Sort by: Date | Popularity

Real Player Complaints & Reviews

Real Player - England, East Midlands / installation

Be
May 5, 2013

I have had real player for years and recently it keeps telling me i cannot play my music until i upgrade. i have upgraded numerous times and this should not be done so often. After i upgrade it, again, it deletes all of my music that i have saved on there. This should also not happen. Another thing is when i upgrade it gives the option to install Norton security, which i deny as i do not need this, yet it installs in on my laptop anyway, even though i have denied it. As it started the upgrading process i wished to cancel the loading page. yet the top corner 'x' and the...

Real Player - New South Wales, Sydney / Charges

Un

I was unknowingly billed for a product I was unaware I was being charged for. This recurring charge happened over several months It is made so confusing (purposely in my opinion) that a buyer is unsure of what you are buying. I bought a trial to 'unlimited movies' and when I went to cancel, I found I was also being billed (recurring also) for 'super pass'. These people are making a fortune out of swindling people $10 here, $50 there. It would be easy to spell this out clearly but this is the most confusing company/sales process I have ever come across. I will NEVER buy another product from them again. (my proof is on my Real Player account and my CC statements)

Real Player - Texas, Little Elm / Free Version!

Ra

I have the FREE Version of Real Player. They now have a copy of ALL of my music! I can not export any of it, in any way! I can not contact them, because I never paid them $$$ ...no one has spoke of the FREE version until now... They are Evil Money Hungry *%#@! How can they get away with this? If I delete them, will I lose everything? No one on this Planet knows this answer!!! Lost for words... Rad

Real Player - Victoria / Unauthorized Credit Card Charges

Su

My complaint is with real player. I took a 7day free trial and at end can subscribe if I like it. I had Real Player on my computer for 5 days then decided not to keep it, so I deleted it and counldn't find any legitimate way of unsubscribing. They are taking money out of my credit card & I am still yet to find a way to unsubscribe to them. Very upset and paying for a service I do NOT have or USE or WANT.

Real Player - California, Santa Barbara / Misuse of credit card information

Cf

This company took my credit card information when I downloaded real time player. They told me that if I had read the small print in the agreement for the software download that I would have seen that I was going to be charged on a monthly basis to use their "superpass". Since this was on my business card, my accountant presumed it was part of our website marketing fees. Thus we've been charged $12.99/month for a service we've never used or requested. When we called to cancel this service, they asked me "Didn't you read the small print when you signed up for the software...

Real Player / ddownloads

Al

Try this for all your Real Player woes: Designated Agent: Robert R. Kimball Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary Address: RealNetworks, Inc. 2601 Elliott Avenue, Suite 1000 Seattle, WA 98121 Telephone: (206) 674-2700 Email: [email protected] I know...I'm great, the King, the smartest.

Real Player / UNABLE TO CANCEL ORDER

Ro

Had second thoughts after I had signed up for Real Player add ons did not realise it was going to be a monthly subscription, so I tried to cancel nothingon line or is it me. I received my bank statement yesterday wondered what this RN TONEPASS was used Google to search and wow I didnot realise there were others like me Please advise On Monday I am contacting my bank to cancel the monthly payment

Real Player / Chargers that I was not aware of

To

Chargers of 14.99 began showing up on my charge card from RN SUPERPASS FROM REA. I was unaware that I had given or signed up for this service. I can only figure that it was some sort of miss leading way in which I would have given this information. However, I was able to get an agreement to get a full refund within 7 to 10 days. This is some how tided to Real Player. So I would caution anyone about Real Player.

Real Player / stop charging

Hi

i don't have realplayer in my computer and i'm not download anything but they are charging me money from my credit card so i want to stop charging . i want to cancel all service and contracts so please help me and stop charging me money i'm not affordable person. thank you

Real Player - Alberta, Edmonton / Unauthorized charges

Mo

I got charged 14.99 for RN Superpass. I tried to install the Superpass but it didn't work. Not at all!!! Now I got charged for a program that I could not even install. Real Player has a terrible service.

Real Player / Unusual Charge to My credit Card

As

I noticed that RN*RN TONEPASS MAY 866-420* HAS DEDUCTED US DOLLAR 4.98 FROM MY CREDIT CARD ON 8TH MAY 2008 UNDER TRANSACTION REFERENCE NUMBER 050902000807 361. THIS IS ILLEGAL. IF THERE IS SOME SORT OF REGISTRATION DUE TO WHICH YOU ARE DEDUCTING PLEASE CANCEL THAT REGISTRATION AND DO NOT CHARGE MY CARD AGAIN. IF YOU NEED ANY CONFIRMATION, PLEASE WRITE AT MY EMAIL ADDRESS PROVIDED ABOVE. THANKS.

Real Player - Texas, Manvel / Can't play purchased music!

La

My biggest complaint with realplayer is that I can't play purchased music. Most of the time I have used 'free credit' because I have Superpass. When I try to play any of my purchased music I get one of three messages: "We can't find the music", "This is a Rhapsody download and you can only play it after you log into your Rhapsody account" They don't tell me I bought it there, just that I downloaded it from there. This is interesting because I don't even have Rhapsody. I couldn't have downloaded it from Rhapsody. They have told me that I have downloaded it...