Posted:

Scam!

American EVoice
Pennsylvania
I posted this elsewhere but I'm trying to make sure this is heard!!

Well, I just found out that for the last 6 months, I have been charged via my phone bill for a service I never requested. How? Well it turns out that ANY company that provides phone or voice services can be added to your account with OR without your permission. How is this possible? I asked Verizon and it turns out their hands are tied. A Pennsylvania Law allows this. Crazy? Yes. How did I find this out?

I had Verizon. I closed my account on June 1st. Then when going through my bills (which were on auto-pay) I noticed this American Evoice on there. I called Verizon, who can't discuss why the charge is there ***without an order number!!!*** What crap! I had to tell them, I didn't place the order! "Then we can't assist you."

Then I got through to American Evoice. They told me they can credit me for the last three months of the billing, which is July, June, and May. I told them I already CLOSED the account. But it doesn't matter, they are giving the credit to Verizon.

But what about the rest of the charges? Because this order was placed in January? Oh, I have to email or fax their processing center to get that refund.

Truly a WTF moment.

I feel that everyone should know about this. Verizon will be issuing me a credit, and completely closing the account. It's infuriating. :(
Complaint comments Comments (3)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Landline & Home Phone Providers

Comments

N  26th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes

American eVoice - Fraud and cheating!
3618 West Glenroy Ave.
Anaheim
California
Phone: 714-761-0048

American e voice for several months has been making charges to my phone bill without my authorization, I don't know who this is company. My telephone services was disconnected due to charges to my phone bill from this company. I strongly belief that this is fraud and something need to be done.
N  30th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes

American eVoice - unauthorized phonecharges
American eVoice

My wife was on web site usprizedraw.com and then American eVoice was on our phone bill. We are not sure how they are connected.
N  1st of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes

American eVoice - Unauthorized Monthly Fees
Amercian EVoice
1917 Lake St.
Huntington Beach
California
Phone: 714 9605088

I have been billed by Amercan EVoice for the past 9 months and have called to have this removed, however, it keeps getting billed on my account. These charges were never authorized and have told the company that this must be terminated and a credit to our account. What can we do to have this eliminated and stopped immediately and a credit to our account for all of the charges incurred?

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree