Acai Burn / acai burn is a scam

I ordered package two which clearly states in the terms and conditions that it does NOT come with a membership and is one time charge, but they signed me up for the weightloss ebook package and insider secret tips package that have a fee every month. after talking to an online chat person she gave me two phone numbers to call to cancel both of those but the numbers dont exist. I then told her that if I could not cancel those I wanted to cancel my entire order. They sent a refund receipt to my email address and hopefully it will not have charged.

Jm

Comments

• Sp
      8th of Jan, 2009

Acai Burn Scam

Don't fall for the free sample order of Acai Burn. Like the rest of the people who have been complaining, I fell for their offer of a "free" trial. First they charged me the $4.95 for shipping and handling. Then they enrolled me in this weight loss tips program that charged me another $4.95 plus a $1.00 Web service charge. I had to call to cancel that. I never received any services for that bogus charge. Next, I called to cancel well within the 14 day time limit. They told me I would not receive any more charges; however, 3 days later, I had a charge for $59.95. Then I talked to another representative who told me to mail in my "free" sample with a reason why and then "maybe" I'd get my money back for the $59.95. She advised me to make sure that the package I mailed back was insured and tracked. So now I have to pay more money to do that. I've also called my credit card company and I've contacted the Better Business Bureau. It's been a month now and I'm still around $80 in the whole for this "free" sample. It's just not worth it. I don't understand how companies can continue to get away with scams like this.

• Ka
      15th of Jan, 2009

acai burn is a scam..your free sample turns into you spending a ridiculous amount of money on the automatic shipping of the product. My suggestion would be to go to iherb.com and purchase 100% acai tablets or drinks. They are very effective and affordable. All first time buyers get 5.00 off your first order if you use code mam959. Good luck!

• Ri
      23rd of Jan, 2009

I am now fighting credit card charges like the one above, just filed a dispute. I had cancelled after receiving the so called "free" sample and they still charged me. I tried to call all those numbers again and am just put on hold forever. BUYERS BEWARE DO NOT GO WITH ACAI BURN, THEY WILL SCREW YOU AND DO NOT CANCEL YOU WHEN YOU CALL AND CANCEL!!!

• Cl
      25th of Jan, 2009

### all ya'll haters. ACAI burn helped me lose like 1 pound in a year. I mean that is a LOT of weight. Shiiit. I'm now at a very thin 587. And the colon cleanse? AMAZING! I ### a whole hamburger. And a small baby. HOW THE ### DO THEY DO IT???? WOW ACAI BERRY WOW!

28th of Jan, 2009

YES!!! ACAI BURN IS A SCAM!!! CHARGES OVER, CHARGES OVER THERE!!! I CALLED NUMEROUS OF TIMES AND SPOKE WITH MORE THAN 8 DIFFERENT PERSONS!!! but i took care of everythiung... AND I GOT REIMBURSED FOR THE CHARGES

IF YOUR HAVING PROBLEMS THE ONLY ONE THAT TRULY HELPED ME WAS A LADY CALLED MARTHA (52952) THAT WAS HER AGENT CODE... SHE IS AMAZING... SHE PICKED UP THE PHONE I EXPLAINED TO HER AND SHE DID EVERYTHING IN 5 MINUTES... I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS PERSON TO FIX THE PROBLEMS... SO IF YOU STILL have problems, ask for MARTHA (52952) and everything will be fixed...

• Sj
      29th of Jan, 2009

I'm interested in speaking to this MARTHA person but i live in the UK how do I get hold of her? Because there was no mention of any more charges and i have never recieved my free trial. and now they've taken £44.59 out of my account (about 59.50 dollars)...

29th of Jan, 2009

MARTHA IS GREAT!!! SHE DID HELP ME.. BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO REACH HER... I JUST CALLED AND SHE ANSWERED BY HER NAME... MAYBE YOU SHOULD ASK FOR HER OR GET TRANSFERRED...

SHE SAVED MY ACCOUNT FROM BEING OVERRDRAFT... I LUV HER!!! LOL
    ON A NONSEXUAL WAY...LOL JUST FOR HELPING ME OUT

• Bs
      3rd of Feb, 2009

Acai burn has caused me to lose 24 pounds in 3 weeks! You pay 59.95 a month for the pills. This is a little steep but well worth comparisioin to other pills. The charges were listed on the terms and conditions you checked when you filled out the free off I read them. If you take both sets of pills it works. The only part i did not read was that after a month they shp 3 months in advance you can call and change that. Oh and all everybodys complaints come from the fact that they wanted something for free. You had to try the product if u don't like it return it after the 14 days and they will refund the money. So you think u should get to keep all of them for free? Stupid people piss me off!!! Read WTF you agree too!!!

4th of Feb, 2009

BSBSAXY IS AN IDIOT..OBVIOUSLY PEOPLE ARE GETTING SCREWED WHILE THEY TRY AND CANCEL THEIR SUSCRIPTION...YOUR SUPPOSED TO CANCEL BEFORE THE 14 DAYS...BUT I KEEP TRYING TO CANCEL AND THE DAMN PLACE KEEPS SAYING THEY ARE OPEN FROM 7AM-7PM...BUT THEY MACHINE KEEPS COMING ON..SO HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO CANCEL? THEY KEEP CHARGING ME SHIPPING FEES FOR SHYT I DONT WANT. THIS WHOLE THING IS A SCAM AND ITS HARD TO GET OUT OF...I DIDNT EVEN RECIEVE ANYTHING YET AND I ALREADY GOT CHARGED OVER $20.00..I READ EVERYTHING AND OBVIOUSLY THEY LIED.

• Je
      6th of Feb, 2009

This whole thing is a SCAM. Do not order from them and Do not even try the sample. They are rude and very uncooperative. The product is horrible I didn't lose any weight. I hope they get shut down because their business practices are dishonest.

• Ca
      7th of Feb, 2009

Recently my sister had informed me of this so called Acai Berry. She saw it on "Facebook" of all things and raved about it and all the great qualities it has. I gotta be honest... I wanted to know what it was about. Back about 2 years ago my father was told he had Cancer...so we had to study the foods he was able to have...and what types of environments allow cell's to grow. Goji juice was a big one...and had we have known about this he would have been on this. It has amazing componets in it.

I started doing some research on the products that Acai had. So I settled on Acai Burn. For me it's not about weight...but about getting something my body is missing and might be a good fuel agent. After reading the Acai Burn site over and over...and reading the "Terms and Conditions." I realized that I could spend the 4.95 to get signed up...and give it a shot and if all else failed...I could cancel in 14 days. I understood the membership plan and understood everything that was tied into the site I was viewing. I don't know how many times it goes over..."DO YOU WANT TO GO TO THE NEXT STEP????" I think it asks like 3 x before you enter in your MC information. The other thing is that yes...you're signed up for 2 other things in addition and are charged for them. But you can cancel them as I have. My order arrived on my door 1 week later to the date of ordering it online. I have only been charged what the site has stated. I have been on the pills now for 1 week and I notice a slight difference (Being that it's that time of the month...I didnt' really expect to notice anything). I am losing weight...(3lbs) which wasn't my plan but hey if it's needed then great! I am not craving sweets (my best friend) and I seem to have more energy. I do feel better! I can't dispute that. Only down side...I have gas...and it's only a down side for the people around me. :)

When ordering the pills it came with a guild. I do follow it purely because if I did spend any amount of money on it...I want to follow it and make sure I'm doing what it sugguests correctly. I do drinking the 8 glasses of water a day like Acai Burn sugguests and I do exercise. I try to clear my head when I'm stressed now instead of impulse eating. Which I use to do often. I don't eat after 7:00 so my body can rest for the next day. I make sure I get a full 8 hour of sleep ever night. And I make sure that I eat 5 meals a day. I also drink 100% pure Green Tea and Jasmin Tea. I've cut out the crap too. No White sugars, Starches and what not. It's important...they make you sleepy and feel like crap...who wants that...not me!!!

And yes for the smart ### that will read this...you can do that without the pill and feel good. But I am not taking the pill to lose weight. I'm taking it to feel better and give my body something more than what an average vit will do. Hopefully this will help those of you looking for answers. And for those it doesn't... keep complaining about what you were too ignorant to read when signing up.

So if you do decide to order it. Find out for yourself.

Aj

7th of Feb, 2009

The comments on this web site are true. The free trial is not a free trial. I am not sure if this is a good or bad product. I simply did not enjoy being charged $59.95 and reoccurring monthly charges, when I was informed that I would receive a free trial and that I would only incur shipping charges.

• Bl
      7th of Feb, 2009

well i do agree that they try to get away with more... but you really have to take your time and read the sites. at first i thought it would only be 4.95 but then i kept reading and it says that it will charge you 59.95 14 days later... as to the person that canceled within that limit and still got charged id be mad about that... but i dont think that people can get really mad if they dont read everything they are agreeing to. although if i didnt read it id be mad too. does anyone know if the acai burn stuff actually works though?

• Ke
      7th of Feb, 2009

I read and canceled immediately all the "BS" that is tacked onto the free trial. Called both numbers. You can't really fault the site, they spell out what you will be charged and give you the numbers to call to cancel. So if you are pissed, it's your own fault for not reading.

You really have to READ the fine print whenever you get these FREE TRIAL sites.

The first day I took it, I could feel a rush and a buzz but haven't felt much after. The "colonblow" that is marketed and sent with it, worked for about the first 2 days. I am not sure what the results will be. I'm in my first week of using it. I have found that this is not really the product to use if you are looking for a pure Acai product. This stuff has diet pill written all over it. It is using the Acai hype to sell it.

I have noticed an increase in memory - kinda crazy, I was remembering things that happened like 20 or so years ago quite clearly - usually I have no recollection like that but my memory seems clearer.

I found a 100% pure acai product and can't wait to use it to see how the real stuff will work!

In summary, the Acai burn may work but it is basically setup to make $$$ and to do damage to your credit card. Buyer beware!

• Di
      11th of Feb, 2009

I am on the fence as to whether I am for them or against... There business tactics suck but the product has worked for me. I have been taking the Acai Burn and the colon cleanse for about two weeks now and have lost 11 lbs. So it does work. BUT, they do try and screw you out of money. I always read everything before I agree or sign, however after doing everything they said, I was still charged. And when I called to try and figure out what was going on the guy I talked to was VERY rude. And have not seen any money back yet.

It does work but they are a shady "company". My advise is to find another Acai product. There are many of them out there and so far none of the others have such a bad reputation as Acai Burn.

Before buying, do your homework!!

14th of Feb, 2009

They screwed me too! buttheads!! but i tries to reach martha... instead i got ted. He was very helpful as well * i told him i never recieved it and got to keep my acai burn! :) *devious smile*

• Ss
      16th of Feb, 2009

The product has done nothing for me. And as for their billing/charges -WATCH YOUR STATEMENT CLOSELY!!! I have had to close my account due to the continued charges.

• Au
      17th of Feb, 2009

Buyer Beware! You will see charges on your credit card that you did not authorize. The Terms and Conditions do not reference these bogus charges. I called three times, spoke to three different people, and received three different answers to the same question. They could not answer another question of mine, which was “Where in the terms and conditions does it state I’m going to be charged for XYZ”. They said I don’t, we might have different terms and conditions. Are you serious? Do not do business with these people. This has turned into a nightmare.

18th of Feb, 2009

Does anyone have the phone number for the one that charges $4.95 shipping, $59.95, and also the $9.95 ebook membership? I found the ebook number and they are crediting my account, but can not find the Acai berry one...please help!

• Ha
      19th of Feb, 2009

What a boatload of stupid, lazy, fat people!

No. 1 - If you weren't so lazy, you would have been able to read the terms and conditions and know that the company is on the level. You have a 14 day free trial of a full one month supply. After the 14 days, you are billed $59.95. Maybe this is why you all are fat to begin with. Lazy!

No. 2 - Yes, there are two packages that come with your purchase. READ about them in the terms and conditions. They are there in full, plain view.

No. 3 - If there weren't so many fat, greedy people out there, the stupid folks who order five orders because they think they are scamming the company by getting a free product wouldn't be fooled when their dumb ### realize the free comes attached with a purchase. OOOPS! You mean it's not free and the five orders I placed now have to be cancelled because I now have five memberships? I thought this was free! HA HA! Joke is on you fat boy/girl!

No. 4 - Maybe you have enjoyed a little too much "FREE"! Free food? Stop stuffing your faces, get some exercise, stop trying to get stuff for free, read the terms and conditions of stuff you buy on the internet and for GOD's sake don't take out YOUR stupidity on the poor operators who have to take your call after you ###ED up! These folks have to correct YOUR mistakes and listen to stupid, fat people yell at them all day for something the stupid fat people got themselves into. It's not the operator's fault you are too stupid to read! Or that you are TOO LAZY!!!

No. 5 - Nobody cares if you are going to the BBB or your attorney or other agencies. If this company were a scam, they would worry about these threats. Being that their terms and conditions clearly state everything you need to know before you place your order, they have nothing to worry about. So get off of your self-righteous attitude and go for a walk you fat jerks!