Cavalry Portfolio ServicesNever give them your work name or phone!

Cavalry Portfolio Services, is a bottom feeding debt collector, the buy old debts for pennies on the dollar and try to collect the full amount from you. Its legal but stopping the harassing calls and letters is very easy.

Send a certified letter return receipt requested stating the following.

I am evoking my rights under the fair debt collection practices act and demand you stop all communications.

Sign the letter and send it off you will not hear from the scam artist again. Make sure you never give them your work name or phone # they will sue you.

JoseHJ Mar 02, 2010

I know I am a bit late to this conversation, but I have had my SS# stolen as well. I have also had a sprint account started with my name social. I didn't find out about it until I was applying for a home loan. I saw the Calvary number and decided to call to see what I had to do to prove it wasn't me. Wow! What exceptional people skills the representatives I spoke with had! The nicest people you could ever talk to. (In case you have never called them for something you don't owe, I am being a tad bit sarcastic) According to them I was lying or forgot that I opened a Sprint account. I have never had any kind of phone service, and I am still on my dad's old family plan with another company. I spent some time on the phone with Sprint and the collection agency. Sprint seemed pretty cool about it and sent me a form to fill out to prove it was fraud. The collection agency told me that Sprint could no longer do anything. I hope they were just telling me that to try to get to pay something I DON'T OWE. I have only been on my own for a couple of years now, but I am 100% sure that I have not missed a payment on anyting. The rest of my credit report for Equifax and the other two credit bureaus can attest to that. I received a letter from Sprint saying it was in fact Fraud and that they should clear it with the collection agency who will then correct my credit score. After reading a couple of blogs about the Calvary collection agency and equifax credit bureau I am not sure it will be as easy as Sprint says.

• Mi
    militarywoman Feb 23, 2009

Exactly phyllis im a military member whose identity was stolen my parents car with all my stuff in it id ssn card checks got broken into get this the day i graduated from boot camp now i have 348.00 sprint bill i have to pay off before i can go into a different branch of the military thats not mine ive never in my life had a sprint account. i told them that it was fraudulent ive had a identity theft alert on my ssn sense ive been in we need a state ment have you ever had to get legal documnets from chicago impossible so i can either get out and not continue to serve or pay off someone elses debt. So am i the reason our world and economy is in turmoil. I dont think so

• Wi
    Wiliam Moore Oct 30, 2008

Phyllis is an idiot, most of these debts people have are not even their own. Phyllis you ever hear of stolen identity? This happens more than most people think. Should I pay for a debt that isn't mine?

• Ph
    phyllis smith Oct 28, 2008

um...how is it a "scam" when they're just trying to get you to pay a delinquent bill?

phone companies, credit card companies, auto creditors, etc. are not in the business of debt collection. they are in the business of providing services and financing. they sell debts they can't collect to companies whose expertise is debt collection. this is no scam, it's legitimate business.

it's people like you abusing the system, running up bills, not paying for the services you purchase, and then shirking responsbility through loopholes in the fdcpa that are sending our economy into turmoil.