AcaiBurn / Fraud

VA, United States Review updated:
4.85
I ordered a trial bottle for $3.95. When i got my bank statement they had charged my account $87.13. I have tried several times to e-mail their support@acaiburn.com and they say they will get back within 48-72 hours. Thas has been two weeks. I have emailed them again, no response. This is a scam. Dont give them any credit or bank information!!!
Yv

Comments

Ol
  17th of Dec, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Yes, I've spent ages trying to get in touch with them - no luck! Emails bounce and the phone is always busy. I wish I'd seen this site before ordering!!!
Je
  18th of Dec, 2008
opps.. i've just placed an order last 2 days and i did send email to enquire some queries but it never responded..(it claimed that there is prompt response and its 24/7)
I have not receive the delivery yet.. Would they really cancel the membership once we return the product? Is there even a mailing address for the products to be returned?
I too should have checked on the site before ordering.. So, what can we do now?
Je
  18th of Dec, 2008
try the LIVE CHAT at www.acaiburn.com/contactus.php which is online US MST time 8am - 5pm..(Same timing as Arizona).. i just cancelled my subsquent charges thru the help of the online personnel.. I hope its genuinely done.. Will have to check on my bank statement carefully a month after this date.. Dun bother writing them emails.. i think their inbox is full by now..
Good Luck ! :-) Hope this helps.. i was frustated too at the beginning of my order and thanks to this complaintsboard site i found out the solutions from the other complaints comments.
Me
  28th of Dec, 2008
I think Ive just been scammed by them. I had no idea about it.. Ive just got off the phone to my bank and they have said to wait till the charges appear on my statement then take action if they dont cancel my order.
Le
  28th of Dec, 2008
I had tried many things myself. I have been scammed by many supplements that I was led to believe would work. I then tried a supplement that gave me energy and helped me lose weight along with many other health benefits. The key ingredient is something called glutathione, something that I had heard little about. I will never go back to using any other supplement for antioxidant power. It was just by chance that I found this, but I am so thankful I did. I found it at www.GetMaxOnline.com Hope this helps!
Ch
  2nd of Jan, 2009
I purchased bottle for a 14-day free trail for $4.95. I am now being billed $59.95! This is certainly not what I expected! i called their so called customer support and of course got the run around. Denise was her name and said that she would transfer me to someone would could help! That was a joke! Calling your bank is the quickest way to get this resolved.
This company has FRAUD written all over it. STAY AWAY BE VERY CAREFULL OF GIVING YOUR BANKING INFORMATION!

THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT WORK AND THE COMPANY WILL TRY AND RIP YOU OFF!!!
Kj
  4th of Jan, 2009
Check out these two websites: one is for Acai Burn, and the other is Acai Berry
and

Different company, different people, but Meghan and Annie have the same belly. They were using the same picture to advertise.

Don't be fool by those fraud pictures.
Cm
  5th of Jan, 2009
its not fraud... if you would have read the page correctly instead of flying right through it you would have notice the part that says ( we will charge you and extra low priced members fee of 59.99$) with tax and S/H that probably why your total is that high
Nj
  5th of Jan, 2009
OMGOSH!!! What a scam!! I read this information and immediately called to cancel my trial offer (ordered on December 22nd)...I found the phone number on www.acaiburn/com/contactus.php...they were going to charge me $59.99 for my first order even though I have not even recieved my trial offer, however I got the persons name and ID number and a cancellation number and found out the trial bottle has not even been shipped yet!!! I used my debit card for this and will notify my bank and change my card number TODAY!!!...The old saying "if it sounds too good to be true it's probably not"...I will remember this in the future!!!
Su
  6th of Jan, 2009
The AcaiBurn I have been dealing with is in Des Moines, Iowa. I cancelled on the 17th and they said that the 59.95 was scheduled to be charged on the 22nd. I was still with in the 14day trial period. It didn't matter they hit my account anyway. I sent it back on the 19th. Priority Mail w/Delivery Confirmation...Guess what can't find my USPS receipt.

Backing up: I saved the original receipt from ACIBURN in my documents. I noticed a second 4.95 out of my bank account and thought what is this. I called the 800# associated with the charge on my bank statement and called and asked what this was for... some e-book. I said cancel and return my money now. Amazing, my money was back the next day. In reading over that receipt there were a total of 3 different charges that were going to be taken out - this is a copy of that info:

Thank you for your order! You will have 2 full weeks after you receive your tea (I got Pills) to evaluate the product and see the results for yourself before you are ever billed. If you’re still not sure after that, you are still fully covered by our 60-Day Full Money Back Guarantee (which doesn’t start until after the 2 full weeks).

Item Description Price Quantity Subtotal
AcaiBurn Capsules FREE 1 FREE
Free Trial 30-day Supply
Subtotal $0.00
Shipping & Handling $4.95
Priority Upsell $0.00
Grand Total $4.95

Your Shipment is estimated to arrive within 4-7 business days.
Order Information

user
password

Order Summary
Today with your purchase of The AcaiBurn System you will get:

1. AcaiBurn:After over 400 years of daily use in China, this secret ingredient has finally become known in the west as the secret to helping you blast off fat like never before. It’s natural... it’s safe... it’s convenient... and it gets results.

2. The AcaiBurn System:When you combine AcaiBurn with the weight loss system Raymond has invested over 500 hours researching, you have, in my opinion the best fat-fighting formula in the entire world. It’s been tried and tested to help countless Americans lose weight. My family follows it. My friends follow it. The people who work here at AcaiBurn follow it. And of course... I follow it myself.

3. Your Own Dream Coach:Our highly trained “dream coaches” will be made available to help you achieve your goals, and answer any questions you have about food, dieting, exercise, cravings, calories, metabolism, plateaus, self sabotage, binge eating and anything else you have on your mind. We’re serious about helping you, so you’ll get our personal assistance. And not many companies are prepared to offer you that.

4. $39 coaching program (Included FREE as a Special Bonus):$39 coaching program (Included FREE as a Special Bonus): As you probably know, weight loss is no easy task. It requires dedication and perseverance and the odd "kick in the pants" along the way. That's why we keep you motivated with our weekly "Fat Smash Roadmap" email newsletter designed to give you an unfair advantage.

Cancellation Information

800-659-3588 AcaiBurn (Shows on statement as AcaiBurn)
866-363-0187 Insider Secrets To Weight Loss (Shows on statement as Web Access Fee)
800-989-5907 Comprehensive Weight Loss E-book Package (Shows on statement as Membership)

Well I got a little concerned over this so called FREE BONUS (#4) I figured that was probably the first month free and called the other number and said better not take any money out for this. They said that it was cancelled and no other charges would occur.

Now I can't find the USPS reciept for the tracking number and can't find out just in fact weather or not they have received the return. Because when I call they say they have not received it. I SAY NOT. I have the USPS support working on this for me only through my debit purchase made at the PO at the APC machine. I am hoping that they can somehow find the info for me. I am frantically still looking for my reciept. I can't believe that I have lost it somewhere. I am always careful to follow my tracks.

I kept the envelope that it had come in. Cause I used it to send it back. The address is as follows if it helps anyone, meaning if you ordered from the same place with the same stupid email address' that are BOGUS
support @acaiburn.com there was another don't remember but BOGUS and if you ordered through WWW.ACAIBURN.COM

ACAIBURN USA
  13th of Jan, 2009

AcaiBurn - Unauthorized billing
AcaiBurn
acaiburn.com

The add says you get 14 day supply free trial. That's not the truth. I was told you only get the free trial if you decide to buy it. You have to send the portion of the bottle back to them after they have charged you and they suppose to be sending me the refund. I am getting such a run around. You have to send it by priority mail with tracking and verification on it. I can tell I am in for a long ride. I hope I can save someone from a lesson I hope I've learned from it.
Do
  14th of Jan, 2009
I order tthe Acaiburn on 1/1/09 and and as you know your free trial is not suppose to start until you receive the product.
I received my product 4 days later, so my trail period should not be over until 1/18/09. I called today to cancel, which is well within the 14 day period, and I was told my cc would still be charged the $60.00. I told the lady that the literture I read said nothing about this charge, that this was a free trial. She said it is but you are still charged for the first bottle. This is such a large ripoff !!! And such advertising fraud, THERE IS NOTHING FREE ABOUT IT! She would not give me the exact amount my account would be charged. I certainly wish I had read the comments about this product and the company before ever ordering. Oh, yes the lady agreed that I could return the remainder of the product and my account would be credited for the amount billed after they receive the product back. Now after reading these comments, I don't have any confidence in ever getting my money back. I only wish there was a way to
warn others before they made the same mistake.
Di
  15th of Jan, 2009
I honestly didnt see anything on the website I visited which refered to any of fees I have some serious doubt over that.. Surely you have to explictly consent by ticking a box with all the fees listed.. this is not the case.. it is a scam and is fradulent.
Da
  17th of Jan, 2009
acaiburn usa gave my credit card to its several partners. The latter started making unauthorized charges: $4.95 for web access and $1.00 for transaction fee and most recently $9.95 for membership fee. I called their 1-800- 659-3588 and was referred to insidersecrettips 1-866 363 0187. I called this number and was refunded $4.95 in the next three days. I am working on the other two remaining charges. I intend to file complaints with the attorney general office either in Iowa or Texas. Also with www.ftc.gov. At the same time I alerted my credit card company at accountatrisk@chase.com and disputed these unauthorized charges.
I suffered from both diabetes and cardiovascular complications and acaiburn usa only indicated these restrictions on the acaiburn label (after the fact)and not on the online advertizement. I returned the merchandise with delivery confirmation and will see what happen. Their return address is acaiburn usa, Armypost distribution, 3600 army post road, desmoines, Iowa 50321.
Da
  18th of Jan, 2009
Natrol Acai 1000mg available at Walgreens.com in bottle of 60 at $9.99. Can order online an return at local store. 30 day return policy. For more details check your your weekly Walgreens advertisement flyers.
Ju
  20th of Jan, 2009
I called the 800 number for insidersecrettips but was told they couldn't refund the $4.95. I found the terms of agreement from Acaiburn and read about this additional charge. All the terms are spelled out deliberately so the reader will miss reading the dollars charges (ie: four dollars ninety five cents). They are very deceptive in their practice, and getting money back will be a burden they're banking most comsumers won't bother to do! There should be someplace that the feds can receive complaints and shut these businesses down before they con't to rip off unsuspecting consumers. Anyone know if such agency exists? Plus, the $1.00 charge on my credit card statement (listed as Web Access), I can't even get through on that line to dispute! How is this company allowed to stay in business!!??
Jm
  20th of Jan, 2009
This is a FRAUD! I tried the AcaiBurn trial for 3.95 and NO WHERE in all the reading I did on the site did it say even if you cancel in the 14 day trial period that you would be charge almost 80 dollars for the bottle. I asked if I could send it back because my doctor did not recommend it with my current medication regimen and they said no. The bottle is still sealed! I wanted to try it because it says all natural and was told the ingredients are not all natural and never even received a pamphlet with it stating it may cause rapid heart beat. I suggest everyone purchase this at a store if they would like to try it because I am out over 80.00 and they will not assist me. This is the worst scam I ever ever came across. So either way, they make over 80.00 so there is no such thing as a free trial!
Se
  22nd of Jan, 2009

AcaiBurn - did'nt order; unauthorized charge
Acaiburn

Didn't order Acaiburn. Received Acaiburn, unauthorized billing for sample S/H $4.95, $59.95 for product and $4.95 for web access. Each charge has a different telephone #. When I called, they said these charges would be credited to my account. Just in case, I filed a dispute with my credit card company. After I found this complaint site, boy, am I glad it did. Seems once you order Acai trial offer, all other "acai" companys take the liberty to bill you for products you didn't order. Watch out for X Factor supplement, Acaiberry Max.
Cw
  22nd of Jan, 2009
I have ordered the sample bottle a couple of days ago. This was before I saw this website. Now I am really leary of the product. Has anyone really used this stuff and has it worked? What about any side effects? I'll check this site again for a response. Thanks for all your information.
De
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
All i ordered was the 15 day trial bottle of acaiburn and was only supposed to be charged shipping. I cancelled any futher shipmments before the 15 days were over next thing i know they have taken 59. 00 out of my checking account. How stupid of me to fall for this scam. Please be careful anyone else that reads about this wonderful pill. As the saying goes nothing is free. I dont see how these people sleep at night. This is just wrong.