[Resolved] Alamo / drop-off scam
Has anyone else seen this Alamo scam? (Ontario, CA airport) You return the rental car a little after 4:30 am- There are a line of cars- everyone is returnining their rental car. There is only an outside booth(everything else is closed)- with no Alamo personnel there or any indication it is "open". Other people returning cars say "there's no one here- you have to leave the keys in the drop box"- Meanwhile many are coming and going, returning their cars, with no representative in sight. You follow the directions on the drop box- leave the keys & contract.
A month later, you receive your credit card statement with a fee for an extra day. When you call them they claim there was a representative there from 4:30 am and that you returned it the following day!
Seems like a lucrative way of getting extra fees! Anyone else seen this?
I'm contesting the credit card charge-
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Alamo Rent A Car Customer Care's Response, Jun 18, 2014
Patricia, thank you for bringing this to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the complete details. Include the exact rental location, your contact information, rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.
When emailing, please place reference number 140618-005860 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.
Social Media Coordinator
Alamo Rent A Car
More Alamo Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Alamo Car Rental - citation fees I was charged 
- [Resolved] Alamo Damage Recovery Unit - charges for damages we did not cause 
- Alamo Rent A Car - alamo early return policy can triple your costs! 
- Alamo Rental Car - bogus damage! 
- Alamo Rent A Car - rate is crazy changed for changing drop off location 
- Alamo Rent A Car - Service
- Alamo Rent A Car - second driver charges are unfair and not communicated at time of reservation!!
- Alamo Rent A Car - charges on collection
- Alamo Rent A Car - defect gps
- Alamo Rent A Car - car rental