[Resolved] Alamo / drop-off scam

3450 Airport Dr #600,Ontario,CA 91761
Phone: 909 937-3600
Has anyone else seen this Alamo scam? (Ontario, CA airport) You return the rental car a little after 4:30 am- There are a line of cars- everyone is returnining their rental car. There is only an outside booth(everything else is closed)- with no Alamo personnel there or any indication it is "open". Other people returning cars say "there's no one here- you have to leave the keys in the drop box"- Meanwhile many are coming and going, returning their cars, with no representative in sight. You follow the directions on the drop box- leave the keys & contract.
A month later, you receive your credit card statement with a fee for an extra day. When you call them they claim there was a representative there from 4:30 am and that you returned it the following day!
Seems like a lucrative way of getting extra fees! Anyone else seen this?
I'm contesting the credit card charge-

Resolution statement

Alamo Rent A Car Customer Care's Response, Jun 18, 2014
Patricia, thank you for bringing this to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please contact us at care@alamo.com with the complete details. Include the exact rental location, your contact information, rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please place reference number 140618-005860 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Zachary A.
Social Media Coordinator
Alamo Rent A Car

N  7th of Jul, 2008 by

Alamo - Rude management

National/Alamo worst customer service, rudest management. I accidentally missed my turnoff at SFO and wound up in their lot instead of Budget. They wouldn't let me out of the lot because it was against policy. The kid at the booth told me to drive the wrong way down a one way street to get out of the way and wouldn't open the gate for me to leave. He wouldn't get the manager. He then left the booth with his back pack leaving me there. I went to get the manager and he wouldn't open the gate either. I had to get the Budget manager on another floor myself. Ridiculous.
N  1st of Mar, 2011 by

Alamo - Scam artists

Got a parking ticket from city of Wilmington. Was in the process of fighting the ticket and if I lost the fight would have paid the $40 fine. Alamo jumped ahead after I even called and explained asking them not to, paid the ticket and then charged me $110 on my credit card. Called them and was hung up on 3 times by a manager named Michael. They are rude and suggested I hire a lawyer. They are not responding to my letters or phone calls. DO NOT USE ALAMO. EVER!!!
Complete scam artists. Dont be fooled by low rental rates. They will find ways to rip you off and make up fees!
N  29th of Mar, 2012 by

Alamo - Rude Owner/employee manners
Alamo Service Station
I-H 10 West
San Antonio

stopped for gasoline, nearly on empty. after waiting in line for an ungodly amount of time at cashier becuase their pumps would not except a debit card. owner did not even recognize me, spend time waiting on a woman who did not understand how the
texas lottery worked and which game she wanted to play. instead of telling her to wait a moment and acknowledge me. after that horrible wait and becoming more and more late for work, which i had had plenty of time to get there before having to wait. then he would not turn pump on for me until. Told hime i was going to fill up, he refused to turn pump on until i told him exactly how much gas i wanted. he became very rude when i told him i could not make a guess. He then gave me back my card and told me he did not want my business, go somewhere else. with gas at his station nearly 20 cents more for 87 grade than any other station, you would have thought that he would be glad to have someone fill up their tank. I am a local person and do not need to be treated like an incomvience. The actual inconvience is that this
owner/person needs to go back to his own country and try to make a living there instead of treating people in the U.S. like were his enemy. I wil never go there again. and will tells others not to also.
N  2nd of May, 2014 by

Alamo - Terrible experience
Phone: 6462694942

Do not use alamo for your car rental in Miami. The crew do not know what they are doing . Beside the terrible service, they gave us a car and we put all our 10 big bags in it after being in the line for 2 hour to manage printing our reservation.so finally we were leaving then for some reason they could not scan our car and we had to go back to CHANGE IT! They were having a terrible attitude towards us, and when we ask for some help with the bags the person who said its the manager called GISELLE, who by the way was extremely rude, pull our bags out the car like almost throwing them on the floor screaming at me and my family. I never saw that kind of behave before. Terrible

Alamo Rent A Car Logo Alamo Rent A Car