Amadeus Home Music School / Stole money 2009

Amadeus Home Music School
My husband and I set up in home music lessons for our girls as a Christmas present. We ran searches to verify the authenticity of the company and were met with glowing reviews. The music lessons were to start in January of 2009 however the instructor was a no call no show. We called the company but were unable to get through because either no one answer or the line was busy. My husband was alerted that the company charged our credit card another 500.00 so they have stolen in total over 1000.00 from our account and have not contacted us once since the lessons were arranged.

Now when we research this company there are numerous complaints with the BBB and customers are instructing those with similar complaints to go through small claims court as a way to recover money. We are incredibly upset and fear for the loss for not only ourselves but many others. Perhaps we can all get together and file.

N  12th of Feb, 2009 by
I am a piano instructor with Amadeus as well as have my own business; where in SC do you live? I would be glad to provide you with lessons for your girls. I am considering pulling out of Amadeus for similar reasons I've read on this website. I have had my own private lessons business for over 25 years with a Masters degree in music. I also have become very frustrated with them. I live near Myrtle Beach and you may contact me @ 843-333-4245- Gayla
A  21st of Feb, 2009 by
I have filed a claim with the New Jersey Better Business Bureau. Amadeus never responded to them and my complaint was put on file. I received my credit card statement today with 2 separate charges of 1, 563.00 one in January and one in February, 2009. I have not received the services I paid for which were supposed to bring my son's lessons up to February, 2009, lessons stopped in September, 2008 with no word of a refund or any offer to provide services already paid for. I am owed a refund and then I'm billed again for something I haven't received and never renewed?????? What is up with this fraudulent company and why are they still advertising?
A  21st of Feb, 2009 by
These people are sheisters...do not deal with them...They will rip you off-especially if you use a credit card to pay them..I have been teaching for them for a few months and they have not paid me for my work and have charged my student's parents hundreds of dollars. Do not use these people! They are very nice on the phone but as soon as they get your $ forget it...They need to be shut down and strung up by their cohones..!
A  5th of Mar, 2009 by
my husband bought me lessons for xmas and we got the runaround and double charge too. he told the credit card company and they creditted us back all of our money, wish there was more we could do to stop others from being ripped off. the number we used to talk to a real person was (503) 954-1304 and her name was Donna Esposito if you want someone to yell at, thats what we did!!!
N  13th of Mar, 2009 by
I worked for them, and things got totally out of hand -- they grew too quick and couldn't handle everything, and they let me go.
My understanding is that they are closing down, and have asked everyone to reverse the charges on their Credit Cards or call in and get a direct credit.
My friend in the company told me they want to resolve EVERYTHING, and that they feel bad about it.
Here is the number they told me to call: 646 345 3170
N  17th of Mar, 2009 by
I worked in management and had to leave because I was getting physically sick by what I suspected was going on. I would be happy to give any numbers, names, etc...to anyone that needs help.

FYI...I was told by the owner that in the client's contract, it states Amadeus automatically renews your lessons/credit card if you do not notify them of termination ahead of time. So, the owner thinks he is completely justified in charging the cards at least once, per the contract. I have not read the contract to see if this is true.

While they are claiming to honor remaining lessons and money owed, I suspect that one day they are just going to be gone. I have a feeling they are going to reopen in approximately 6 months under a different name, etc...just a hunch.

If anyone has any ideas on best method for us to connect, please post. I will be happy to email/call you.
A  24th of Mar, 2009 by
I agree with what other teachers have posted. Its ridiculous. I had no idea what was going on until one of the parents I work for told me how he was getting double-charged. For me to get paid by this company involves at least a half-dozen reminders in email/phone calls. When I first started, they'd pay me every 4 lessons. Now, I log as many as 20 lessons before anyone gets around to paying me. Its frustrating because I enjoy working with my students, but I can't imagine continuing with this company much longer. How is this legal that they can wait to pay me whenever they feel like it????
A  2nd of Apr, 2009 by
I'm in the same position, as a teacher. I am currently waiting to be paid for 20+ lessons. No one emails or calls back, and I'm totally at a loss. I'm willing to finish out the current students lessons, but not if I won't be getting paid. If anyone has any info to help me out...please let me know. You can contact me through my blog: http://inthetigerden.blogspot.com/
A  6th of Apr, 2009 by
Yeah...I have 8 outstanding lessons, and I don't see anyway they're going to even attempt to reconcile. They just bailed. What an absolutely gutless and shameful move. How do they sleep at night. Their karma will do them in...but, ggp...if you have contact info, you should post it for everyone, so we can assault them with phone calls and emails...
A  6th of May, 2009 by
How do you get a refund? My daughter's guitar teacher came 4 times and never returned, I thought it was his problem until I found the Amadeus website to complain and saw they are not operating! And then I found this website! I feel like a fool, but they had good reviews and references!