Advanta Bank Corp / account closed

1 531 S. Union StTraverse City, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 231-929-1300

I had an Advanta credit card (with cash back) for my small business . The balance was payed off in June of 2008. I did not use the card since then thinking that everything is ok. On Oct 13, 2008 I got a letter from them saying" As a normal part of our account management, we routinely review our accounts and evaluate the credit status of our cardholders. As a result of our review, we have closed your account effective immediately." They closed my account without even giving me the earned cash back on my acc. not to mention the balance was zero, I have very good credit, but now they decided to ruin it closing my account. I called and I asked for written statement with the specific reason of why they closed my acc. On Oct. 30, 2008 I got another letter stating:" We closed your account to new transactions effective 10/13/2008 as you requested." I never requested it! Every time I try to call and get an answer to all of this I get customer service in India. They can't help and have no clue what's going on anyway. I would like some help figure things out! Very frustating dealing with company, do not advise anybody getting a business card with them.

Comments

• Si
      27th of Apr, 2009

Same thing happened to me. I paid my balance in full each month for the last 8 months and I think that's why they closed it - they weren't making any $$ !

I'm writing to Equifax and the Federal Trade Commission to complain.