Camping World North Charleston, SC — terrible service and rip off sales
Purchased 2006 Gulf Stream from Camping World, N. Charleston in December of 2008. We've had to take in in for warranty work twice and each time they have kept it 3 to 4 weeks. We're talking simple repairs here. This time we were told we could have it back in two weeks, but they are waiting for a simple A/C part which is taking three weeks (so far) to get in.
Each time we go we are greeted by really nice people, but they don't get the job done. The workmanship is terrible; it takes two or three walk-throughs before they get it right.
When we bought the RV, we were told by the finance manager, Chris, that (for paperwork's sake) they would add $5000 to the price and add $5000 to our deposit (we would come out even. They actually added $10, 000 to the price. We're paying $5000 more than the sales price. Pay attention to paperwork and not what they say they're going to do.
They lie for a sale. They promise things they don't deliver on. They smile in your face while sticking you in the back.
The only time we've had any satisfaction with them is when we made a complaint to the corporate office. The corporate office faxed them the complaint, then they tried to make amends, but we still ending up with time and financial lose.
BUYER BE WARE! Watch your pocketbook and repairs.
More Camping World North Charleston, SC Complaints & Reviews
- Camping World - repair issues and damages to camper 
- Camping World - extended warranty 
- Camping World Chattanooga - lack of service 
- Camping World - I will never visit camping world for servicing or installation again 
- Camping World - rude customers 
- Camping World - installation of flat towing base plate and braking system on my ford edge
- Camping World - traveling trailer
- Camping World - service 
- Camping World - warranty service
- Camping World - service