5/3 Bank / raping customers of money

1 Cincinnati, OH, United States Review updated:

5/3 Bank sucks! They are constantly raping people's bank accounts. If the money is deposited and they decide you have overdrawn--even though it is there, they will take your money. They just do not care about the customer. Run from this company. I will be your worst customer service night mare. I tell everyone I talk to (and I work with a lot of clients in Cincinnati) never to bank at 5/3 and to withdraw there money and find accounts elsewhere. Run! I suggest everyone pull their accounts out of this "business" if you want to call them one. You suck!

Pj

Comments

• Gr
      30th of Jun, 2008

I learned the hard way too 2 times... Once at about $400.00 and another last year at $533.00

My mom lost $750.00 last month.

Stay away from this Banking Service.

• Wi
      5th of Oct, 2008

The late fees they have on anything is out of this world. I have never heard of anything so messed up. My father-in-law has a vehicle financed through them, and he was 4 days late on a payment. After it was all said nad done, it ended up costing him $140.00 in late fees for 4 days. They don't notify you until it is too late that if not padi by seven days the fee doubles. I personally have been robbed on my checking account by them. I depositted money one day, and some checks went through that night after I depositted money. They bounced 4 checks because they say the money wasn't through my account. When I went to the bank they were extremely rude, and I was told that they run the highest amount first so this way the other checks would bounce. They actually told me that. Thats like a crook telling me he is going to rob my house later. They suck as a bank, and the people that work in several of te locations around me are so rude. I hope they go out of business, it would be a saving grace for many people who think this bank is so great.

• Am
      17th of Nov, 2008

5/3 is the greediest bank i have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. On two separate occasions, my account was overdrawn- due to their shoddy banking practices. Once costing me $132 and the other costing me over $250! both times- even though they agreed it wasn't my fault- they would not reverse all of the overdraft charges. it was against "corporate policy". Apparently, corporate policy is to screw the customer over in every way possible. i am closing my account with 5/3 and am looking forward to the day when they finally go under!!!

• Ak
      21st of Jan, 2009

Carrollwood Branch in Tampa, FL has the worst manager!! She was very condescending and rude. 1st time I dealt with her was when she waived overdraft fees from my account that technically never was overdrawn and then responded, "I will NEVER remove another fee for you again." And she was serious, even when her employees made a mistake by telling me that there was not going to be a hold on my deposit. The 2 employees, also at the Carrollwood Branch were wrong, there was a hold and now I have to pay for their mistake. Thank goodness my friend was with me so I have an additional person to help spread the word about how much 5/3 SUCKS!! Oh they get more pathetic. When I called the bank, the representative who made the deposit for me told me that he wasn't wrong because technically there was no hold on my deposit, the check was just floating for a day (haa haa) And to top it off, the deposit was excess funds from my student loan, which is from 5/3's

• La
      21st of Jan, 2009

I agree 100% They are terriable!! They hit my account for $133.00 In "service fee"s. Not overdraft.. i had 1 pending debit card purchase out! It was a $12 purchase at the gas station. It didnt even clear yet and they charged me the money. This bank is crazy. I tried to reason with the bank that i had banked at for 10 years.. and they wouldnt reverse the charges. Needless to say.. i have seen left 5/3 bank and telling everyone that i know they are going broke and to switch banks. so far i have gotten 14 other people to change there accounts. I think everyone should do the same. This bank is crazy and the only way to stop them is to have people close there accounts. Please.. pass the message on so we can stop this bank.

31st of Jan, 2009

I'm from Cleveland, and I agree 100%. This bank and it's culture and people are just the WORST...

• Eg
      25th of Jan, 2010

I just left my local branch office after reconciling a fee dispute. Unfortunately, I need to return there tomorrow to close my account because the reconciliation transactions were still pending. This was the final straw that broke the camel's back. I had been bitten several times in the past for small amount and was able to resolved them. I have gotten tired of constantly having to watch to see if they have screwed up my account. I would hate to have an account with 5/3 and not have Internet access to monitor my account. Had I not had access this time, who knows how much it would have cost me at $8.00 waiting for my monthly statement to show up. That is $8.00 a day for a $0.48 mistake. Luckily, I caught it at the $56 mark. This is one bank that needs to go out of business. I switched to Chase as my primary bank 2 1/2 years ago and haven't had any issues with them. I just hope 5/3 doesn't screw up my account by tomorrow so I can close out the account.

• Me
      4th of Nov, 2010

Biggest rip-off in the banking industry. I fell behind on my Home equity line. I have direct deposit, so the money is available Fridays. I take $500.00 and move it to my account I pay my bills with and pay 5 things. On Monday I check my balance and my account is $163.00 overdrawn. They decided that on Friday after my deposit went in they would take $347.00 to pay my equity loan and then causing 5 things to overdraw. I called them and told them that I would like them to reverse the overdraft fees that they had caused and they told me they couldn't. So let me get this right, you can take money out of my account---causing it to be overdrawn and they you can charge me for the overdraft----WTF. Changed banks the next day.

• Fy
      9th of Aug, 2013

I agree, 5/3 bank sucks. I had let my account get low but I checked at 9:00 at night and I was good. I knew I would be fine because I had a pay check going in at midnight. I get up today and have a double overdraft fee and 1600.00 in the bank at the same time and they wont help me out. For some reason they justify this. I say F 5/3 I'm going to Huntington to set up am account tomorrow.

• Wh
      3rd of Sep, 2014

I pulled our personal and business accounts from 5/3 bank. We originally had "Totally Free Checking, " but they changed the accounts and we were being hit with monthly fees. Then, to top it all off, they charged my business service fees for depositing more than $5000 in cash in one month. WHAT??? That is INSANE! Who charges fees on DEPOSITS??? Remember when "Cash was King?" Well, apparently cash is too much of a hastle for 5/3 Bank, so I suggest you take your business elsewhere. We have since opened accounts with Huntington Bank. MUCH better.