The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfaction

Charles Smylie is a Major with Top Secret Clearance. The problem is that he doesn't have the qualifications for this position. The military thinks that he has a bachelor's degree, but when you call his Alma Mater to confirm, he attended the college but never graduated.

The question becomes if a person trusted with our national security that obtained his position through fraudulent means is any less dangerous than, say, a doctor practicing without a license. An even bigger question is what is going on with our national security that a top secret clearance background investigation that costs taxpayers a lot of money didn't bother to turn up information that is easily available to the public?

Charles Smylie, under the guise of having a degree and therefore being qualified to hold the officer position that he holds, is using taxpayer dollars to get the government to pay for him to earn a "second" degree (although in truth it will be his first). This is only a small part of the money he is cheating taxpayers out of. However, when I contacted the Army Inspector General to notify them of this problem, they did nothing. I contacted a base IG as well, and was basically told to mind my own business.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to bring this charlatan to justice, or at least keep him from stealing any more of our tax dollars?

Post your comment

    By clicking Submit you are agreeing to the Complaints Board’s Terms and Conditions



    Unhappy consumers gather online at and have already logged thousands of complaints.
    If you see dozens of complaints about a certain company on ComplaintsBoard, walk away.
    One of the largest consumer sites online. Posting here your concerns means good exposure for your issues.
    A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices.
    ComplaintsBoard is a good source for product and company gripes from especially dissatisfied people.
    You'll definitely get some directions on how customer service can best solve your problem.
    Do a little research on the seller. Visit consumer complaint websites like ComplaintsBoard.