American Telecom / Never received Pay N' Talk rebate

My husband and I purchased a cordless phone package from American Telecom. We were supposed to receive a $25 Pay N' Talk rebate. I sent the rebate information in nearly a year ago. I've e-mailed the company and get the same generic response everytime. I am told I will receive my rebate very shortly and never do. I've also called American Telecom more than once. I'm told I will receive my rebate soon and never do. I've asked to speak to the manager and the employees I talk to refuse to let me talk to him or her. There appears to be a lot of people out there who are having the same problems. Please let me know if anyone got a class action lawsuit going.

Br

Comments

• Tn
      8th of Oct, 2007
    American Telecom - Rebates not paid!

My rebate status show that the submission is processing since June 2007. It has been four months. I called the American Telecom rebate center every week and nothing changes. I searched the web and found out many people have the same problem. The rebate center employee finally admitted that the reason why they cannot pay the consumers' rebate because American TeleCom does not pay the rebate center.

• Mi
      13th of Oct, 2007

Sent my rebate applications in on March 26, 2007, I tracked them down (a wasted day of my time) and called them, after several red tape referrals I got 1-866-818-8964 to tell me the rebates were approved on July 1, 2007. I have called several times since then, basically they do not have the money to send, and it it is now Oct 13, 2007, still waiting for American Telecom give up the cash and send the checks. I think its time these guys were sued and time the FEDs went after them for fraud, and time Office Depot stepped in and covered these rebates since they collected all the cash from us on this scam, and Office Depot should have known better by now since American Telecom has been carrying out this scam since last year, like over 18 months ago from posts I have seen of prior rebate scams by them.

• Do
      8th of Nov, 2007

I am having the same issue. Mailed the rebate form on June 2007. Still no checks. Can we take any action on this company?

Any suggestion?

• He
      21st of Nov, 2007

American Telecom is tentatively play games with all the poor buyers, since in this way, they can "sell" their products. I did not receive my $20.00 rebate after buying the phone. Hope somebody can start a class suit action against ATS, the damned company.

27th of Dec, 2007
    American Telecom - Cheating ads!
    Libertyville
    Illinois

Cheat customer, fake ads, never get rebate for the products they advertised. This company should get punished for their bad business behavior.

• Mi
      10th of Jan, 2008
    American Telecom - Rebate not received!
    Amereican Telecom
    Cottage Grove
    Oregon

This company never paid rebate. I think the Government needs to ban all rebates. If the companies would lower their price instead of offering rebates, we would maybe buy things more often. I think all rebates are just a way to steel.

• Ki
      18th of Jan, 2008

2466 Peck Road
    City of Industry, CA 90601

CEO Bruce Hahn
    President: Donald G Norris
    1-562-692-2369
    1-562-908-1287

Maybe if we ALL contact..... ?

• Da
      11th of Apr, 2008

There are so many complaints on the internet about American Telecom not paying their rebates to the customers, including us. How does this company get away with it? If they're still in business, how are they doing it?

• Ta
      24th of May, 2008
    American Telecom - Rebate never received
    P.O. Box 100546
    White Bear Lake
    Minnesota
    Phone: 1-866-818-8964
    www.atsphone.com

I bought an American Telecom PayN'Talk phone with $25 rebate from Fry's Electronics. We sent the rebate to the company as it told us on the 21st of January 2008, and we have not received anything for 4 months. We have sent them two e-mails asking about the rebate, and they still have not sent back the money.

10th of Aug, 2008

Hello,

I bought a phone also with a ten dollar rebate and have the same problem. Quote what she said, " I am told I will receive my rebate very shortly and never do. I've also called American Telecom more than once. I'm told I will receive my rebate soon and never do. I've asked to speak to the manager and the employees I talk to refuse to let me talk to him or her. There appears to be a lot of people out there who are having the same problems. Please let me know if anyone got a class action lawsuit going."

Except I had to go through two rebate centers and now both are not doing the rebates and I have to go through American Telecom and have the same problem.

Mine has been since 3/16/08. I am ready to file with the Attorney General. They do need a lawsuit against them.

• Vi
      18th of Sep, 2008

Hello,

I brought American Telecom PayN'Talk Analog Master from Walgreens, its almost a year and i haven't receive my $15 rebate. The Rebate website is showing it as being processed.

I see lot of other complains too in your website Is there anyway to resolve this.

• Go
      15th of Oct, 2008

I mailed my rebate for $10.00 since April, 2008 never received the rebate and the 866 number is not working. What a shame! They really do need a lawsuit.

3rd of Feb, 2009

I mailed my $20 rebate (Pay N' Talk UA20224B) one year ago but never got it. I called them and they said I would receive it soon but I didn't.

Now they don't even answer the rebate 888 number, what a shame! Pay N' Talk's rebate is a pure lie.

15th of Feb, 2009

I never received my rebate either !!! Bought from FRY's Electronics; should have probably taken it up with the store, but I'm sure it's too late now. I followed instructions on activating the long distance account, and sent all paperwork on time. NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY AGAIN!!

• Am
      5th of Mar, 2009

Hi, I'm Mary the new head of C/S here at American Telecom Service and I'd like to reply to your complaint.

Fry's has reported to ATS that they have been paying ATS rebates at store level since the middle of last year. You may want to contact the store where you purchased the product to see what their criteria is for your rebate. Going to the store is your best course for immediate action.

Sincerely,

Mary

• Bo
      19th of May, 2009

never got my $20.00 rebate...got the same run around!

• Lb
      6th of May, 2010
    American Telecom - Never paid the rebate

This company should be held accountable for all the people they have taken advantage of by not paying the rebate as promised.

• Fa
      24th of Sep, 2010

Read the "Rebate Form" The expiration date is "2008" so good luck. However, got mine @ "Rite Aid", so hold them responsible also...but did get %20 off, using their store card!Still, I intend to argue w/ the Manager.
    Any communication complaints go to FCC...I did that w/ my TV service and they responded immediately AND, yes, got my money back.