Afni Collections / Suspicious Settlment Offer
I have been contacted by this "company" and offered a settlement of half of the bill (200.76, asked to pay 11.38) that I owed for Verizon North Inc. Smells fishy since this is NOT the collection agency that was dealing with this (true) debt. (my sister was divorced and I got her a phone in my name and she honestly forgot to pay the bill when she moved again) and we had no idea about this debt until I was attempting to buy my house and checked my credit report and I contacted Verizon MYSELF to get this debt resolved and they sent me to their collection agency, which was NOT AFNI!
I recieved this settlement offer from AFNI on 7/7/2009 and I was staying with friends at the time and it came to their address in my name, how they got that information, I have no clue. I did not move into my new house until 7/14/2009 so this was fishy from the start.
We got our tax returns so I was settling debt and when tried to go to the website listed on the collection it didn't exist, and upon a google search I found this site, and thank goodness!
BE CAREFUL out there!
I hope people do realize that by law a company cannot attempt to collect a debt that is over 7 years old. If you are being billed for a debt that is older than that, the most likely scenario is that it is fraud.
More Afni Collections Complaints & Reviews
- Afni Collections - These rip-offs must be punished for what they are doing! 
- Afni, Inc. - Fraudulent 11 year old verizon bill! 
- Afni Collections - Scam and cheating 
- Afni Collections - collections notice 
- Afni-Bloom - Damaged credit 
- Afni Collections - ripoff - fraud
- Afni, Inc - Harassment!
- Afni Collection Agency - Rip off and scam! 
- Afni, Inc. - How to dispute an Afni Collections letter 
- Afni Collections - Supposed Verizon bill from 1996!