Cellularoutfitter.comShipping charge excessive and not disclosed

I ordered products totaling $7.88. After (and not before) clicking to complete the order a shipping charge of $13.97 appeared! I attempted to cancel the order but was told it was too late, and that I could arrange a return. When I called to do that (waiting more than 30 minutes for a phone pick-up), I was offered a $5.99 refund on shipping top my PayPal account, which I accepted. The refund has not happened despite numerous attempts to contact customer service.