Account Control Technology, Inc. / they are trying to pin a debt onto the wrong person

5531 Business Park South
Phone: 866-887-2800
I have been getting letters from these people asking me to pay a school loan saying they reffered by the US Dept. of Edu. I have sent them proof, through my attorney, that my school loan has been paid in full. My attorney also requested that they send further documentation and was ignored. I tried to call them and they were rude and would not answere any of my questions. I don't know if they are legitimate. I do know that they refuse proof that they are wrong.

N  27th of Jan, 2010 by
Let me see. If you have a credit card loan that you fall behind on, eventually it will be settled. Say you owe $5K. You may eventually owe double that amount. But with consumer laws affecting the credit cards, you can probably settle for $2K or $3K.

With student loans, consumers are f***ed! You owe an original loan of $10K. With late fees and other penalties that can NEVER be thrown out.

That original $10K bills ends up being close to $35, 000!!!

As the problem is explained in the link below:

"The problem: In 1997, under intense lobbying from student loan companies, The Higher Education Act (HEA) was amended, and defaulted student loans became among the most lucrative, and easiest to collect type of debt. These amendemnts allow for huge panalties and fees to be attached to defaulted student loan debt, take away bankruptcy protection for student borrowers, disallow refinancing of the debt, and also provide for draconian collection and punitive measures to be taken against student borrowers, includeing wage garnishment, tax garnishment, withholding of professional certifications, termination from employment, SS garnishment, and others."

Read more her about how to fight back!

Caller ID: 6613955985