Ab Circle Pro / back pain/ damage to lower spine

1 NY, United States Review updated:

I purchased the ab circle pro after watching how promising it looked on tv. I bought it from ebay knowing that with the TV adds you always get charged top dollar. got the maching set it up thinking wow this is great, used it a few times and felt the back of my arms hurting after the work out. after using it for about a week every day I noticed the screws to the bar holding the knee pads would get loose so I would stop my work out and have to do some work to tighten the machine. after working out which I had increased my workout the bar came loose and my legs were seperated completely which was very painful, I just had given up on the machine at that point. a few days later I started with lower back pain, it got so bad I could not get up out of bed it was coming from my neck all the way to my lower spine, this was in Nov.2009, I went to my primary care doctor and he ordered an MRI of my lumbar spine which showed a lot of damage I have it on a medical report, I have been to a chiro who said stop! the twisting motion did a lot of damage and I have been to over 15 doctors to rule out anything else and there is nothing that would indicate this was an existing problem. I am going to pain management next because it really has change my quality of life. DO NOT BUY THIS MACHINE I think we should start a class action against this company for thier failure to ensure the safety of the consumer who watches this promising commercial and then buys this machine, I wrote the seller on ebay and they did not hesitate to not only refund my money but they told me to keep the machine which says a lot since with ebay if you dont want something the return policy is you must send it back I still have the machine to show what is malfunctioning anyone who feels as I do please contact me at [email protected] they should be punished for trying to make money on something that can hurt you to the point that it has me. I am not the same anymore and live in pain everyday while they have that girl on TV making the public think this is the best machine you can purchase.

Comments

• Be
      5th of Feb, 2010
    Ab Circle Pro - Bruises and broken ribs
    Pennsylvania

Equipment fell apart while in use. Had beeen assembled properly! Knee support came off and I fell and bruised my hip and broke one rib. I weigh only 145lbs.

• Bl
      16th of Feb, 2010

I also had a problem with this machine. The left knee support came loose and my knee slipped out of the support. I landed with my chest hitting on top of the knee support and broke my ribs.

• Ne
      21st of Feb, 2010

I also had a problem with my pro circle machine. The left knee support came loose and flew across the room. I fell on my chest and left thigh and hip. I have large bruises on my leg and lower hip. This is a dangerous machine.

• Br
      1st of Mar, 2010

Me too see "bruised not broken"

• Wj
      26th of Mar, 2010

I also had this to happen to me also mind was the left side and my ribs got hurt but I also broke my left toe. We need to get together on this to see if there is a class action on it.

13th of Apr, 2010
    Ab Circle Pro - MISSING HANDLES

I PURCHASED AB CIRCLE PRO WHILE SPENDING THE WINTER IN MESA AZ. AT THE K MART STORE IN FEB. 2010. WHEN WE GOT BACK TO CANADA, MY HUSBAND ASSEMBLED IT AND FOUND OUT HANDLES WERE MISSING? WHAT DO I DO NOW.
    NOT GOING BACK TO MESA TILL NEXT YEAR.
    DISSAPPOINTED

• Jd
      8th of Jul, 2010

I also injured my lower back. Have Dr. appt for xray, and will probably need an MRI. This machine also caused severe fascia muscle damage, located in my right pelvic area. I have been suffering for 10 weeks, every day. I have had 3 GYN exams, 2 blood test, an MRI test w/dye, upper abdomen ultrasound, pelvic ultrasouund, and a transvaginal ultrasound. Next week I have an appt. for a RX/steroid shot in the muscle. Hopefully this will stop the pain. At first the pain was very severe, not able to get out of bed unless I used RX pain relief. While at 10 weeks, I still have pain every day, not as severe, but still a constant pain.
    After calling the company twice, once in May, and once in June, I still have not heard back from them. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bur. in CA. I was told the AB CIRCLE has 197 filed complaints. After exercising for 30 years, this machine has caused painful severe muscle damage to lower back, and pelvic area. I believe this machine should be investigated, and taken off the market. I also think AB CIRCLE should be held responsible for medical bills, lost work time, and for the damage, pain, and suffering the machine has caused. I agree with a class action lawsuit.

• Sc
      7th of Jan, 2011

Hi J, I am on day seven of severe neck and back pain from using the ab circle pro. My neck makes a cracking sound everytime I try to turn it to the left or the right. I can't find a comfortable way to put my head on my pillow at night because it hurts anyway that I turn it. I also feel like my left arm is out of joint or something, it hurts to move it or when I try to lift it up. I feel like I need a neck brace for support. I have never had anything like this happen to me. I used the ab circle pro two days in a row and by day three, I was in pain! I don't know what to do to make the pain stop. This product should be taken off the market.

• Ba
      19th of Feb, 2011

THERE IS A WONDERFUL PRODUCT CALLED " KNEE BOWL BOOTIES" IT IS AN AFTER MARKET PRODUCT THAT WAS DESIGNED BY A WOMAN ENGINERING STUDENT AT M.I.T JUST LOVE MY MACHINE NOW
    ITS ON THE NET

• Nr
      2nd of Apr, 2011

If they are available why would they make a difference with the ab circle pro if its safe? Why would I consider them if I was not informed they would make the product safe? And.. why not include them with the Ab Circle?
    Just a blow off to deny claims!! In my opinion!

• Nr
      2nd of Apr, 2011

Call 800-242-2923 ext 2549 for the Chartis Ins. Dawn Patz fax 866-695-0721 This thing is owned by READERS DIGEST!!! Look for my complaint with photos under 2 greenboard fractures on my Humerus. Claim denied because the product is not defective. What do you call knee pads that slip and causing the knee to come with it and causing fractures and knee injuries? Not defective because they are for comfort; rather say they are defective because they are not stationary and come out??

• Da
      23rd of May, 2011
    Ab Circle Pro - have not reaseaved my goods
    weir builders
    Southampton
    England, Hampshire
    United Kingdom
    Phone: 07709074496

order code 1364072 i orderd the ab circle pro on the 5th of may and it has still not arrived my name is mr david j weir my e mail address is [email protected] can you please let me know what has happend to my items and when they will finaly arrive thank you

• Di
      1st of Jun, 2011
    Ab Circle Pro - dangerous
    Brisbane
    Queensland
    Australia
    Phone: 0411267828

Twice I have slipped off the knee pads of my Ab circle pro. My knees are badly bruised. The knee holder is not safe..it needs to be designed so that knees can't slip off...maybe a strap, or Velcro...something to satabilise the knees in the holder.

• Em
      17th of Jun, 2011

I too bought a ab circle pro from Amazon by a company called paradise living they have taken the money from my account but i have not received the product nor did i get a confirmation e mail or ref number .
    My bank is sending me a dispute form but i need to know a bit more about this companuy. I f anybody knows about this company please let me know

• As
      4th of Aug, 2011

I bought the ab circle pro last month and use it everyday.. I can't help but notice that when I get done using the machine my abdominals don't even hurt or feel sore? Instead, my lower back literally ACHES. Am I using the machine wrong or is this a common issue?

• St
      13th of Jan, 2012

totally agree with AshleeD, after 30 minutes barely any abdominal pain and severe back pain for atleast two days, also bruised knees and pin falls out!! piece of sh**.

• Va
      11th of Mar, 2012
    Ab Circle Pro - Central locking pin is coming out due to which we are unable to exercise .
    Ab Circle Pro
    India

The central lock pin is coming out due to which we are unable to do exercise on the machine.This problem is caused may be due to loose nut and bolt connection which we are unable to resolve.Its been just one week that we have bought this product.Kindly help us out with this.Waiting for a response ASAP.

23rd of Mar, 2012

Hi, i brought the ab circle pro as a present for myself for my 29th birthday and it was the biggest mistake i ever made! within the first month of using the machine sporadically my lower back started aching. Had scans done on my back and i have bulging disc through my whole lumbar area. I havent had a pain free day since. It has completely ruined my quality of life and the enjoyment of time spent with my 4 young children. Every time i have visited a health professional they have asked my what had happened but i havent been able to pinpoint anything. It was only last week it clicked that all these problems came about after i started using the ab circle pro. Needless to say i'm back off to see them next week for a medical opinion on the cause of this problem. I want to start a class action cos this machine has literally ruined my life. Its been almost 12 months now. To those who are experiencing back pain STOP using it and go straight to the doctor!

• Ab
    Telford
    England, Shropshire
    United Kingdom
    Phone: 07809489229

Not happy with this as parts brake the part that has broken is the handle where u hold on to the welding has come away from the hole thing not happy

• Ju
      12th of Mar, 2013
    Ab Circle Pro - Too dangerous to use

A few years go I purchased an Ab Circle Pro, paid $300, and believe
    me this is one of the worst purchases I had ever made. I am considering
    and probably will stash this piece of crap out by my trash container
    for pickup by the garbage men.