American Income Life Insurance / Not a real job they $ charge

Lo mira mesa san diego ca, CA Review updated:

American income life insurance is a total fraud!!! Dont even bother with that company if u are looking for a job their nothing but liars and hypocrites, the managers tell u ories and not the truth until you do ur own research about the bad reputation that the comapny has with its employees. A company that charges u for the training its a fraud and a waste of time and money this company is only comission pay and not hourly or salaried. This company is a fraud like another fraud company known as vector marketing,

Experienced, i live in a condo and i was desperate for a job, i was laid off from my last job. I got a call from american income to come in for a management position at their company and my first interview, i was excited at first, then i passed the interview and told me to come in for my secound interview the next day, it wasent even an interview its was a presentation of the company's history, either way i went like i said i was excited of getting a full time job. . . Anyways i went their was about 20 other people who also attended the reginal manager was giving the presentation about the company and how it works the training and pay, i saw a lot of people excited that day because in this economy right now its hard to get a job right now anyways, after the meeting he gave everybody a folder then its said that they charge for the training and that this company is only commission based not hourly or salaried, when i was at jcpenney i was in jewelry i was hourly and comissioned but here at american income only comission witch totally sucks!!! Anyways what makes me upset is that the reginal manager that was giving out the presentation that day about the company and its history never once told us that the training would cost money$$$$$ companys pay for ur training u dont pay them!!! And he was saying that their looking for trustworthy employess and this guy is not even being honest with its audience. I feel bad for the other people because in that meeting i saw a lot of excited people looking foward of getting a new job and it all turn out to be a complete total fraud and lies. I cant belive theirs company's and people like that especially in this time of need and the hard work and pressures of looking and getting a new job. I got invited to a third interview today, im going to go not for the job but because i did my research about the comapny and all its complaints about being a scam and its employees, i printed them out an when i go to the interview im going to show all the complaints to the reginal manager in his face and tell him that im not interested in a comany and managers that lie to its employees and that this company american income life insurance its a waste of my time and anybody that applys for this company right in his face lol!!!

Comments

• Dr
      Nov 10, 2010

Thanks for posting this company as a scam i got a call from them this morning to interview Tuesday however I'm going to cancel, after reading all the bad things about them. I'm looking for a customer Sales Rep job not a call and harass people job, and definitely not interested in comission pay based job. Thank you for the heads up.

• Ai
      Mar 14, 2011

Your State Insurance Dept.
    NYSE (ticker symbol TMK)
    HotJobs/Yahoo
    Fortune
    Forbes
    Warren Buffet
    Edward Jones (ESOP broker)
    YouTube-"Spirit of AIL"

• Wp
      Mar 30, 2011

This indeed sounds like a scam, and I hope you nail them to a wall. Please use a spell and grammar checker though...This was very hard to read.

• Tc
      Jun 28, 2011

i got a call earlier... and i saw this posting.. and they are conducting an interview tomorrow and want me to be there what should i do?..

its at 5703 Oberlin Drive. San diego 92121 suite 106... am i right????

please respond ..

• Ca
      Sep 26, 2017

@tcao I received the same call for a Tuesday interview

Jul 20, 2011

Its sounds like you never gave that job a chance, from a salesmans point of view, it sounds to me like a great opportunity, as far as paying for the training, look at it this way, you pay to attend college so that you may obtain a degree so that you may get a good job, in sales you need to be trained on the product. Sales is definitely not for the weak of spirit and its not your regular 9 to 5 JOB where you're told what time to clock in, eat, use the rest room, break, and clock out. If you're satisfied living in the norm, then sales is definitely not for you, but for those who are capable enough to makeas much money as thy want then that might be the way to go for them. The fact is you must be good at wha you do to understand what its about... and to the person that got called into the interview; don't let one persons bad experience or misunderstanding of the way this industry works ruin your opportunity to be a success

• Di
      May 07, 2012

thank you for letting us know i got a interview with them and after reading thsi i am glad i am not waisting my time. i am not about to invest my money on a training, i have worked in couple of places and i have been sent out on trainings and the company always pays for them. i am calling and canceling my interview. they tricked me because they told me i was interviewing for a management position.

• Ka
      Jul 16, 2012

I too just got a call 10 minutes ago, set up an interview for thursday. They are VERY scripted sounding and when I asked questions, she replied with " they will better answer your questions on thursday". I will not be going to the interview, given this information I have just read. I work in the medical field, and wont be downgrading to something like this anytime soon even though I need a job. Thank you for the head up, greatly appreciated.

The address they gave me was: 5703 oberlin drive suite 106 san diego ca 92121

If you have this address too, I suggest you run for the border lol.

• Ci
      Jul 24, 2012

I just received a call from this company today and they didn't mention the name i was very excited seeing as how i have been in desperate need of a job. so i called back and got a voicemail where she said it was American life. As soon as i heard that i left a message saying to cancel my interview because not only do they ripe of their employees but they ripe off the customers. I fell for this SCAM when they came to my door selling life insurance they caught me when they said they would pay for my daughters schooling if anything should happen to me. when i lost my job i called to cancel and they said ok. It wasn't they over they overdrew my bank 80 dollars over 3 months and refuse to refund my money. I had to threaten to sew for them to stop taking money out. Excuse my language but all i have to say to this company is [censored] Off

• Je
      Jul 30, 2012

a lot of lies and nothing to show for them. do not trust this company.

• Mi
      Nov 08, 2012

Thank you, thank you... I should read this earlier I received a call and asked to meet up for an interview fir two hrs. I thought it was too long but didn't really paid attention most all the interviews I've been too don't tell you how long. I just waisted my time traveling here. Anyways I do appreciate your comments. Thank you again. Mia

• C7
      Jan 24, 2013

I'm kind of neutral, as I indicated in my selection. On the one hand, I've considered the drive required to do insurance and financial services sales. I willfully admit that I don't have it. Paradoxically, when I get these "interviews", they hard-sell me on the interview process and I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt until I find these postings by "googling" the addresses given. The receptionist/secretary tactfully declines to do anything but set up the appointment for which I'm to be properly dressed and on time. Still, I side with diffidence.

Now since I've arrived at the conclusion I predicted, it's obviously a kind of scam to me. But they have to play the "numbers game" to find those salespeople who don't consider themselves such (yet). I will, however, speak to the OTHER HAND: I FIND ID ANNOYING WHEN PEEPOL WRITE IN AW CAPS AND MIZPELL EVERY THIRD WURD. Consequently, I find the original author's advice to be moot and so offer my own: If you don't want to "sell" using the same philosophy and tactics as those recruiting you -- if you don't want to sell at all -- cancel the appointment. They get it all the time; they'll be okay. If you've got the spare time, it's also good to just practice interviewing.

• Va
      Mar 22, 2013

definitely not going to the interview. thanks for the info

Mar 24, 2014

Glad I found this site, my interview is set for tomorrow, guess not anymore. What really gets me is they said after reading my resume that I have the right skills for the job they have...I install heating and air systems. How the hell does that qualify me to sell insurance? Its March 24th, 2014 today, a year after the last entry here. The scam is still alive and kicking

• Sh
      Apr 24, 2014

As everyone else mentioned, I had the same type of phone call from "Sean" in the HR Dept., name of company not mentioned. So I googled the address, saw the name "American Income Life" and thought ah another insurance company .. I have been to many interviews.. all the same bs.. got to pay up front for state insurance sales license, but of course, if you don't pass, you are out of $ which could pay for other items (food, bills, mortgage, etc.)

There was 1 other lady in there after me and she had told me a 3rd woman showed up, but left after I had been called in by "Sean'... noticing how many men were in there, and with the exception of the receptionist, no other women were at this office on Oberlin Dr.

Got the same brochure/packet as everyone else did with all the 'bells & whistles" and you get a mentor.. what I do not like is the supposed hours.. afternoon to early evening.. it may be a 'warm lead', however, I do not and never will step foot in someone's house who I do not know, and I don't care if they are a potential customer..

My husband agreed that this is another bs scam and too bad we can't have them investigated for their practices.. there are no guarantees on jobs, passing the state insurance exam, or making the $ on paper that's mentioned..

• St
      Jul 31, 2014

Ok, I received the same BS phone call for an interview that everyone else did. Same address and everything. 5703 Oberlin Dr. Ste 106. It is painfully obvious that this is indeed a scam and as another writer put a "numbers game". However, I do have something to say to andizzle. I agree with your stance about the type of person it takes to be in sales. In this case you are probably miss informed about what the receptionist is saying on these phone calls to request interviews. I know all about sales and I DO NOT WANT TO DO IT AT ALL!!!. I specifically asked if this was a sales position and I was "assured" that was not. (Not true) As for paying for training, that has scam all over it. I have 2 associates, a bachelors, and an MBA not to mention various certifications and licenses. I have PAID for enough. One of the things that upsets me the most is the fact that I shaved off my goatee in prep for the interview that I am not going on.

• Ri
      Aug 06, 2014

You miss 100% of the shots you dont take - Wayne Gretzky

• Ra
      Nov 14, 2014

I just got random call today. I check my email in the sent box to see who have i sent my resume. There was nothing involving life insurance. She told me you applied for a manager position. It sounded excited so i went on with it. The scheduled interview is tuesday OCT 18 2014 @10:30 same spot at oberlin dr.

Jan 21, 2015

I just got the call for interview . Same address was given to me . and management position was offfered to me.Definitely seems like a fraud. Beacuse I checked on the facebook account of the guy who called me.Even his wife works at American Life Insurance .But this guy told me he works for Torchmark Cormporation. When I checked online there is no office for Torchmark Corporation in San Diego. and the company is based in Texas. All this indicates its s FRAUD. I will now be cancelling my interview.

• Bo
      Dec 02, 2015

To everyone, if you are looking for a job where you get hourly pay insurance is not what you are looking to do.
    Insurance is you building a business. You don't get paid until you sell something that is the way insurance is with the exception of three companies. As far as a scam, if you think that it is contact insurance Commissioner Dave Jones California Department of insurance in Sacramento if they were a scam that they would not be allowed to practice in the state of California. For those who really want to check things out here is the number to the state of California Department of Insurance you can call the number toll-free. [protected].
    Until you get your business going you will need a job to pay your bills and work insurance full-time also that's the way it is.

•   Feb 09, 2017

@boydh60 I think these people understand that. If you read, they are NOT told it's an insurance sales/commission only "opportunity" when the interview is scheduled. It is only after people have wasted time and gas, that they find this out.

• Sh
      Feb 18, 2016

I got a call from this company toda . The woman told me her manager saw my resume online. She said the company was called "American Life" I did not hear her clearly, so I said " Did you say American Life Income?" She then stated " no, American Life." I questioned her because I vaugly recalled hearing that nsne before, and I associated it with insurance. She told me it was a manager position and I would be managing employees, hiring, and other office related tasks. I decided to kook them up on glassdoor. Its Totally an insurance company! Why would the be so misleading? So I did more research and found this site. I definitely am not interested! I thank everyone for posting their experiences. I will not be going to the interview.

• Co
      Mar 28, 2016

I also got the call today. Thanks to this post, I will not go to the interview. Thank everyone for posting their experiences.

• Br
      Jun 14, 2016

So I'm sitting here in my car looking at this review. The ONLY reason I caME all the way here from downtown was because when I asked him what the companies name was he said it really fast both times and I couldn't here him. They wanted to interview me for a management position. I asked them "did your boss fully read my resume?" because who would call me in for an interview for that position based on a resume in security, home health care and a lead at a fast food place??. Well I was gullable and decided to cancel my normal morning exercise for this. What the he'll was I thinking?deep down my dad taught me better. So I went inside to look at the name on suite 106 and googled it to see employee reviews. Thank you guys for posting this because my time that I have I have to use very wisely and it would suck to cancel more things just to be let down and scammed at the end. Had they told me it was sales or marketing I would have declined at the first phone call because that's not for me.

• Ac
      Feb 28, 2017

I received a call today, the lady on the phone tells directly " You've got an interview 'at this address' without telling anything about the company she was calling from or the position for which I would be interviewing !!" First I felt bad for not remembering where I have sent my resume. Then I called back on the same number and landed on IVR that said American income.I looked it up on google with the address and landed here !
    Definitely a fraud. Going to cancel my interview asap.

• Iy
      Apr 19, 2017

Thank you so much guys for your comments. I received the call today and assumed I had applied for a job in this company but just couldn't remember . So I closed the appointment for a face to face interview while on the phone. After checking my applications I found out I had never applied for any position in this company. Then I saw your comments on this board while googling about it. Now I have cancelled my interview. Interviewing for a job I never applied for, without even a basic written job description tells me they are the ones trying to sell me something, while it should be the opposite. Thanks again

• Ta
      May 23, 2017

I'm happy I didn't waste my time on this Company! I too had an interview scheduled for today which is a Tuesday. I thought it was strange when the HR person who called couldn't answer my general questions about what the position. I was told the same thing, that the opening was for a manager and that I would be hiring and other offices duties. I guess always trust your gut feeling! Thank you for the warning! If your a salesperson maybe you should check it out but I would never give money to an employer no matter what your selling and I hate to brake it to you but insurance is a scam if this is how they are operating, I just hope that others read this post so that they don't waste thier time and money. Thank you again everyone for posting the warnings!

• Qu
      Oct 03, 2017

Glad I found this posting! I received a call from [protected] and the woman told me her supervisor had looked at my resume and thought my skills were a match (didn't say what I "matched" with though). She was calling supposedly from the "Career Group" and I had just woken up and was too groggy to ask questions. She told me the address- 5703 oberlin dr ste 106, san diego, ca 92121- and set up an interview time. I was wondering what job I applied for so I searched the name in my inbox only to find nothing. Searched the company name and that company has no locations in San Diego. Searched the phone number and found nothing. Searched the address and found American Income Life Insurance. All of this was fishy and then I found this thread!

• Er
      Oct 26, 2017

@quinn3joy Yeah, I got the same call yesterday. Except I asked her to repeat it several times because I kept mishearing her. They're going by "Furer Group". But I googled the address and it's still American Life! She said the same thing, that my skills are a match which was clearly ridiculous to me because my bachelors and work experience is all in chemistry lol. My interview is today, though after reading all of these comments I feel like I should cancel it.

• Tg
      Jun 08, 2018

Scam is still alive in 2018! Got an email saying I’d be a great fit for a position at “San Diego CA inc.” and that they wanted me to call them to set up an interview. Seemed sketchy from the beginning but I called anyways. No answer - said the google user was unavailable. No real phone number - sketchy. She called me back and I asked what the position was and she told me benefits coordinator for a company working with unions. Once she sent me an email with the interview time and address I was able to find out the real name of the company - American Life. I canceled my interview immediately.