American eVoice

Posted:

American eVoice is a scam company!

4.35
American eVoice
Roselle, Illinois
myamericanevoice.com
American eVoice is a scam company. They cannot be contacted to verify why there are charges on my phone bill. The phone company has no idea who they are or where the charges come from.
Complaint comments Comments (42) Complaint country United States Complaint category Telecommunications

Comments

A  26th of Nov, 2007 by    -1 Votes
Same thing happened to me. I saw these charges on my AT&T bill for voice mail services. AT&T told me a third party billed it. When I finally got a hold of American eVoice, they told me my husband authorized it through Media Shapers.com. When I went on this website, they were a Canadian Company that sells custom discs. Someone used my husband's e-mail address and street address. Who would benefit from this, but American eVoice.

When I said that no one authorized this and the charges were fraudulent, the customer service rep agreed to reverse the charges ($16).
A  12th of Dec, 2007 by    -1 Votes
I just got the same $16 charge on my AT&T bill. I had absolutely no idea who these people were, and upon further investigation can't understand why any residence in their right mind would even need this service -- answering machine, anyone? I sure as hell didn't sign up for it, and suspect someone was waging their bets I wouldn't check my bill.

I can't get anyone at American eVoice on the phone at the moment so the charge is still standing. AT&T isn't very helpful in the matter. Sounds like it's time to try Mediacom's local telephone services.
A  25th of Dec, 2007 by    -1 Votes
Here's the thing that's driving me crazy. My phone company sends their bill, and includes the charge for American EVoice. They tell me they can't do anything about it...that I should call American EVoice. But wait. It's my local phone company who is billing me. Who authorized them to do that? Not me. They should be billing me only for the services which they provide, right? I don't understand how any company can get away with this.

What if Sears sent me a bill and included a charge from, say, Home Depot? Sound ridiculous? Of course it does. But this is the same thing. One company billing me for the services of another company, which I did not authorize. Seems like there must be consumer fraud laws to protect us, doesn't there? I have read many many many complaints on line written by people in the same boat as we are. Does anyone have a solution?

I'm seriously considering cancelling my land line phone and using only my cell, which is all prepaid.
A  27th of Dec, 2007 by    -1 Votes
Its been on my AT&T Bill also, gonna call this ILD/ American E-voice. Even though At&T tells me I have to call American E- Voice to cancel the charges. They AT&T credits my bill for the $16.00.
A  8th of Jan, 2008 by    -1 Votes
What the HELL! This is crazy. If AT&T can't explain to me why the can authorize an extra $16 a month from a random "made up" company then I am saying good bye to AT&T. Hello Cell Phones forever.
A  2nd of Apr, 2008 by    -1 Votes
I had the same thing happen to me. On my local service phone bill (ATT). I am being charged by ILD Teleservices 800-433-4518. I am being charged for Voice Mail Service @ 14.95 + tax & fee's = 16.08 / month.

I called ILD at the 433 number and I explained to the agent that I never ordered this service. Pleasantly he said he could put a cancel on this v/m service so I won't be charged again. I would need to call American Evoice aka Voice Mail Professional @ 866-576-1876 in order to request a refund.

So I called them and the young lady (also pleasant) said that this service was authorized by someone using my email address and that my mothers maiden name that was entered was "shottie!" Ha!! After seeing that she realized that it wasn't legitimate and I would receive a credit applied to my phone bill. She also said that I supposedly signed up for this service at mediashaperz.com, I have never heard of this site nor ordered any v/m service. When looked up mediashaperz.com the website page was that of a web hosting company; it was the logon page. I find all of this very disturbing. I better get my refund!

Those people are insane, how could they be so fraudulent. How can this type of fraudulent activity be prevented?
A  17th of Apr, 2008 by    -1 Votes
Same happened to me. They added a charge to my AT&T bill for non-existed and never ordered services. And ILD, which billed my AT&T account are obviously complicit in their fraud because the customer representative I spoke to at ILD was obviously already aware of such complaints from other people against eVoice. A total blatant scam.
A  17th of Apr, 2008 by    -1 Votes
The same thing has happened to me. I was billed last month for $14.95 for a voice mail that I don't have and don't want. I was just billed again for $14.95, and was told I would be billed again next month for $14.95. When I called AT&T they were absolutely
no help and said they were not responsible for3rd party billing. The only solution that I cansee is to NOT PAY for the phony voice mail charge when you send your payment into AT&T, or simply get rid of AT&T. But who's to say the next carrier won't do the same thing?
A  18th of Apr, 2008 by    -1 Votes
Yes! you can contact American Evoice about their scam! Call I 866 576 1876 and talk to Merrie (pron: Mary) her Rep number is 366. As soon as I mentioned the scam she backed off verym quickly and said "Yes we will give you credit for the amount we charge you on your next telephone bill/bills. Obviously what is happening is they tack the phony charge on your bill, and if you don't complain they take your money. If you do complain they give you a credit. So everyone take note! Call I 866 576 1876 (in Florida) now and get rid of the phony charges. Also, a lady at ILD Teleservices has been very cooperative, and is in the process of trying to keep the scam charge from being put on telephone bills. Now that everyone knows it's a scam, whoever is putting it on the bill should be kept from doing it, and that's what the ILD lady is doing. If anyone wants to e mail me: woodyw542@cs.com I have alot of info. that I don't want to reveal here, but will through private email
A  18th of Apr, 2008 by    -1 Votes
The San Francisco PUC just emailed me and said the
Texas PUC handles these scam complaints. Send to:
PUC Customer Protection, PO Box 13326, Austin, Texas,
78711-3326. email: customer@puc.state.tx.us Phone:
1-888 782 8477. Fax: 512 936 7003. 1. Include all
your personal info plus your account #. 2. Identify
company/s involved. 3. Describe problem. 4. Explain
what you want the business to do or how you want the
problem solved. 5. If you mail or fax include copies of
ALL the documentation you have. Let's all work on
this together and eliminate this scam forever!
A  30th of Apr, 2008 by    -1 Votes
I just got off of the phone with the Billing service who could not tell me much about the service. She claims is was done online and someone signed up for the service with ILD, of course she was not that cooperative in giving information and could not promise me that I would not be billed in the future by these people. I have ATT who has been billing me on their behalf.
A  12th of Jun, 2008 by    -1 Votes
they just got me to i have no idea who they were or what the charges were for. but ILD teleservices was very nice about removing there charges for this evoice ..they did not know who they were eaither ..what a scam evoice also had personal information about me and said i used it to sign up for there program. one has to wonder now how they got this information.
bella
A  28th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
There seems to be a very interesting thread running through all oif these complaints.
Everyone seems to use AT&T as their long-distance carrier, and claim that AT&T is
not very helpful in solving this problem. Since there are many long-distance phone
companies, could AT&T's connection in these cases be more than purely coincidental?
I am changing my long-distance service to Verizon, just be be protected from AT&T.
A  12th of Oct, 2008 by    -1 Votes
I just received my Verizon bill and there it was. American eVoice for $15.07. Of course I'll be contacting them for a refund as well as reporting to my California Attorney General and the Federal Trade Commission.
A  23rd of Oct, 2008 by    -1 Votes
YES PLEASE people report to the BBB. I just did and they actually took action. I am being refunded the 200 dollars they've been stealing over the last year!. I check every bill now! Go get 'em!
A  9th of Nov, 2008 by    -1 Votes
myamericanevoice.com.. Is a company who is charging customer without their consent, , I Called a month ago to get credit and still this company continue charging me see above.. I have to call again .. and still no answered.
a Itemized Charges and Credits

Government Fees and Taxes
5-02 Local .75

Total Enhanced Services Billing Inc 15.70
A  14th of Nov, 2008 by    -1 Votes
I got my bill in the mail 11/14 at 3PM, by 4:45 the fraudulent charges were credited and account closed by a pleasant man, Tony. I was ready to be pissed, but ended up pleased with the immediate outcome. Now I wait a month to see if all remains well.
N  19th of Nov, 2008 by    -1 Votes
I fight these on our company's phone bills, where if it's not this phony company, it's some other one. Every last one of them is indeed a scam and they count on people not reading the bills.

Most phone companies offer some kind of blocking, labeled "Third Party Blocking" or "Bill Blocking" or "Carrier Freeze" - may help you prevent it in the future, because even if you fix the charge you do find, another one is right around the corner.

Good luck!
A  25th of Nov, 2008 by    -1 Votes
I also was charged the same charge on my account.. uhhggg.. can't be safe even with our phone company. AT&T
N  3rd of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
As a customer service rep for American eVoice, I would like to let you all know that we are not a fraud. The reason one would be billed by our company would be from one of our various websites. And when one puts all info in and clicks that they agree it is legal for you to get billed. One piece of advice would be to read the small print!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree