Having problems with Chess.com?

Chess.com Customer Service Contacts

PO Box 60400
Palo Alto, California
United States - 94306-0400

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Chess.com Customer Service. Initial Chess.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Chess.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Chess.com. Discuss the issues you have had with Chess.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Chess.comNo contact following request for refund

My 17 year old son decided to take out a trial with this company. He forgot to cancel before the 7 days was up and only realised when the annual membership was take from his account. The company says that they will still refund the amount up to 30 days after. However, despite emails to them, there is no response. My son is at school and cannot afford this. He is now incurring charges on his bank account because he did not have the money to do this. We are having no response from the company at all.

His unique user name is UniqueName3900

Chess.comThey kicked me out for cheating, but they are wrong

I was playing a game with a lesser skilled opponent. They opened their rook, and I took it with my queen. They moved their queen out too early and left it exposed. Meanwhile after he threatened with his bishop, he also left that open and I took it. So then since his queen was in the open, I moved my rook to threaten his queen, and *poof* chess.com kicked me out for cheating. Probably have some engine detecting perfect play. But what am I to do, not take an obvious piece? I didn't even have to do a "trade" they were not backed-up (could not counter when I attacked).

Nov 15, 2019

Chess.com — unauthorized debit card charge

Hi, I was charged $99.00 to my debit card on 11/15/19 from Chess.com. I recall recently visiting this site...

Chess.comchess game server breakdown

Hello, while I was playing a game of chess, the time started flickering and the game crashed on me. Then it said I lost on time even though I was most certainly winning befeore that. I want my ELO points back!!! This happened to me the other day as well and it is really annoying. I thought this was the WIFI but my WIFI is perfect. I would really like it if you gave me something for my troubles as this game I lost was very difficult and I was eventually winning until the game crashed.

Chess.comchess.com computer comments

your play chess program- (3 min game)s refuses to say anything positive about my playing

it always compliments my opponent even when i win with a huge margin

the best i get is a snidey " chaotic game where both players had many chances to win"

if morphy plaiyed on this site he would get- 3 mistakes 2 blunders - your opponent played well - try snooker!

r muirhead 21.08 16th october 2019

• Updated by ronnie muirhead · Oct 17, 2019

after each game the comments your computer makes to me do not reflect the game that has just ended.
            for instance i have just won by timeout having a considerable superiority in pieces and my opponent in a very difficult situation.

yr computer comment-
            " a chaotic game with both players having many chances to win"

completely untrue 17th oct 2019 approx 22.30hrs

if you computer cannot follow the game properly, you should discontinue its inaccurate comments! ronnie muirhead please respond this time!

Chess.comonline chess

No matter what I do, I can not seem to motivate Chess.com to DO SOMETHING about the SATURATION of their members who cheat. Many members' ELO scores bounce up and down wildly because one member cheated on, has their ranking bounce artificially, which means their next several games with non-cheaters also induce secondary fake waves in scores. Enough cheaters unstabalizes the accuracy of real playing ability in a very wide range of members. Chess.com refuses to see the big picture, looking only at individual games and players, ignoring the widespread destruction of accurate score keeping. Because you are matched up against others based on ELO score, the fairness of matchup are also destroyed for the wide population by the few cheaters. They refuse a prompt and sufficient process to throw cheaters OUT.

• Updated by Brian Rowan · Sep 07, 2019

How long will the blatant cheating continue on Chess.com? It is NOT difficult to detect cheaters. Cheaters loose badly for a while, and inexplicably make fantastic turn around in a few moves for a victory! Very easy to spot. But profit prevails to motivate keeping all the cheaters as long as possible. It is miserable. Avoid Chess.com at all costs.

Chess.comCheating my opponent used engine

Hi, my id is
            Pmv1970
            I just playing a tournament my first game opponent used engine and win.. I checked after I loss my game.. What should I do, '
            '
            his name is jke432..
            jke432.. cheater
            using Engine
            should be banned
            my point need to be back which one I loss
            he using Engine
            I just playing a tournament my first game opponent used engine and win.. I checked after I loss my game.. What should I do, his name is jke432..
            jke432.. cheater
            using Engine
            should be banned
            my point need to be back which one I loss
            he using Engine

Chess.comonline chess

Chess.com is saturated with unfair play online, and is in denial about how bad it is. The head of customer service says their tactical training does not affect one's blitz play enough to calculate it into matching up opponents. Why then does chess.com sell tactical training as the path to strengthen your game, if it doesn't strengthen your game? Why am I matched to players hiding 500 plus tactical training advantage over me, which chess.com wrongly claims to be a fair match-up? Why does the head of customer service say cheating is at an all-time low, when others within chess.com emailed me saying they were experiencing an epidemic outbreak of sandbagging (artificially lowered blitz scores hiding huge tactical advantages)? Chess.com used to be fun, but has become an infested mess of unfair match-ups and cheating due to mismanagement. I advise players to go elsewhere.

Chess.comunauthorized debit card charges

Chess.com has unauthorizedly deducted 99 USD from my bank account via my debit card at 2019/07/11. I have already informed to chess.com through emails about this issue @2019/07/11, 2019/07/17, 2019/07/22, 2019/07/26 and 2019/07/30. But sadly chess.com is yet to refund me. All what chess.com did is sending occasional emails asking same thing over and over again.
                1. Chess.com has deducted money from my account unauthorizedly (Ref: [protected])
                2. Even when I made number of complaints no due care is given yet.
                I want the refund as quickly as possible. Absolutely disappointed about chess.com

My email: saranga.[protected]@gmail.com
                chess.com username: g111222

Chess.comchess play

Audio sound is not working, while i play chess. I use your website for the past 6 years. In absence of audio sound, i feel much difficulty in play. Thank you very much for your 24 hours service for any person, to play chess from anywhere and at any time. Please rectify the audio system to my connection and help me, so that i can enjoy the chess game. Thank you very much. Bagawandas solomon

Chess.com — cancel membership

I am trying to cancel my membership on chess.com and it doesn't let me it just leads to a page that says how...

Chess.comservice

I am a premium member of chess. com and I can not use the program I paid for. The problem is with their sign in procedure. I do not know how to contact them to correct this problem I am having. I would appreciate help in finding their phone number or Email address. I need to talk to a customer service representative to resolve this problem. My name is Robert Leblanc address is 1008 Sandridge road Hubert NC 28539 Email [protected]@ec.rr.com.

Chess.com — chess.com

This site has a gps tracker that freezes your pg right before you're about to win and causes you to lose...

Chess.com — closed my account

I loved this site in the past and spent a lot of my time on www.chess.com! Recently they closed my account...

Chess.comre:chess order #293198

I subscribed for a chess game but found it to be far less inferior than what was advertised. I canceled the subscription the same day and requested for the refund of my money twice. The company did not care to respond to my requests much less refund my money.

I request the Board to enable me get my money back.

Sincerely
                      Bekele Endalew

• Fi
                          filo riketi Oct 14, 2019

As you probably you guess I am leaving this comment toooo complained as how poorly you site ** is ** I have been plying for several years now and your people the ones that monitor your site are first ** racist ** I am not like to brand this word to anyone but in your case this is true, for some reason they don't like me and many time I had left very rude comments but is just for the frustration that your people are very unfair so that some of the time they don't want me to win and they take my time or they interrupt the game by no letting the pieces get fixed properly, if you would like to get in touch with me my address is E mail : [email protected] be free to do so