Citi Trends — customer service
I went to your store in Texarkana on 7/27/2019, purchased a scrub uniform set ( so I thought), I attempted tried on the purchase later that evening and discovered the pant was two sizes smaller than the top. I thought no big deal, my receipt said I had 30 days to get refund or exchange. So I went back on 7/28/2019 @ approximately 12 pm when the store open. I spoke to a gentleman about my issue with the "set", and asked since the sizes didn't match, I would like to just exchange the pants. He told me "NO, THAT YOU BOUGHT A SET AND THAT IT WASN'T HIS FAULT HIS HELP IS LAZY AND DIDN'T MATCH THEM CORRECTLY." I told him that, that was my point and it didn't make since since they were not the same size, therefore it really wasn't a set. He asked if I wanted to speak to the other manager on duty. I said, "yes, please ". He then returned with a woman. I explained my situation, she told me "NO, YOU BOUGHT A SET, YOU CAN'T EXCHANGE HALF OF THE SET." I then said fine, I would like a refund, the corporation number and both their names. That's when I heard a man behind me say, "you don't need nobody's name, you don't even belong in here. This is a black's store and you need to carry your WHITE ASS on out of here." I calmly said, sir this isn't your business, and asked the managers if they were going to tolerate that behavior. The gentleman whom, I first started the transaction with, told me that the man could say whatever he wanted too. He couldn't help if the man was (stumbling over his words), so I said ignorant? He said yes. Finally I got the females name, Shonda. And I insisted that she go ahead and wait on the man, because he would not stop insulting me with prejudice remarks. She did, and I continued my refund with the gentleman. I then put my hand on my concealed weapon, never revealing it, and said as I'm walking out the door, " I guess I'll have to protect myself since, no one in here will defend me". And I left, terrified!
1. I didn't know that your store doesn't allow mangers to to make such irresponsible decisions.
2. I wasn't aware that your store was racist.
3. I am mostly appalled that they allowed it, and in some ways encouraged it.
My next question what will your corporate office do about is?
More Citi Trends Complaints & Reviews
- Citi Trends - return policy
- Citi Trends - return
- Citi Trends - lost my money
- Citi Trends - staff barely speaks english and refuses to sell the chosen stuff
- Citi Trends - management (regional and district manager)
- Citi Trends - layaway plan
- Citi Trend, Waukegan Illinois - clothes, shorts and shirts
- Citi Trends - being rushed out the store
- Citi Trends - customer service
- Citi Trends - rudeness