Acaia Slim / Did not authorize charge

0 CO, United States Review updated:

I did not authorize a charge for these products. I only authorized a shipping charge for a free sample of Acaia Slim on 12/10/2008 and I didn't know I wasn't made aware that I must cancel within 14 days.

I NEVER authorized any charge for a free trial of Fit-Factory or any other such product! I do not authorize this charge that is shown on my bank statement for 29.95. I can't stop the free trial when I never authorized it in the first place. Consider this a stop everything to do with this company and report it since there are so many other complaints by others who have the same complaints.

I am reporting this to my District Attorney.

Sincerely,

Ellen Miller

Comments

• De
      11th of Dec, 2008
    Acaia Slim - wrongfully charged
    Acaia Slim
    Minnesota

I ordered the trial size after reading the fine print and not seeing anything about cancelling or that my card was to be charged. On Monday my account was charged $85.15. I called the 877-317-0189 and was put on hold. I was also given the email address of info.verifyyourorder.com, there's no such email.

• El
      12th of Dec, 2008

I am in the same predicament. Have you been able to cancel?
    I cant get through to anyone, any help?

• Ag
      19th of Dec, 2008

I had the same experience. I ordered the trial free sample and was billed $79.95 in addition to the shipping charge for the free sample.

• De
      2nd of Jan, 2009

Another fish sucked in by this scam, and have been billed without authorizing it...

• Ba
      5th of Jan, 2009

I ONLY ordered the trial. I received another shipment without authorizing AND there was no bill inclosed. So i do not know how much is being charged to my card. This is FRAUD. I will be calling my charge card and authorize them NOT to accept any charges from this company. I am trying to find a number to call and see what i can do. Also, something similar happened in the past and i had to cancel my credit card. If unsuccesful, i will turn to my attorney for direction.

• Ki
      6th of Jan, 2009

I also ordered a FREE trial and agreed to pay the shipping only. The shipping was charged to my credit card, then a few days later a second amount was charged for something I didn't order, then later I was charged a third amount of almost $80. I am very upset about this DISHONESTY and will be in contact with the company and take care of my credit card charges as well as make sure this is reported.

10th of Jan, 2009
    Acaia Slim - Unauthorized credit card charge

I ordered the 14 day FREE supply for $4.95 and was charged for a $79.95 30 day supply. There is no email reply confirming these charges, they did not give you a tracking number and then they enroll you to a recurring charge of $79.95 behind your back. There is no clear terms and conditions they just charge you no mercy. This is totally a rip-off and needs to be dealt with accordingly.

• Wa
      11th of Jan, 2009
    Acaia Slim - gharges not authorized
    Dri Acaia slim

I ordered a free supply of this procduct to try. They now have billed me twice without my authorization for 82.37. I had notified my credit card provider on the first charge and now they have billed me another. I tried to contact them to no avail. How do I get these charges to stop?
    Thank you sangjw@netzero.net.

3526 Linwood Avenue
    Royal Oak
    Michigan
    Phone: 2488421813

ONLY signed for the trial period - my card was billed $79.99 on December 22, 2008 and then ANOTHER $79.99 on January 6, 2009.
    This is fraud - I have already alerted my card company.

25th of Jan, 2009

I signed up for the free trial and then in 20 days I received another bottle in the mail that I did not order. My credit card was charged for $79.95 without me authorizing it or asking for more.

25th of Jan, 2009

After reading the horror stories on multiple websites, I checked out the BBB. Seems they already know about them

Reponses to Complaints:
    2 Refuse to adjust, relying on terms of agreement
    2064 Unanswered
    11 Unassigned
    2521 Total Number of Complaints

And that's just under SFL Nutrition. Acaicleanse300.com also has an 'F' rating with them. They've received over 3000 complaints and nothing has been done. There have been no lawsuits.

Check it out for yourself: http://www.seflorida.bbb.org/BusinessReport.aspx?CompanyID=7003895

• Cl
      30th of Jan, 2009

The vear same thing happened to me, only they waited and billed my CC for four bottles of the acaia slim and colon cleanse, I did not never see no terms or conditions of either product when I ordered the free sample, supposedly all I had to pay was $4.95 shipping and handling, what a total rip off these companies are, not only did they charge my CC for 4 bottles and they keep on coming, then they gave my cc number to the partner company fit factory and they charged me too $29.95 for something I never even clicked on, I have enough stress in my life without all this, with my Mother dying of altzheimers, I spent all day on the phone trying to cancel something I never ordered in the first place. I hope some Lawyer takes on a class action lawsuit and puts these fraudulent companies out of business so no more innocent people will fall game to this crap. A total rip off, don't even go to the website or you will be sorry.

• Sh
      20th of Feb, 2009

Hi Everyone,
    The same thing happened to me, I did not never see no terms or conditions of either product when I ordered the free sample, supposedly all I had to pay was $4.95 shipping and handling. My visa was charged 75.62 without my consent. I called 1-877-317-0189 and demanded that my account be closed otherwise I will report them to the better business bureau. I would suggest that everyone stip ordering products online, as these companies are trying to rip people.
    If I do not see my refund within the next few days, I will take further action and I suggest that you all do as well.
    Thanks
    SH
    Toronto Canada

• Cc
      7th of Jul, 2009

I should have checked the website for complaints before I ordered this product from acai-aslim.com . They say they will take returns but when they finally got around to calling regarding the product cancellation, they stated they refused to take the product back and return my money. So there is about $400.00 of my money they have and I have a useless product. I pray you do not get caught in the same trap. I pray you look for complaints and heed any and all warnings concerning this company. If you want to try acai-slim, try it through a different company. This one practices fraudulent business practices. I agree with the complaints I have seen so far. Too bad I did not look prior to ordering. There is nothing free from this company. Only after threats did they return my call and cancel the product.
    CC - Texas