Sort by: Date | Popularity

Scholastic Books Complaints & Reviews

Scholastic Books - Pennsylvania / Didnt order but Im getting charged!

Jm

I keep getting charges on my credit card from Scholastic Books. I never ordered these yet I get charged. What am I getting charged for? I have read the other complaints but I am not recieving any packages, I am just getting charged for nothing. $18.89 a month I am fed up! I keep calling them and they are very rude and they hang up on you alot. If they do talk to me they claim that they cancel this subscription but I continue to recieve these charges. I dont have a job and I cant afford this crap! If you are looking to purchase something from this company, THINK AGAIN!!! THEY ARE SCAMMERS!

Scholastic Books - Missouri, Jefferson City / Scam charges

Va

I found a UPS package from Scholastic Books on the front door of my house after my vacation in May, 2008. I knew nothing about Scholastic and I never ordered anything from Scholastic! I also noticed that my Chase Visa credit card account had been charged twice. I had to call my credit card company and they changed a new card for me just because of this! On 9/10/2008, I received a Bill with 241.99 with a account number 258460674-307, I called the phone number 1800 724-1818 and got no answer from them. On 10/5/08, I received another bill with 244.98 saying if payment is not received, they will referred this to collection agency and credit reporting agency I have very good credit record (820+), what should I do?

Scholastic Books - New Mexico, Rio Rancho / Unauthorized charges

Va

I noticed that my bank balances have been strange in the past couple of months and that I kept getting books addressed to 'last name' child. I think if i had kids and was ordering books for them they would have a first name and the funny part is I have no children. When i received the books i marked them return to sender and didn't open them up as I do with most mail. I finally got a third set of books and finally decided to open the envelope only to find out they have been charging my visa $16 per month unauthorized. Why would i order these books if I had no children. I also...

Scholastic Books / Books scam!

Va

Books and an invoice were sent to me that were never ordered. These are children's books, and we have no children in our home. I have called the company, and they tell me I ordered online, but will not give me any verification of this. The Standard Operating Procedure for this company is apparently to send books and count on a certain percentage will pay the bill. The rep with my first call to the company told me I must go to the post office and refuse the shipment so that it can be returned. It cost me over an hour of my time, plus travel to the nearest post office, to learn I could not do...