Cca (Collection Company Of America)Fraud

L Review updated:

They have sent me a collection notice in the mail stating that I owe $27.47 on an XM Satellite Radio account. I called them to verify and all they would say on the phone was " would you like to use your credit card now please". So I called XM and they told me I had a $0 balance. This collection notice was odd since I have been paying in advance 3 months at a time. Now i have to find out how they are going to ruin my credit score... this is CRAP.

• Je
    Jeanette Nov 29, 2008

I just Googled CCA because I keep getting messages from my answering machine asking me to call them back on an "important matter, " but they don't say who they are or what it's about. I've been getting these messages for a month now almost every day. I don't owe anyone anything so whatever they are claiming must be fraud. I don't know whether to call them and see what it's about or just keep deleting the messages. I guess I'd better call them if they are messing with my credit.

• St
    Steven O Montgomery May 09, 2018

@Jeanette Hello everyone, I have been battling with my credit score because it was very low until a friend of mine introduced me to a best hacker named COMPUTERSPYEXPERTS he helped increase my credit score from 550 to 800. I was really surprised that he helped me do it within 72 hours, even though I doubted him at first because he told me to pay the service fee before any action can take place after I paid $500 upfront payment. Then you pay the rest after he finishes the job. Contact him (COMPUTERSPYEXPERTS at GMAIL dot COM) He's the best and really affordable. also Tex t (4 6 9) 8 4 4 - 0 5 3 6

James Smith Dec 24, 2008

I recieved a notice of Collection from CCA -Collection Company of America- Says my account client is US ASSET MANAGEMENT INC.
    Oringal Creditor was from SPRINT PCS...
    Owe them $ 504.00. Don't know how I owe them this, never ever had sprint service of any kind in my life. This has to be FRAUD...How do you put a stop to something like this?

• El
    elfaraon Mar 09, 2009

I recieved notice on the mail from CCA(collection company of america) they claim that I have an account with Verizon New England Inc. for 960.69$. I have my Verizon Fios acc uptade and I'm still enjoying my services. This company needs to stop scaming people.

• Ka
    Kate Mar 10, 2009

The same thing is happening to me!! And Verizon says they cannot do a thing about it!! I have a $216 "collection" account, that NO ONE has a record of.

• Al
    alamantrick Mar 13, 2009

I just received a call from CCA wanting to get a message to my daughter who is currently deployed to Iraq. I took the callers name, phone number and the "claim number" that CCA claimed was currently under review. I then asked what it was in regards to and what type of a company CCA was and was told that the information was confidential. I told them that I was not about to give my daughter any message unless I knew who or what it was about? The woman on the line then asked me why I was being so nosey! She then asked if I had my daughter's power of attorney while she was on deployment and I said yes. She told me to fax it to her and she would tell me what I wanted to know. No way, I'm not faxing her anything! She wouldn't even tell me what type of a company it was! I asked for her supervisor only to find out that he was just as rude as she was! The conversation ended with the "supervisor" telling me he would continue calling my number on a regular basis until he reached my daughter. If there is a debt that is owed, it is not owed by me. I don't appreciate their attitude at all! I will have my daughter check her credit to make sure it is correct. But they have another thing coming if they think she is going to call them from another country! She has enough going on right now. She doesn't need this BS too! Isn't there anything that can be done to stop this company from harrassing people? All the woman on the line had to say was that CCA was a collection company and I would have forwarded the message to my daughter and let her deal with her own business. It can't be that big of a secret, I found them online right away! They better not call this house again!!!

• Up
    upset father Mar 28, 2009

I have been recieving calls from CCA for my daughter about a
    closed account with Verizon . They won't sent a paper document of charges owed, nor would they itimize their charges. They say she must give a credit card payment over the phone or else they will add $400.00 more to her past debt. Verizon will not do anything to send original staement of actual amount due. This is plain extortsion and they are threating credit repercussions if the money is'nt paid!
    upset father

• Up
    upset father Mar 28, 2009

cca is using tactics that in past history was known as EXTORTION, they are not honoral people. If they are the secound collection
    company on a recovery of debt, they can not put false charges other than the original amount owed!

• Ha
    HACKMASTER Apr 22, 2009

COLLECTION AGENCIES AREN'T THE ONES TO BLAME. THEY DO THIERE JOBS JUST LIKE EVERONE ELSE DOES. IF PEOPLE PAID THIER BILLS THIS WOULD NOT BE AN ISSUE. AND BRUSH UP ON YOUR COLLECTION LAWS, AS PER THE FDCPA, UNLESS YOU CAN VERIFY THE PERSON WHO OWES THE MONEY'S SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER AND DATE OF BIRTH, THEY CANNOT DISCLOSE THAT THEY ARE A COLLECTION AGENCY OR WHAT THE MATTER IS REGARDING. SO THEY FOLLOWED THE LAW WHEN THEY REFUSED TO TELL YOU THE INFO YOU DEMANDED. KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT BEFORE YOU BAD MOUTH A GOOD COMPANY WITH GOOD EMPLOYEES. LOOK UP THE FDCPA TO PREVENT BEING TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF BY A COMPANY WHO DOES NOT FOLLOW THESES LAWS, CCA DOES AND IT PROTECTS YOUR INFORMATION FROM THE REAL FRAUDS.

SINCERLY, RYAN H

• Mo
    Momma Apr 27, 2009

While some people may intentionally ignore their financial responsibilities and end up having to deal with collection agencies, many victims of these vultures are just folks that ended up on hard times for awhile. In the meantime, the agencies use pressure tactics and harassment to badger them into making agreements that are often more than they can manage. A pox on your house, predators!

• Fu
    Furious May 07, 2009

I really don't know where they found the imbeciles that work at CCA, they straight up lied to me on the phone blaming a vendor for not providing information within 30 days which is required by Federal Law. So now that I called the vendor they said that they don't have any information and that CCA has it. I faxed CCA the initial dispute letter and now 30 days later speaking to a superviser Ms. Jordan (another idiot) I find out that my letter was never received, even though I have confirmation that it went through. They illegally reported me to the 3 credit bureaus ruining my score after I have notified them in writing that it's an invalid debt. I guess next step would be a formal complaint to the attorney general. Illiterate ###s operating under some attorney's name. Learn the law!

Cherie May 08, 2009

I just recieved a letter from the CCA also stating that I owed Verizon $104 after closing my account 6 months ago. I spoke with a representative at Verizon and they told me that not only did I not OWE them $104, we dug around and figured out that they owed ME that money for an overpayment. I'll be pretty mad if CCA messes up my credit score. I'm going to dispute the claim today. I have spent over 2 hours this past week with the phone ringing at their company and only ONCE was it answered. Then that person said, "Can you hold?" and promptly hung up on me! Is this even a legit company? It's address is said to be 700 Longwater Drive Norwell, MA. Does anyone have info?

Cherie May 08, 2009

I just got off a conference call with Verizon and CCA that I insisted upon. They said this will be cleared up, the account returned to Verizon, nonetheless I wrote down each person's name that I spoke with. I am also sending a letter certified mail stating what was said on the phone to me, the dates and times I spoke with each person. I may sound crazy, but I will NOT have some company messing with my credit score. Once I actually spoke to a CCA representative they were very helpful. Sigh. Wish me luck!

• Db
    DB May 18, 2009

THESE ### AT CCA REPORTED ON MY CREDIT ANOTHER FRADULANT ACCOUNT AFTER I DISPUTED A PREVIOUS ACCOUNT THAT MAJICALLY APPEARED ON MY REPORT. I CALLED EXPERIAN FIRST, THEY GAVE ME THE ADDRESS ASSOCIATED WITH THE ACCOUNT, THAT WAS AN ADDRESS I HAVE NEVER LIVED AT. I CALLED CCA AND FINALLY SPOKE TO 3 PEOPLE BEFORE 1 RUDE WOMAN HUNG UP ON ME WHEN I TOLD HER THEY WERE WRONG AND I DID NOT HAVE AN ACCOUNT WITH "ATT". SHE WANTED ME TO PAY THE $216.00 AND THEN SHE WOULD SEND ME A LETTER THAT SAYS I PAID THE ACCOUNT AND THE PHONE COMPANY MUST HAVE HAD THE WRONG ADDRESS WHEN THEY SENT THE BILL. WTF??? ARE YOU SERIOUS? I AM NOT GOING TO PAY A BILL THAT I DID NOT CREATE AND THEN TAKE A LETTER YOU SAY YOU ARE GOING TO SEND ME TO THE CREDIT BUREAU SO THEY CAN DELETE IT. THESE PEOPLE ARE CRAZY, RUDE AND VERY VERY DISRESPECTFUL. THEY WILL NOT GET OVER ON ME!!!

• Ju
    justme Jun 09, 2009

CCA Collection Company of America has placed several inquiries on my credit report and in addition they are associated with a utility bill and a medical bill that erroneously is on my credit report. I've now retained a firm to challenge their authority in producing my consent for inquiry and to prove the utility and medical bill are mine. How can medical bills be posed showing $0 due $0 paid but still on my report? Why do I have to spend money to get these people out of my life? Are they culpable for the $1000 per incident FACTA fines?

• Bo
    Boeing Jun 16, 2009

I received a notice from CCA Collection company of America stating that I owe XM Radio $155.40 I discontinued my membership 4 years ago and I also payed for my service with a credit card. There was no open account. I called them and they said that I XM radio only $11.55. I don't owe the anything. This is fruad, How do you stop or report this?

• Sp
    S-Pac Jun 19, 2009

I received a letter stating that I owe on an old student loan. I gave them the number on the letter they sent after calling them and they wanted my social security number which I wouldn't give them. I asked them questions about the loan, like who was the lender, and they would tell me that it was the US Department of Education. Last I checked, they made laws, not loans! Anyway, this CCA company is a fruad, and they are trying to get information for identity theft and also trying for credit card numbers. Don't give them any information. They are checking credit reports on people and fiding holes in them then trying to exploit them. I was behind on my student loans about 3 years ago, but for the last 2 years have got them all caught up and nearly paid off. I asked the CCA person what my birthdate was and he gave me a completly wrong answer, he didn't really know who I was, just had a name and an address with a credit report. It's a scam, don't fall for it, just keep asking tem questions that they should be able to answer, and when they start to get nervous, they will say that it must be an error and they will erase it. After all my questioning, they told me they would remove the 5, 000 that they claimed that I owed them! Good luck, don't get scammed!

• Ro
    Rob D Jun 21, 2009

• Fr
    fraudfinder79 Aug 07, 2009

I just got a letter from cca saying I owe the US DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION $7801.52. There is NO WAY I owe them this money cause I've been paying on this loan for the past 3-4 years now. I called the US DEPT. OF EDU and they told me I'm not in default on my loans with them and should not be getting this letter from CCA. My only concern is this collection company will notify the credit report companies and screw up my score. Who do I need to contact now to get this company in trouble for fraud and to make sure they didn't screw up my credit report?

• 76
    768b4cca Aug 07, 2009

I also am experiencing the CCA hell. I screen my phone calls so there may have been some attempt by phone to contact me. There were some messages on the machine that said they wanted me to call regaurding a debt but over the last two years there have been half a dozen calls for people with the same last name as me so I never returned the call. No I find out the ### put a unpaid debt on my credit report. I recieved nothing in the mail and have no recolection of a bill from anybody in the amount listed. This is the first blemish in30 years on my credit. I am not happy. After reading all this here I don't look foreward to talking to CCA and I suspect the charges are a mistake or something even more sinister. I have written the state atty. general. Good luck to all above except probable CCA employee RYAN H.

• Mo
    moshin Aug 21, 2009

I got a message from them and so I haven't dealt with them yet. But I've been dealing with scammers like them for a while now, and the best thing I've done is once I get their address and their "reference number" I send a letter requesting a copy of the original invoice that shows that I have a past due amount to prove my debt. I send it by certified mail and save the receipt. (I also save the file on my computer.)

So far, 5 different letters sent, 0 responses, and 0 stuff on my credit report and 0 follow-up letter or calls.

• Ro
    ROBERT666 Aug 22, 2009

"You debtors are the same.. Step into reality and pay our bills, and stop making up lies why you shouldnt! -Or have you been so crooked, for so long, you now believe your own lies!?"

Rob D, your an idiot... For every debtor that gets a bill from CCA, another one gets a false bill from CCA. CCA deals with AT&T, and AT&T have a history of NOT fixing accounts, not updating accounts, not updating payments, not updating credits. And AT&T will send an account with a zero balance to collections because they did not do the accounting right.

Now I have to waste my time, and listen to losers like you tell me I am a low life lier, when what I said has always been fact, and AT&T is the problem so along with CCA, they assume the customer is the one to blame.

AT&T cannot find their way out of a wet paper bag, how dare you assume they are right on their accounts when facts prove they are wrong 49.9% of the time.

CCA employs losers who are rude, maybe due to dealing with that 51.1% of bad debtors but one should not assume the company who sold the account is not without errors, as it is more likely they are trying to double dip and get paid twice not on purpose most of the time, usually due to the ignorance shared between them and CCA

• De
    Debt Dodgers Aug 26, 2009

If a collection company doesnt give its information its because of the laws that were set up to protect your privacy. They must verify who they are talking to And dear old mom and dad do not have the right to know there adult kids business. Yes there are mistakes but that file was given to the collection agency by the business who contracted them.Pay your bills Deadbeats

• Np
    N.Pheldge Sep 14, 2009

An eye for an eye...why not give back the same ### we receive...a Senior VP-Sales, behind this stuff is listed below: Have fun

Timothy D Powell
    39 Maple St
    Kingston, MA 02364-1445
    781-585-2259

• Mr
    MRSRLK Oct 04, 2009

WOW PPL ARE CRAZY---WHY ARE YOU GUYS BLAMING THE COLLECTORS?? ESPECIALLY THE ONES THAT DON'T WANT TO CALL BACK-WHEN WE LEAVE U A MSG AND IT DOESNT SAY EXACTLY WHAT IT IS REGUARDING--THATS B/C OF A LAW!! IF SOMEONE ELSE HEARD THAT MESSAGE OF US GIVING U EVEY DETAIL THAT WOULD BE 3RD PARTY DISCLOSER!!! SO JUST RETURN THE CALL! GET THE INFO IF U DONT OWE THE BILL SEND IN A DISPUTE LETTER!!! IF IT ISN'T A LEGIT DISPUTE THE YES IT WILL FURTHER INTO COLLECTIONS! ITS YOUR DEBT IT YOUR PROBLEM WHY DO SOME PEOPLE THINK ITS OUR FAULT?? WE COULD SERIOUSLY CARE A LESS IF U PAY YOUR BILL-I PERSONALLY WORK IN PRE-COLLECT FOR AT&T AND IF YOU DON'T WANT TO PAY AND YOU THINK ITS MY JOB TO FILEYOUR DISPUTE---YEA RIGHT!!! THAT YOUR PROBLEM! AND YES AT&T IS A HUGEEEE PROBLEM! ESPECIALLY IN PRE-COLLECT THERE ARE MISTAKEMADE BY AT&T EVEN IF IT 20.00 BILL THAT WASNT PAID FROM 2 YRS AGO IT COULD JUST NOW BE GETTING PUT INTO COLLECTIONS!

PEOPLE PAY YOUR DEBT!! IF YOU KNOW YOU USED THE SERVICE WHY WOULD U BELIEVE YOU CAN'T PAY IT! I

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT OTHER CCA BUT THE ONE I WORK AT IN CHICAGO-WE HAVE NO ONE HERE THAT WOULD DO HALF THE STUF YOU ALL ARE TALKING ABOUT!

• Cc
    ccafraudartists Oct 12, 2009

In January of 09 i paid cca the amount of 972.00 that i knew i owed. Its October of 09 and now att has turned the account over to another collection agency. CCA claims they never received any monies towards the account. I went to my bank and faxed them copies of all the electronic transaction. Its three weeks later and when i called them to see if they had it lined out yet they said my account still shows a zero balance towards payment. Funny thing is on my credit report they have it listed as settled. I called att and they are agreed that with all my documentation someone better come up with the money! My bank sent cca copies of the entire transaction even cca bank numbers and transaction codes. But they still cant account for the 972.00 and att is still after me! If thats not fraud then i dont know what more proof someone needs!

• Jb
    jbritan Nov 01, 2009

Im like the rest apparently i owe XM 43.84 only because my credit card had changed but when CCA called me they said i couldnt call XM due to they are in charge of it now. i dont have a problem paying it but i just want to know if they put it on your credit and are they legit. please some one help me get the answer im looking for . i dont want to get ripped off

• Ex
    Exp. Collector Nov 05, 2009

Haha, you people need to read over the FDCPA-Fair debt collection practices act. It will explain CLEARLY why most of you are so so wrong in your ###-umptions. They wont disclose information regarding the debt without you first proving its you they are seeking to PROTECT the identity and security of the account they are working on. Ive done collections for almost 5 years now and have an extremely good handle on how this works. And to those of you who think they are just randomly reporting on your credit, laughs at you guys and gals. And some of you stating you closed out the account long ago that they are trying to collect on is no fault of the collection agency itself, its the company not communicating to them that the account has been paid, so dont point fingers unless you understand the system of collections of ALL types of debt. And for those of you who know absolutely nothing about CCA let me clarrify for you. CCA stand for Collection Company of American, no known as EOS-CCA. They handle multiple typle of accounts, such as Sprint, Verizon, Cingular, and student loans which they are contracted by the US department of education directly to handle. So please people, educate yourselves before you make an ### out of yourself. Also, those of you who are being contacted about student loans, make sure you didnt co-sign or sign on a parent plus loan through your childrens school, because you ARE held accountable for these. And to the lady ### about not passing on the message to your daughter, you are hurting her not helping her. Being that she is in Iraq is a legitimate reason for her being unable to pay at the moment, but its something she needs to know about or her credit is going to be ruined. Student loans are federally backed, thus not dischargable by any statutes of limitation and will stay with you forever. And they wont give you any information regarding your daughters debt because for all they know you could be someone who recieved that phone number through re-circulation of phone numbers from the phone company, and disclosing information to you could comprimise your daughters social security number and a variety of other things you dont want floating around. Dont be naive people, if they have an account of yours, they already have your phone number, social security number ( at least the one tied to the account), and most of the time your address, so stop playing tough guy and try to talk to them. Most of the time even if you cant pay the debt they will be willing to set something up with you, but dont quote me because its based on a number of factors and the actual company collecting on the bill.

• Is
    I sue debt collectors Nov 18, 2009

You stop these calls by filing a lawsuit. If they will not verify the debt after you ask they are never supposed to contact you again. It is a good idea to save the phone messages and ALL letters you have sent or received on the matter. Tape your phone call also, and advise the collection caller that "this call is being recorded for quality assurance." That should cut some of the rudeness.

If you feel like suing and getting some $ damages, contact me at [email protected]

Remember, you only have one year to file suit against a collection for violation of the FDCPA.

• Ko
    Kosta Kollef Dec 17, 2009

Okay - attorney here: it's very simple-if you legitimately owe a debt, that is, if you CONTRACTED for goods or services, received same and subsequently did not pay for those goods and services, you owe the debt. Whether the vendor can collect is another matter. Firstly, all states have a statute of limitations on how long a debt can be held out before an action (a lawsuit) can be brought to recover the monies allegedly owed. Most states also allow the recovery of reasonable costs, such as filing and service fees, legal fees and similar costs of disbursement.

A collection company that's external to the vendor, that is, one that's not a subsidiary of the vendor, will typically buy "bad debt" or debt that the vendor's internal collections area can't process to payment. The older the debt, the less the collection company will pay. When an initial collection fails, the debt may be resold to another collection agency. Please understand that each collection agency owns the debt at that point and that the original vendor no longer has rights to the debt, typically. The collection agency can and will use all resources at its disposal to collect the debt, as this is their business. They are unlikely to take the alleged debtor to court for small amounts as the mere act of filing will cost hundreds of dollars in attorney's time and filing fees. If a suit is launched, the defendant can defend his or her position and will win if the debt is not provable, which is the plaintiff's responsibility to show. Should the plaintiff prevail and be awarded a default judgment, the plaintiff will still have to collect the default amount, although at that point, the options expanded to include asking the Court for judgment tools, like a court order to attach wages, bank accounts and other found assets. I have *never* heard of this done for amounts under five grand. And, one shouldn't discount the defendants right to appeal and to otherwise tie up a case with factual discovery and other elements of due process which is every American's right.

Having said all that, the question remains as to what to do for amounts that are alleged to be owed but that are either inaccurate or false in toto. The FCRA provides protection for consumers from debt collection gone awry. The very first thing I would suggest is mailing, certified mail, return receipt requested, a letter that demands substantiation of the debt, including copies of signed contracts, billing dates, dates of default and proof from the collector that a) they have the right to collect debts in your state and b) they have the right to collect YOUR debt, that is, that they own the debt. In the same letter, you should demand that during the period allowed for them to respond, they must remove the invalid information from your credit report and that failure to do so will result in a suit by you against them (in your local Federal court) to compel them to perform as they are required by law and will inevitably result in a fine as is statutory. Further, if the agency doesn't properly validate the debt and pursues a judgment, it would be possible to reflect this to the presiding judge and ask for a dismissal of those grounds alone.

In short, if you owe the debt and it's provable that you owe the debt, and all other elements of law are in place, then you should endeavor to satisfy your obligation. On the other hand, if you don't owe it, you'd be crazy to pay it EXCEPT if you chose to because it's a small amount and not worth your time to fight it. And that's a decision you would have to make.

Remember, at all times, stick to the facts and apply your rights. I know that many attorneys counseling poorer clients recommend settling even when the debt in question isn't entirely legitimate because reporting to the CCAs can mean other, larger problems for their clients. So, each case is different but the rights are always the same.

Here's a link to a sample letter that will be helpful for an initial dispute:

Good luck and remember: it's your rights you're fighting for!

anonomo Dec 17, 2009

you guys are all really idiots. minus lawyer boy over here. they follow the law and obviously they cant and dont make up their own account and debt info. its given to them by companies that may be at fault but the most likely case is that you owe someone money. pay your ###in bills idiots. i have delt with debtors all my life and you're all exactly the same. always blaming someone else then when you finally admit you owe it, you still dont pay sp why dont you just admit you're a loser and get it all over with. they hire pretty talented people to find you and if you owe a government loan forget about runing, its called wage garnishment. they take your money anyway ... dumbasses. google it

J.A. Gonzalez Feb 03, 2010

I have a similar problem that many of you have and my credit score is flawed and no one will do anything for me, nor Experian, nor At&t or CCA. my question would be this, is there anyway that collective action can be taken against this company?

Anonymous1234567891011 Feb 03, 2010

HAHA YOU PEOPLE ARE SO SAD JUST PAY YOUR DAMN BILLS AND STOP ACTING LIKE YOU DONT OWE. AND YES WE WILL KEEP CALLING SO JUST GROW UP AND PAY YOUR BILLS ALREADY. IF YOU PUT AS MUCH EFFORT INTO WORK AND PAYING THESE BILLS AS YOU DID TRYING TO JUSTIFY YOUR IRRESPONSIBILITY BY ### AND MOANING HOW YOUR GETTING "SCAMMED".

YOU OWE IT, YOU KNOW YOU OWE IT, SO JUST PAY IT AND THE CALLS WILL STOP...WELL AT LEAST FROM US IM SURE THERES PLENTY OF OTHER COMPANIES CALLING YOU TOO

• Da
    danceteacher Feb 12, 2010

I am reading this site for advice. And find it extremely offensive that almost half the comments are rude. I, unfortunately, have been the victim of identity theft. Someone used my SS# to open an account through At&t and now I am trying to sort it out. I pay all my bills, I don't recieve calls from other agencys, I want to fix this. So here I am trying to get as much information as I can, and what I get is a lot of nasty comments from people thinking that we are just irresponsible. Go have your rants somewhere else.
    I received a letter from CCA EOS for this account and I am still unsure if it is a real debt to be paid. I was passed around from one person to another on the phone, repeatedly. I called At&t directly and they could nto find my account. Finally I was able to get the phone # that the account was opened under. The account was opened in another State, where I went to college, have not lived there since 2003. I was sent a dispute form, but it is a horrible copy and just seems suspicious.
    Any words of advice on what my next step should be???

• Pi
    PissedoffCCA Mar 02, 2010

Same ### here. I have a collection account on my credit report from CCA from att for 593$. Att has no knowledge of the account. I closed my account with ATT and the final balance was 186$ now I have these ###s messing up my credit with a bill that never happened???!!!

Martha R Mar 04, 2010

the same thing happened to me, but they made sort sort it out with Sprint PCS first. I sent in all of my documentation proving it was Fraudulent and they are currently working on a DELETION LETTER. Although the people were rude an inconsiderate they did advise they would try and expidite my letter. I am hoping to have it this week. Identity theft is a very unfortunate event but i can be removed from your credit report. It does require a little leg work from you but it is worth it to get it removed.

• Gl
    GladIGotanAtty Mar 18, 2010

This company tried to pursue me for a non existent debt, I tried repeatedly to resolve the issue with this company to no avail. I hired an attorney and all is fixed. They received inaccurate information from an account that was paid in full with no late payments, sometimes creditors do unfortunately make mistakes. I will add in that CCA repeatedly violated FDCPA regulations and made no effort to provide me anything in writing, a welcome letter to validate the debt or a statement and would not provide a fax # to me to provide them with documentation that the account in question was paid in full. I think this company may not be responsible 100% for the bad debt they receive, however I do believe they treat consumers who are not debtors quite poorly.

Anonymoosey Mar 21, 2010

Know your rights! These people cannot be trusted. They will make accusations that YOU are the one breaking the law, when 9 times out of 10 it is THEM who violate. Visit www.debtorboards.com and get informed. You have many rights a consumer and those vultures in the collections industry will do everything in their power to make you feel small and powerless. Don't let them fool you!! YOU have the power! GET INFORMED!

• Be
    ben lebarre Mar 27, 2010

this is a company that has to be getting info somewhere i have all my records for a bill at att and no one can come up with any place for me to prove it to someone in person i guess mass lets these people operate it really is frustrating to try to talk to someone at att so i am dropping them and we all need to report these people

• Pa
    ParaAshley Mar 30, 2010

Not everyone that gets these collection calls/letters owe money. If I owe the debt, I pay it. Being an active duty military family, we move around a lot, mail sometimes doesn't get forwarded, it happens. I have no problem paying the debt for a bill that we owed before moving.

However, the problem I had with CCA is that I paid them once, requested confirmation of the payment, in writing, never received it, and now I'm getting phone calls saying that I still owe them! I have record of the payment, including bank transactions, check number/amount, and a copy of the letter sent with the payment requesting proof of the account being paid as agreed. However, CCA is saying that this evidence is not sufficient.

CCA only had 10 days to report the collection account as paid. There have been no updates to my credit report for 2 months from CCA. The collection account still shows as open. This is unacceptable behavior for a collection agency. Money doesn't just "poof" into thin air. It goes somewhere, and it leaves a paper trail. Though, CCA has been unable to tell me who cashed the check, or where it was deposited to. Absurd!

As far as other collection agencies are concerned, I'm happy to pay if I owe. But don't be rude when I inquire as to what it's about, especially after confirming my identity. And don't be upset if I request, in writing, original records of the debt, including when the debt was charged off and acquired by said collector.

And if I tell you not to call me anymore, and that all correspondence is to be in writing, you are required by law to comply. Don't try and tell me differently.

Just watch your conduct, because the person you're collecting on may be a paralegal for a Contract Law firm. o_O

• Za
    Zachary76 Apr 19, 2010

I agree with you guys 100 percent. How can I open an account in March and owe $902.00 in April. I have been in Japan since 2007. This has more then piss me off, I hope someone finds them soon and hang them by the baXXs. People like this make is hard for honest people.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices