800-684-8429 / 6 months of phone &stalking&!

It has been 6 months!

My cell phone will ring about 10 times every day, from this number "[protected]", answer the phone, machine message "please hold, all of our operators are busy..", hold on minutes, finally some agent, ask you "Kim?", you say "NO, this is my cell phone, for almost a year now, old database, or wrong number, please remove my number from your system." answer "OK." Five minutes later, phone rings, this number again... It has been freaking 6 months! I googled this number came back with this company name "HSBC Bank".

Who are you? What do you want? Why you wont quit? There is no Kim!!! I have told our agents all over again and again, I am not KIM. Stop calling! I just a freaking person carrying around a cell phone, why cant you stop calling me???

Someone please help me, I am driven nuts!

Comments

Ti
  13th of Oct, 2006

The calls are from Household Bank's collections department. "Kim" is probably the person who had your cell phone number before it was issued to you, and apprarently she has a hard time paying her credit card bill.

I began receiving these same calls, several times per day, when I was late in paying my cc bill. Even after I took care of the matter, I continued getting the calls.

Calling cell phone numbers for purposes of debt collection may be a violation of the TCPA (I think it's the "telephone consumer protection act"). Calling repeatedly in the same day probably IS a violation of the Act. I'm researching it further right now, and may try to organize a class action.

Pa
  14th of Oct, 2006

I too get these calls several times a day. The one time I answered they asked for "Kim" and I told them they have the wrong number. I doubt there really is a "Kim". I wonder if there really is a Household Bank. These calls have been coming since the day I got this number. I have had this cell number for only two months and it is a private business number in the 937 area code that only 3 people have.

Jo
  27th of Jan, 2007

I'm getting the same thing... I believe this number belongs to HSBC bank. I've never had an account with them.

Ma
  11th of Feb, 2007

HSBC Bank also known as Orchard Bank, phone # 800-684-8429. These people call my house from 8 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., seven days a week, about 4 times an hour!! Unbelievable, I know. I have had it. I never answer the phone because I don't recognize the number and they never leave a message. Now I understand from Complaints.com that others are getting the same harassing phone calls all so someone can "sell" a credit card account.

9th of May, 2007

I am now getting these calls also and I have no business or credit with them. I am suing. You know you can get 1000 dollars for every violation... unwanted call. This is harassment. I will be rich in no time. Keep a call log or just get your phone bill that list all the calls. You get paid for mental anguish and emotional distress. And to think that I have been playing the lottery to no avail.

Ed
  6th of Jun, 2007
800-684-8429 - Random 800 number

I-800-684-8429 appears on my cell phone display and answer the call; all I get is a recording "please hold for the next operator we have and important matter to discuss with you". Please!! I'm not wasting cell phone minutes to be put on hold from a company that won't ID themselves.

Kl
  18th of Jun, 2007
800-684-8429 - Annoying multiple daily calls

Tired of receiving multiple daily calls from these people. It starts at 8:30 am and goes through entire day to 9:00 pm. They are not even there when you do answer.

Ha
  21st of Jun, 2007

Hi, I just Googled this number, since I have been getting calls non-stop, and found this site. Answered once an got the phone put down in my ear. Anyone had any luck with this yet?

Na
  3rd of Jul, 2007

Here's the TCPA link you can complain to FCC

Ra
  5th of Jul, 2007

This is Household Bank, HSBC. They only call when you owe them money.

An
  8th of Jul, 2007

I just started getting these phone calls and have for about a week. They always call me 2 times in a row. I am not sure who is calling because I don't answer and will not because they never leave a message. The calls start early morning and even on Sunday everyday!

Ka
  19th of Aug, 2007

This number has called me for 2 weeks straight, and literally about 5-6 times a day! It is Sunday morning right now and they just called me. I REALLY do not appreciate being harassed on a Sunday morning. I have a credit card with them and I do not know why they keep calling me!!! Everything is current and up-to-date. I monitor my account online all the time.... they need to leave me alone! I am not one to yell at people, but the next time they call they will wish they hadn't called me. They NEVER leave a voicemail asking me to call for any reason. I don't know what they want. When I answer it is silence and nobody says anything. It is getting extremely frustrating.

Dw
  1st of Sep, 2007

Four times today, Saturday, and the sun is still high in the sky. They never leave a message. The one time I was able to talk to someone, she was pretty hazy with answers to my questions. There must be a way to stop them from calling my unlisted number. I've put it on every Do Not Call List I can find.

Dw
  2nd of Sep, 2007

Today is Sunday. For religious reasons, I do not discuss business on Sunday, even with someone I know.
These people called and did not leave a message every hour starting at 11 a.m.
My next step will be to obtain a new unlisted number, then have it, too, put on any and every Do Not Call List I can find.
This number and a couple of others are driving me up the wall!

St
  8th of Oct, 2007

They call about 10 times a day and never once have ever left a message. It is everyday starting at 8am and doesn't end until 9pm. They even have been calling on Sundays.

Li
  13th of Oct, 2007

They keep calling. Any suggestions?

Je
  24th of Oct, 2007

I have been getting the same number for 3 weeks straight, 4-5 times a day, does anyone know how to get rid of this problem, how to have that number NOT call anymore. it's really really irritating!!

La
  3rd of Dec, 2007

im sick of the hsb calling me feom 830 am till 9 at nite yes ima little behind but the calls need to stop now

An
  9th of Dec, 2007

I GET THESE CALLS AT MY WORKPLACE. I JUST HANG UP WHEN IT SAYS PLEASE HOLD, I WILL NOT HOLD FOR SOMEONE THAT CALLED ME. ALSO, WRITE DOWN THE NUMBERS OF THESE CALLS AND JUST DON'T PICK-UP THE PHONE, THEN ERASE THE CALL FROM YOUR IN BOX.

Gb
  11th of Dec, 2007

Welcome to the scumball world of HSBC!