Menu
Chess.com Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Chess.com
reviews and complaints

www.chess.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

4.1 155 Reviews

How responsive is Chess.com's customer service?

2 Resolved
29 Unresolved
Very poor 🤒
We don't know much about how Chess.com handles customer complaints outside ComplaintsBoard, but what we see here, on our website, is quite disappointing. We think there might be reasons for the company's actions (like not knowing about the complaints), and we would be happy to see them among customer-focused businesses that easily solve customer problems. But until that happens, we ask reviewers to be cautious when dealing with Chess.com and using their services, and to carefully read the experiences of other customers on ComplaintsBoard, because who is warned is armed, you know! 💪
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Chess.com has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Chess.com reviews and complaints 44

Sort by:

Newest Chess.com reviews and complaints

12:00 am EST

Chess.com Mixed Experiences on Chess.com

As someone who loves playing chess, I have had mixed experiences on Chess.com. While the platform offers a great opportunity to play with people from around the world, there are some concerning aspects. The issue of fair play and rating manipulation has been raised by several users, which can be frustrating for those looking for genuine competition. On the positive side, the platform provides a variety of features like puzzles, lessons, and online play, which can be beneficial for improving one's chess skills. However, the presence of cheaters and the lack of prompt customer support have been highlighted as significant drawbacks. Overall, Chess.com has its strengths and weaknesses, so it's essential to approach it with caution and be aware of the potential challenges you may encounter.

10:25 pm EST

Chess.com Truly educational

With or without membership they offer a very professional website offering the game of chess and expert advice, training materials, and an opportunity to play live or play a move a day game.

9:12 pm EST
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Chess.com Genuinely cool site!

Genuinely cool site!

I love the interface, very smooth and generally quick and has it by far the strongest players of any free chess site.

There seem to be a lot of troll reviews on this...

Is Chess.com legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Chess.com as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 6% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Chess.com stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Chess.com should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Chess.com earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Chess.com achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Chess.com. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and 2 emails, as well as 5 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Chess.com has received 11 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

A long registered date for chess.com can be seen as a positive aspect for Chess.com as it indicates a commitment to maintaining the website and its domain name for a long period of time. It also suggests that the company is organized and has taken steps to secure its online presence.

The age of Chess.com's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Chess.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

We looked up Chess.com and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

Adult content may be available on chess.com. It is important to be aware of potential risks and to use caution when accessing or engaging with such content.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Chess.com has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 6% of 31 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Chess.com. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
  1. Pros
    2. Occasional server overload issues
    3. Ads can be intrusive for non-premium members
    4. Some features locked behind paywall

Chess.com Great Chess website, for the most part free

Great Chess website, for the most part free. You can play people from all around the world, play standard blitz or correspondance chess. I have no idea what website the complainers are talking about

Chess.com Great project and communication

I am loving chess.com. There is great lessons and the interface is easy to use. I sent a query and they responded quickly and were very understanding, managing to solve the issue. I highly recommend Chess.com

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Chess.com Great place to play and it's free

Great place to play and it's free. If you want to run your own tourneys, look at stats, you have to pay for that. But there's three membership offers which are all cheap. Great site and for me the best in the world for online chess.

Chess.com Bugs galore

Team, I am a big fan of chess.com. I am not sure whats happening but the last three games I played were bugged.

The player on my right looses a turn, and my clock starts counting. Now am I able to make a move - No. This happened for the last two games and I lost points for no fault of mine.

I got snapshots if it helps.

L
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Chess.com Excellent chess site with varied lessons and tactics

I play many many games on chess.com and have had an excellent user experience. I have upgraded to diamond membership and love the videos, lessons, tactics and training. I have recommended it to all my chess friends.

My son and I also love the TV content, including the excellent coverage of the Isle of Man tournament in October 2019.

Chess.com Ridiculous Reviews by Others

I have used the free version and have paid for the full version also. I can only say that I have come back to it almost two years later and the site has improved once again. So many features. Most bad reviews are ridiculous. "I kept losing". "My rating went down". "Time was rigged". Ridiculous defaming of a wonderful company doing so much to further chess. Keep up the good work.

D
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Chess.com More than selling, they create friendship ties

I am a subscribed user of www.chess.com and through this site I met TeeSpring, and I acquired some products, all good, only that I had a problem with my size of the products, and I felt obfuscated, but I communicated my problem and if I could help in some way. The truth that they solved everything to me without some additional cost for me. I recommend them for their seriousness and integrity and be coached in the client.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Chess.com A terrific education tool! I Disagree with many reviews! Please Read This

Chess.com has the first step of a tournament! A great source in my family.To be honest, I do have one con. The chat could be rude. I have got called a "loser". And somebody said "Bad Move". No problem with that just go in to settings and turn off chat. If you agree with this review and download the app 95% turn off chat. I do like that you can play some one and choose up to 30 min. A big question is "Are they bots?" No they are not. My proof is that I coordinated with a friend and searched the account and guess what, It worked.If you don't know how to play. Play a lesson. If you want to use your skills play a tactic. BTW you only have to pay $5 for more tactics everyday. Please show chess.com support by making an account or as many as you can. I hope my review convinsed you to get Chess.com.

Chess.com CHESS DOT COM SUCKS BIG TIME

The first review I see is right on. The concept is GREAT. The issue is their software SUCKS and they refuse to address it. With the sophisticated software they have invested OUR MEMBERS MONEY in, every day I am playing on the site I have the same problem everyone is complaining about. It is all the time for months. With no rhyme or reason We get " frozen " or " locked out." You go to move a piece and nothing happens, nothing can movew regardless of ehat piece I click. ALL THE Time. I am on my cell and I have to go to my PC and nothing. Once in a blue moon that will work as the time keeps ticking and you opponent is getting pissed too. Then all of a sudden after hitting every piece trying to move it will all of a sudden connect for a second and a piece you have no want to move will click and mess with you as it works one minute and then does not. GOOD SPORTS huh? Then to really piss you off both computer and cell freeze up, you can"t move a piece, and they stick salt on your wound with the insulting ridiculous childish " How to be a good sport " email Crap everyone has seen. Of course their Customer Service Dept hides in their virtual world behind the Internet because of course they offer no phone number because they know how many PISSED OFF PEOPLE would be calling. I have sent Many emails back and forth with AMANDA. Try it. See the fluff. Corrective action talks and BS walks. All you get is that it is a " CONNECTIVITY ISSUE, Are you kidding me? I have been in business for over 30 years and wonder how a Company can stay in business with a review rating of 2? Con Artist evil intended People running a company would do nothing to and not care about such horrible reviews and PISSED OFF PEOPLE, do nothing to correct
Such a wide spread problem and just fix the " GLITCH " If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and swims like a duck, guess what? Fix the problem CHESS.COM and I will be the first to thank you and spread the word. Actions speak louder than words. Your actions CHESS.COM are a direct reflection of your disgusting reviews. So far your actions are FRAUDULENT, NEGLIGENT, IMMORAL, UNACCEPTABLE. People that read my review can fall for your SCAM if they chose. Hopefully this will either catch CHESS.COM 's attention and they will fix the glitch or help millions of people worldwide see this Co. For what it is. As a Licensed Maryland Home Improvement Contractor I would be put in JAIL if I take money and do not produce what I promise because it is considered Criminal, Felonious, and called FRAUD and EMBEZZLEMENT. The only difference here is that it is FEDERAL and INTERNATIONAL. Bernie Madoff thought he was too big and Powerful to be touched. Well, we all know what finally happened to him. He is on a long " ALL EXPENSE PAID VACATION. That is exactly where the Principles of CHESS.COM will will " Vacation " when enough people get fed up and complain to the Attorney Generals. Am I crazy or is it not stupid to allow so many complaints, so many bad reviews, and do nothing to address such a simple issue to correct as " CONNECTIVITY "? Does anyone checking them out not agree? They took Bernie down, They took Silverstein down, and that is exactly what should happen to the PRINCIPLES of CHESS.COM if they continue to think they are above the Law and untouchable. I have learned many lessons in my journey through business and life many things. With the Principles and Officers of CHESS.COM I think the most appropriate is " THE BIGGER THEY ARE, THE HARDER THE FALL ". Anyone world wide that sees my post? Let's force CHESS.COM to fix their " GLITCH " or help me " take them out ".

Chess.com Dirty Secrets of Online Chess Clubs

To get rated as a chess player, you have to pay to join a tournament. You also might have to pay to travel and stay in a different city. You have to play a lot each day. All this trouble just to get a real FIDE ratings, but then you have a better alternative; you play online for free and get rated without spending a dime and you play at your own convenience too. Sounds great, right? So you do this, and instead you get so disappointed; players seem to be full of cheaters, ratings systems seem so iffy, and the moderators are eager to close players' accounts. You get so discouraged by the whole experience and you end it by writing a negative review and close the door behind you, but you never even knew what you were really dealing with.

Every time you went to an online chess club and offered a game, you quickly got a response from some other visitor eager to play a game, right? Wrong again! Online chess clubs such as Chess.com and Lichess.org and others are not there for the love of chess or chess players; they are there to make some money as you know. But the administrators of these websites have some serious problems running them. Visitors to the chess websites want to set games their way not someone else's way; they want to play when it is convenient for them, also visitors to these websites don't arrive at the same time in order to play. Programmers/ administrators are not chess players and cannot spend their time waiting for visitors or playing them, so they created a solution: use a group of chess addicts as ready players and moderators for the visitors.

So actually, you never even played any other visitor to these websites. You only played their so called moderators each and every time! The moderators only get to pick games offered by the visitors, but they have powers given to them by the website administrators. A moderator always get more clock time than you do as a visitor. He can cheat you by opening with a chess engine without suffering any consequences. But most importantly, a moderator can close your account. Now, if you are a talented chess player, you will get excellent rating from playing FIDE tournaments and maybe make some money too; something to feel proud of. But if you played so well on online websites against the moderators, you will only get your account shut down in a heart beat. See, moderators are losers. They play chess a lot since they are failures at life achievements. But they even suck at chess too, and when someone keeps beating them at the only vent that makes them feel intelligent, they retaliate by closing threatening accounts.

The rating system that these websites use is not the real Elo rating system used by FIDE that rate grand masters. It is the Glicko system that is riddled with problems, and as a player you must have experienced this junk system when you realized that you cannot rely on it to tell you the real strength of your opponents. But the worst part is the fact that talented chess players are quickly stopped in their track by the moderators who remain as the only permanent rated players. This is why the best online rated players by such websites do poorly when they try their luck playing real FIDE tournaments.

Now you must be wondering, tens of thousands of players logged to these websites cannot be wrong. After all, Chess.com claim that they have over a 100,000 players logged to their website at a time and Lichess have similar claims, yet you have the eerie feeling that you are playing the same people over and over. Actually, you are right this time! These numbers are totally fudged. In reality, these websites only get few visitors at a time wanting to play chess, and their games get picked up by the few website moderators who are the same cheaters you kept running into again and again. Bots are used to create the illusion of many games offered by visitors. But in the end, we get what we pay for; free online chess rating that is not worth the free bad feelings we get from it!

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Chess.com Trial Membership is difficult to cancel and they charge you for a year up front, so even if you cancel, they still get

Trial Membership is difficult to cancel and they charge you for a year up front, so even if you cancel, they still get your money.

Read full review of Chess.com and 2 comments
2 comments
B. Kuhlman
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I used chess.com to play with family members. One day my account was blocked for fair use. It was quite comical, as they analyzed a game between us. There own post analysis software said i made two mistakes, but played at much higher rating than my 1500 series rating. I only played him and other family members. You get this email that says admit to cheating, admit to cheating: like a chess mafia ... Ive probably played 1000s of chess games against my 80 year old father ... many of them the same style of games. They are so fearful of cheating, it hurts the website and game play. I gladly moved on from this non-sense website and app. It seems their post analysis software is used to bar you, their policy is to accuse cheating first, and then maintain that position. They are overly confident in analysis software that they lost touch with the human art of chess.

S. Mills
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Chess.com is a wolf in sheep's clothing. While I was playing on their site I had given my PayPal info to them for a trial of diamond membership. I cancelled the membership in time to not have been charged. At least that's what I thought but in fact they're still charging my account. Luckily my PayPal is connected to a dead debit card. Otherwise I would be out nearly $200 for a membership I'm not using. What's even more interesting is the fact after having an argument with the chess.com support staff they banned my account. Yet I'm still receiving charge notifications from PayPal. It's almost as if in spite of me not having an account they're abusing my payment information as revenge for not liking their site and their support. This seems likely because it seemed as if the charges stopped after awhile but then after having been banned they continued. Only after having been banned did the charges continue. Don't give this company your payment information by any means. God forbid you show a dislike of how they run their site. You'll end up being treated the same as me. If you're at all active in the chess community you've probably noticed how nearly all popular chess streamers are streaming chess.com only. This is because chess.com has bought them out with contracts not because it's a good site. Don't get me wrong it's a decent UI and they have decent features. Yet the shady business practices should not go unrecognized. If you wish to support a chess website spend your money elsewhere. Chess.com will use your bank account as if it's theirs whenever they decide you've done them wrong. The amusing thing is that all I did was speak out about how they run the site. Please take your business elsewhere they don't deserve your hard earned money.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Chess.com I go on chess.com every day, and would give it five stars - but they are not investing enough into writing and

I go on chess.com every day, and would give it five stars - but they are not investing enough into writing and implementing programs that would detect cheating. I think that approximately 1/3 to 1/2 of every game I play - and I usually play quick ones, as its a bit less easy for opponents to cheat - involves cheating. Most of this is via computer programs - including those they provide onsite! Theres not even clear expectations posted in each tournament pointing out what cheating is! Frequently people rated under *** win or are placed in tournaments. Its a serious problem for games within a country and between countries, which they host, with a day or more per move. Cheating has become the norm - theres no advice or warning not to cheat at the start of tournaments - probably because theres almost no consequences for doing so. Occasionally I get a message from chess.com, saying theyve given my rating an extra point or so as one or more of my opponents have been detected cheating. Id rather hear that their account had been suspended for a time or erased because of cheating, and no new accounts could be created from the *** address for a length of time. For a time they allowed you to report cheating, but theyve removed this as a possible response to each game - too much hard work and/or money to collate and supervise? You should also be able to block cheating accounts so you dont have to play them again. This would be an excellent site if they put real effort into this. They are too proud of getting numbers of users up, to worry about the quality of service where it really counts. You could use all the services they offer to improve your chess - but not realise youve improved, because of the cheating. The few IMs I know advise me to play on other sites. When you he site crashed because of a flood of new free users, there was no voiced concern that paying subscribers were locked out. This site could be fantastic!

D
Replied
Chess.com has left an official reply on this complaint.

Chess.com I was billed for a full year subscription, they say they have 30 day money back guarantee if we want to cancel

I was billed for a full year subscription, they say they have 30 day money back guarantee if we want to cancel. I want to get my money back I was billed for a full year's membership. I write to get a refund and have not heard back for a week. I signed up for a week's free trial of chess.com's premium membership. I didn't get a notification that i was going to get billed then i get an email confirming i got billed, Chess.com has a 30day money back guarantee if you change you mind but i don't seem to be getting through with any emails and i also messaged the guy who deals with billing situation on his chess account. I got an email confirming they received my email 3 times and that they'd get back to me and still nothing. I am in need of this money, i am a student and it is a very expensive amount for a whole year. I still have not heard back a whole week later. My username on chess.com is *** and have been a user since 2020. I like chess.com i do, i would continue to use it if this is resolved and i am given my money back with the diamond membership revoked. i know it isn't the recent chess boom that makes them slow with replies cause ive researched this has been a problem for years.

Read full review of Chess.com and 2 comments

2 comments
T. O'Conner
Mar 06, 2024 9:51 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Cancelled my free trial. 2 hours later, I was billed for a full year's membership. I write to get a refund and have not heard back for a week. I signed up for a week's free trial of chess.com's premium membership. On the last day of my free trial, I cancelled my membership. I was sent an email asking if there was anything they could do to get me to stay: proving that they had received my cancellation. Two hours later, I received an email saying that I had been billed for a full year's membership. I wrote to customer service, saying there must have been a mistake. Despite the fact the automatic response said I would be contacted within 48 hours, I still have not heard back a whole week later and the *** are still on my credit card. My username on chess.com is knightsoftheOtable and have been a user since 2012 with over 1,700 games played. I am considering leaving the site for good after this fiasco.

S. Feest
Mar 05, 2024 12:24 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I am requesting a refund for an unwanted yearly subscription. No response from their customer service department. I signed up for a free trial period of chess.com. I canceled the subscription on Jan 15th which was supposed to be the last day of the trial, yet I got charged the same day the amount of *** for a yearly subscription. Not even a monthly subscription, but a twelve month subscription. I contacted their billing department thru their website help, and also directly via e-mail to *** but I am yet to receive a response. My last request was yesterday February 2nd at 6:52pm ET. Account name:

M
Replied
Chess.com has left an official reply on this complaint.

Chess.com 6 years boy spent **** to gift a Diamond membership to unknown person (as "its cool to click the shiny diamond icon"), *

6 years boy spent *** to gift a Diamond membership to unknown person (as "its cool to click the shiny diamond icon"), *** doesn't refund it. We actually registered a one year Gold membership to support *** since my 6 years son started to play chess earlier. So *** stocked our credit card info and (we realized this later) there is no way to delete the credit card info or add any purchase protection (like what applestore does). My son is quite active and he likes to click this and that in electrical devices. So not long after we registered the gold membership, it's updated to Platinum membership *** extra). I found it quite late from monthly credit card report but I didn't complain at that time. Again last week, my son spent another *** to gift a Diamond membership to some random player, as "it's interesting to click the shining diamond icon on the page". I immediately tried to contact with *** by sending email/leaving notes for quite a few times, and also made a call to a number I could only find via credit-card company. No response at all after almost 10 days, and calling the phone number always connected to a voicemail directly. I understand we need to pay for service so I am ok with the Platinum membership which we actually doesn't need, but is that right chess.com doesn't respond our inquiry for refunding the *** gift to a nobody. My son just starts grade 1 and honestly he could not read very well, he insisted that he only "click a few shining buttons and don't know what's going on). My user name is *** or *** (recently changed).

Read full review of Chess.com and 4 comments

4 comments
S. DuBuque
Mar 05, 2024 8:05 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The website is intentionally misleading. Gift certificates can't be used on the app. Vendor refuses to update website accordingly. Purchase Date: 5/13/2020 Problem Date: 5/15/2020 Order #:*** The website is intentionally misleading. Gift certificates can't be used on the chess.com app. When using the mobile website, there is no notice indicating the gift certificate can't be used on the App Store app. Vendor is aware this note is not on the website but continues to refuse to 1) update website accordingly 2) issue a refund for the gift certificate given misleading website. The gift certificate was NOT used. Vendor needs to issue full refund. Vendor refuses to update website accordingly.

A. Johns
Mar 05, 2024 11:58 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Can't access lessons despite gold level membership Initially I was able to access lessons and then all of a sudden I was prompted to upgrade my membership. I waited, knowing that I had access to 3 lessons per week but my access to lessons never resumed. I have reached out THREE times and received no response. I LOVE chess.com but if I can't take lessons, then I need to cancel my membership.

O
O
O. Yost
Mar 05, 2024 10:57 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Company closed my account after charging full year membership payment without providing any reason I was member of the chess.com and was paying yearly membership dues. Last month Chess.com sent mail informing that they have closed my account. After reaching out to the services they didn't responded to mail communication. After repeated attempt to contact support , Support informed that they cannot assist and didn't want to provide any other details. I asked for refund in case they dont want to assist as a paying member for the reason to close the account and support never responded back.Either they should reinstate the account or provide me the full refund for the membership if they cannot provide service.

T. Stanton
Mar 03, 2024 12:32 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I feel this online *** has a lot of quirks need to be worked out when playing online especially cheaters on there & been threatened, as well. I joined *** back on Jul 2020 since the worsening of shutdown from COVID. I was low in rating being a new member of one in Las Vegas, the *** Ever since started playing there, I noticed quite a bit of cheaters and quirks a friend said it had on that site. When I played the Puzzle side, it kept giving me errors and I would do what they tell me to clear out browser, etc being I mostly play on *** I would try to email them more errors to check into and now they're not responding anymore, only to see a default email to say they will get back to me but till this day, they haven't. They tried to one time to give me one week free trial but that was to buy something from them which I did NOT request that at all was their way of trying to scheme me into buying due to their error online system. I wonder how many people will start seeing something is wrong with this site. Also, you got people who get pride hungry to win that they play evil on you the way I see it. How crazy is that?

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Chess.com I am horrified by the customer service of chess.com

I am horrified by the customer service of chess.com . As a chess coach of 20 years, chess enthusiast and player, I have never been so dissatisfied. Upon opening an account and purchasing diamond membership I gladly participated in chess.com forums, created a club, began streaming and enjoying chess on the domain that was purchased by the founder *** and his partner. Little by little the toxic environment which is chess.com sets in. I posted a forum topic visible to others to announce my offerings as a chess coach. I have been a coach for 20 years. My account was muted for this. I contacted support and was reinstated. No questions asked. I advertised again and the same happened. A second time reinstated. The third time, not knowing what was wrong, I was contacted by the support director ***. With his message and upon reading the terms and conditions I came to realize that there is no advertising allowed. Ok, makes sense. Should not have taken three blind tries but ok. Paying for a service and treading water to be part of the community that is toxic to begin with, support included. To gain some completely pointless points (profile chat points for participating in discussions) I joined a topic "last post wins a diamond membership" where an off topic (not concerning chess) discussion was taking place. I would post an emoji after each post from another member to try to be the last post and win the diamond membership. My account was muted with some comments from *** that my account is now heavily notated and possible to be permanently muted. If you are seeking to pay for a service that will harass you and make your online chess experience more than uncomfortable, use chess.com . Possibly discriminatory practices all hidden behind a terms and conditions wall that you agree to upfront. The hodgepodge team of "support" who are contractors trying to reply to heaps of emails daily need your dollar to continue this terrible service. Simple, they are only worth the free portion of their service. If that.

Read full review of Chess.com and 4 comments
4 comments
T. Bahringer
Mar 06, 2024 5:54 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Globe Chess ORDER *** March 2019 - pre-order never received or refunded. *** to me *** Thank you for your purchase! Hi ***, thanks for Pre-Ordering Globe Chess! The first batch will begin shipping early March. We will send you a notification when your order is ready to ship:) Reach out any time you need anything! Regards, Team Globe Chess View your order or Visit our store Order summary Globe Chess Set (50% OFF Pre-Order Sale) × 1 $49.95 Subtotal $49.95 Shipping $6.00 Total $55.95 USD Customer information Shipping address *** XXXXX *** Billing address *** XXXXX *** Shipping method U.S. Shipping Payment method Ending in *** $55.95 If you have any questions, reply to this email or contact us at ***@globechess.com *** 10:11 PM (6 minutes ago) to contact, me Hello, This order was never received. Please send or refund money, The Better Business Bureau will be contacted. Thank you and stay well!

S. Carroll
Mar 03, 2024 6:39 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Globe Chess ORDER *** March 2019 - pre-order never received or refunded. *** to me *** Thank you for your purchase! Hi ***, thanks for Pre-Ordering Globe Chess! The first batch will begin shipping early March. We will send you a notification when your order is ready to ship:) Reach out any time you need anything! Regards, Team Globe Chess View your order or Visit our store Order summary Globe Chess Set (50% OFF Pre-Order Sale) Ã? 1 $49.95 Subtotal $49.95 Shipping $6.00 Total $55.95 USD Customer information Shipping address *** XXXXX *** Billing address *** XXXXX *** Shipping method U.S. Shipping Payment method Ending in *** $55.95 If you have any questions, reply to this email or contact us at ***@globechess.com *** 10:11 PM (6 minutes ago) to contact, me Hello, This order was never received. Please send or refund money, The Better Business Bureau will be contacted. Thank you and stay well!

S. Bechtelar
Mar 02, 2024 1:47 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I requested a refund from chess.com and they have not responded. Then they closed my account right after On May 4th I requested a refund for *** back to my account. They said they would respond in 1-4 days. I was expecting a date pretty soon but on May 8 I got an email that said they closed my account for cheating. 1. I DID NOT cheat and I would like to refute that claim 2. Apparently, according to company policy, chess.com does not give refunds when an account is closed. However, even though they closed my account with insufficient evidence, I requested a refund 4 days before the account closed. I don't necessarily care about my account as much as I do as my refund so I would like to obtain my refund before anything else. Thanks.

C. Hirthe
Mar 01, 2024 3:26 am EST

V
6:53 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Chess.com Unfair account closure without warning

My 11 year old son just had his Platinum tier Chess.com account closed without any warning. Their terse email said "unusual activity" was detected in his account and they are "confident" their Fair Play rules have been breached.

This could not be father from the truth. My homeschooled son lives and breathes chess and is FIDE rated in all forms of the game. He also receives formal coaching from an NM and I know for a fact he would not dream of cheating. Just that he has made rapid progress in points due to the time he devotes to mastering the game. Expectedly, he is now inconsolable.

The cavalier attitude of just closing a paid account without so much as a warning or demand for justification smacks of extreme arrogance, the confident knowledge they can get away with anything. Their account closure email does not even contain a link to their appeals process which you have to separately look up. It is likely they have some grossly inefficient algorithm and equally incompetent "fair play" staff. The one star here for customer service is sufficient testament to that.

Desired outcome: I want my son's Chess.com account MeatyDragon578 reinstated promptly so he can carry on playing his favourite game and continue to progress in it.

10:23 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Chess.com chess games on my phone

I have been unable to access my account for months now. They usually say that somebody will get back to me and that they are fixing some problems that they have with their server. Up to now, NOTHING! I either want to acces my account and be able to play or I want my money back.

There are no receipts, I just paid through my phone to be able to play chess on my phone. There is no one to talk to. What else can I do?

Chess.com In-depth Review

In summary: Chess.com is a comprehensive online chess platform that caters to players of all levels, from beginners to grandmasters. With a user-friendly interface, a wide range of features, and a vibrant community, it stands out as a top destination for chess enthusiasts around the world.

Website Interface and User Experience: Chess.com boasts a clean and intuitive interface that makes navigation a breeze. The layout is well-organized, allowing users to easily find games, puzzles, and learning resources. The site is also mobile-responsive, ensuring a seamless experience across various devices. Accessibility features such as colorblind mode enhance the platform's inclusivity.

Membership Options and Pricing: The platform offers a robust free account with access to basic features like live games and puzzles. Premium membership unlocks advanced tools such as unlimited puzzles, game analysis, and lessons. Pricing is competitive, with various tiers to suit different budgets, and payment options include credit cards and PayPal.

Range of Features and Tools: Chess.com provides an extensive array of features including live games, correspondence chess, and regular tournaments. The learning and training resources are top-notch, with lessons tailored to different skill levels and a vast library of puzzles. Users can track their performance and analyze games with sophisticated tools.

Community and Social Aspects: The platform's community is active and welcoming, with numerous ways to interact with other players, including clubs, groups, and real-time chat. The forums and discussion boards are lively spaces for sharing strategies and experiences.

Customer Support and Services: Chess.com offers reliable customer support with a responsive team. The Help Center and FAQs provide quick solutions to common issues, and the platform includes comprehensive user guides and tutorials for new members.

Fair Play and Security: The site takes fair play seriously with proactive cheating prevention measures. Account safety is prioritized with robust privacy policies, and the user verification process helps maintain the integrity of the platform.

Mobile App Experience: The Chess.com mobile app is feature-rich and maintains parity with the website. It is compatible with a wide range of devices and has high user ratings, reflecting a positive overall experience.

Content Quality and Variety: The educational content is diverse and updated regularly, catering to different skill levels. The quality of instructional material is excellent, with contributions from renowned chess instructors and grandmasters.

Performance and Reliability: Server uptime is impressive, ensuring game reliability. Matchmaking is quick, and the platform actively addresses bug and glitch reports to maintain a smooth user experience.

Competitive Play and Ranking System: The Elo rating system is accurate, reflecting players' skill levels effectively. Tournaments are well-organized with attractive prizes, and leaderboards provide insights into player statistics.

User Engagement and Retention: Chess.com has a high number of daily and monthly active users. The platform encourages progression with incentives and regularly hosts events and special promotions to keep users engaged.

Business Model and Sustainability: The platform's revenue streams include advertisements, memberships, and merchandise. It has shown consistent growth and expansion, and the company enjoys a strong reputation within the industry.

Pros and Cons: Key strengths include the platform's comprehensive features, strong community, and excellent learning resources. Areas for improvement could include more personalized customer support and expanded features for free accounts.

Conclusion and Overall Rating: Chess.com is highly recommended for chess players of all levels. It is particularly beneficial for beginners due to its extensive learning resources and for advanced players looking to compete at higher levels. The overall score for Chess.com is exceptional, making it one of the best online chess platforms available.

How to file a complaint about Chess.com?

Here is a guide on how to file a complaint against Chess.com on ComplaintsBoard.com:

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged into your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you don't have an account, create one.
2. Navigating to the complaint form: Locate and click on the 'File a Complaint' button at the top right corner of the ComplaintsBoard.com website.
3. Writing the title: Summarize the main issue with Chess.com in the 'Complaint Title'.
4. Detailing the experience: Provide detailed information about your experience, including key areas of concern, relevant transactions, steps taken to resolve the issue, personal impact, and the company's response.
5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any additional supporting documents but avoid including sensitive personal data.
6. Filing optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field for financial losses and the 'Desired Outcome' field to specify the resolution you seek.
7. Review before submission: Ensure your complaint is clear, accurate, and complete before submitting.
8. Submission process: Click the 'Submit' button to submit your complaint.
9. Post-Submission Actions: Regularly check for responses or updates related to your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Follow these steps to effectively file a complaint against Chess.com on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Chess.com customer service

Phone number

+1 (800) 318-2827

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Chess.com?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Chess.com Customer Service. Initial Chess.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Chess.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Chess.com. Discuss the issues you have had with Chess.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.