American Servicing Company / Unfair business practices

1 Tahoma, CA, United States Review updated:

Our loan was purchased by ASC back in 06. We fell behind on a payment in Feb. of 06. ASC reported us immediately to the credit bureaus and consequently our credit lines were all shut down. We were a small self financed business and needed our credit lines to get us through the off seasons. This further impeded our ability to pay our bills. ASC would not work with us when we repeatedly asked for loan modification, assistance or even our options/rights. They are a horrible company that stole our house by using large corporation stall tactics. We talked with over 20 different people within the organization. No one ever knew anything and then we would get a letter in the mail. I feel scammed out of the home I designed and built from the ground up. Avoid this company at all costs

Comments

• Mr
      14th of Aug, 2009

SOMBODY CONTACT ME, IM TIRED OF ASC: [protected]@YAHOO.COM

• Su
      1st of Oct, 2009

My husband and I are having a horrible time getting the Modification for our loan. We were approved for a modification then all of the sudden I try to make my lower payment and they would not accept it this was on August 18th. On August 25th I received a letter stating that I had been declined due to my husband’s signatures not matching. I called and proved it was his signature because he had it notarized. Then once that wasn’t the issue ASC came up with the excuse that the notary did not date it. It did have the date and our notary requested a notary affidavit which never came back. ( My husband faxed it to every fax number he could get his hands on 50 times at each fax). Now they told me yesterday that they are so sorry but there has been too much time that has went through since the modification process started in June which I made good faith payments and was not late at all. Now they say we have to start over and my interest rate will be much higher and they are not sure if I will be approved again and they are truly sorry that this has happened but there is nothing they can do. I have been disconnected, transferred, and simply hung up on numerous times and I can't believe this is an actual company. My loan was also sold to these people. I had never had a credit issue with my home and now I have major issues. Since the modification did not go through, I now owe high interest rate payments and owe late fees and all kinds of other charges because of them messing up. To this day we have NOT received a call even though I have requested it so many times. I call them every week about 2 to 3 times. I have NEVER spoken to the same person and I NEVER get the same answers. These people are crazy and yes, I believe they want to for-close on my home also. Bless everyone that has these problems.

• Bj
      26th of Dec, 2009

I also have ASC. My home is in foreclosure i got the notice today 12/26/09. That's pretty much saying merry Christmas you are getting sued. My loan was switched to them in Feb 06 i paid my loan every month on time or even early in 08 i lost my job and i got a new one that paid substantially less. i tried to keep current but after a couple of months i could pay any more without sacrificing the essentials. i tried to get a loan mod and they gave me a run around. finally after sending 20 hardship letters i got a loan mod for 3 months i paid on time but after that they told me my new loan mod was more than my original payment. what kind of modification is that? bottom line i tried to work with them and they refused to i got hung up on, they were rude to me when i was trying to do the right thing and i never got a straight answer on why i couldn't get another mod. i have a 7 month old now and nowhere to live at the moment and everyone i talked to including lawyers, hope now and etc.. said i am eligible but ASC wont allow it.