Amerigas--bottled propaneThey won't refund my money

La Feb 18, 2015

I overpaid my budget account by $236. Additionally, when I cancelled service, Amerigas picked up their propane tanks and said they would refund me for the amount of propane that was left in the tanks. Both tanks were 3/4 full (~75 gals in each) for a total of 150 gallons of recovered propane. I have been trying to get my refund since September of 2014. Amerigas employees (Eric, Brionne, Christine) said they were investigating my request. After approximately 8 calls from me to them and 3 calls to the Amerigas headquarters for assistance, the Amerigas employee, Christine, told me on January 13, 2015, that she was issuing me a check for $936.00. That amount covered the $236 overpayment and $700 for the recovered propane. She said the check would get to me in about 10 days. Nothing yet. I have left numerous messages and no returned calls. Please help. I have witnesses who can verify how much propane was in the tanks according to the gauges when they were recovered and also saw Amerigas pick them up.