://www.intelius.com there are hidden agreements that, after a certain amount of time after paying for a search, you are then enrolled into their service. Shady, but in fact, you do agree when you pay for the search.
D  20th of Oct, 2007 by
I just realized what they are doing to my account. 4 months of charging $14.95 from my check card. Im pissed. I called there 24 hour number and cancelled, but I will be calling to speak with a person to try to refund my money, then cancel my card and get a new one. The thing is I never went to intelius.com,i believe they got my info. From vistaprints.com when i ordered graduation cards. Not sure if anyone else got ripped off from vistaprints.com too?
N  23rd of Oct, 2007 by
After you called the number and selected the cancel option, you still need to follow up. I did the same in September. However, they still charged me in October. I have to call my credit card company to dispute the charge. My credit card company talked to them and transfer my call to them.
A  24th of Oct, 2007 by
Three months unauthorized charges at $14.95, One time use of Intellus for $9.95 started the whole thing. Called and complained and was told my card would be credited, received e-mail will see what happens. This is definitely a scam and Intellus seems to be in the middle of it.
N  13th of Nov, 2007 by
I used people finders for a one time search & then started being charged $14.95 a month for this random company I've never heard of!! I was charged in October by the 24protectplus and then again in November from home protectors - both of which have the same 800-658-6859 number. It's so inconvenient to have to go thru your bank, cancel your cards, dispute charges, etc. for something you NEVER signed up for or gave authorization to. people finders & whoever is selling our card information should be shut down.
D  27th of Nov, 2007 by
Your company is not auth. to take payments out of my account! I have no knowledge of your company.
A  11th of Dec, 2007 by
I just called them and I told them I wanted to cancel whatever this was and they were giving me so much attitude that a 2 minute phone call took 45!
A  20th of Dec, 2007 by
Yes i used intellus for a 8 dollar report, only to find they have been billing me 15. for 2 months, i only signed up for the 1 report nothing more, can we get a class action law suit here please!
A  21st of Dec, 2007 by
What a sneaky scam. Robbing people left and right with 14.95 charges every month is pretty sly. I do remember using Intellius on a one time fee basis and do NOT remember any clause stating I would be signing in blood for some sideline company slithering charges from my card number. I agree with the previous comment about the class action law suit!!!!!!!!!!!!